Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

I was just looking at some players around Europe and stumbled across Dragovic and thought to myself 'I remember when we were after him'

Looking at his career I was shocked to see he joined us on a season long loan a few years back, for some reason I erased this from my memory, I don't recall him playing at all! If it had been a 50/50 who wants to be a millionaire question I'd have claimed the answer was wrong!

Anyone else have this happen to them? I usually consider myself an encyclopedia of past players and Dragovic was high profile and not so long a go, very odd. 

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I was just looking at some players around Europe and stumbled across Dragovic and thought to myself 'I remember when we were after him'

Looking at his career I was shocked to see he joined us on a season long loan a few years back, for some reason I erased this from my memory, I don't recall him playing at all! If it had been a 50/50 who wants to be a millionaire question I'd have claimed the answer was wrong!

Anyone else have this happen to them? I usually consider myself an encyclopedia of past players and Dragovic was high profile and not so long a go, very odd. 

Your Joking right? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Your Joking right? 

Haha as in how are people going to remember players they've forgot or how the hell did I forgot Dragovic!?!

If the first bit, maybe people have had conversations or researched players that they've sworn down didn't play for us. 

If the latter, I really don't know how I forgot he signed.

Edited by Collymore

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Haha as in how are people going to remember players they've forgot or how the hell did I forgot Dragovic!?!

If the first bit, maybe people have had conversations or researched players that they've sworn down didn't play for us. 

If the latter, I really don't know how I forgot he signed.

I dont know how you forgot! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There was quite a big thread like this in the not too distant past.

Did forgot recently that Gary Taylor-Fletcher had a spell here.

Maybe it's just how our brains file memories as I remember GTF vividly. 

Danny Cadamarteri is another one for me, came across him the other day and I just couldn't picture him at all playing for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

I dont know how you forgot! 

I know shocking, I even went on YouTube to see some footage to make sure it wasn't the Truman Show or something and I'd caught the world out and there isn't any footage on there either! 

I think maybe the memories of chasing him for seasons have overridden him actually playing for us as I seem to remember we were after him for a long time. He must have been dross or injured? I just can't picture him at all. 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Michael Price (I trust you not to Google)

Ok, so there's a difference between players that I've forgotten played for us and players I've never heard of lol

And I confess that I did Google him and he had 0 appearances between 2000 and 2003, so technically he never played for us :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Maybe it's just how our brains file memories as I remember GTF vividly. 

Danny Cadamarteri is another one for me, came across him the other day and I just couldn't picture him at all playing for us. 

Got pissed with Danny in Zoots or what ever it was called back then, he was totally off his box he was with A lad called McCarthy both of them totally pie eyed and it was a student night 🤣🤣🤣 place was a kip then, one of my mates knew the Irish lad 

Sorry richard 🤣🤣

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Ok, so there's a difference between players that I've forgotten played for us and players I've never heard of lol

And I confess that I did Google him and he had 0 appearances between 2000 and 2003, so technically he never played for us :ph34r:

How about Tom Williamson?

20 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Michael Price (I trust you not to Google)

Was he a centre back? I am basing this entirely off of FA Premier League manager 2002 but I think I’ve got the right guy. 

Edit - no he was a keeper 😂 LMA 2003 I’m guessing he was from. Who was the centre back I’m in about? 10 points to anyone who tells me 

Edited by lildave3