Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

52 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Couple of loan players I got really excited about when they signed (I was young) and not many people remember or have heard of them.

Sascha Lenhart - came on as a sub against Scarborough after Jamie Lawrence knocked himself out scoring a diving header.

And Kevin Harper, he only played about 2 or 3 games for us and I really liked the look of him but no one ever remembers him.

I also had unnecessary levels of excitement when we signed Fernando Pasquinelli but he never made an appearance 😢

Pasquinelli! So pleased someone else was as excited about him as me. And he never played! 

I had the same feeling about Marco Ferrera? Not sure if he made an appearance us. Portuguese international.

Also Ada Djerziri. Think he made it onto the bench for us once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Very good player, really unlucky with injuries. Broke his leg twice including very early on in his debut.

Could play in a few different roles to, was excellent in the League Cup final. Everyone remembers the job Kaamark did on Juninho when we beat Boro, Ullathorn did a similar job on Ginola, unfortunately we lost that final.

Really good player. Like pretty much everyone else we bought from Norwich. Well Darren Eadie. Suffered with terrible injuries. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Saw Jason Wilcox in the press room at Stoke before a game once.

Ah yes, it's the former Blackburn and England midfielder.

...few minutes later...

Wait, hang on, did he play for us in the 'Forgettable Years' ??

Bloody hell he did !!!!

:dunno:

Jason Wilcox now there’s a blast from the past. A 1990’s Marc Albrighton.

A good hard working pro, who got unlucky with injuries.

Did he have a big injury here just when he was looking decent for us?

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Billy Davis (The former Derby and Forest Manager) is one I found out recently played for us in the early 1990’s.

I have no recollection of this and couldn’t even tell you what position he played in, or how many games he played for us.

He was Gary Macs replacement and cost about 165k.He played about 10 or-so games for us, got homesick and went back to Scotland.We just about got our money back I think.You really didn’t miss tbf.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

He was Gary Macs replacement and cost about 165k.He played about 10 or-so games for us, got homesick and went back to Scotland.We just about got our money back I think.You really didn’t miss tbf.

Thanks Heathrow, I bloody loved Gary Mac, in my memory Steve Thompson replaced him, but thinking back there may have been a bit of a gap between the two.

32 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Yeah away at Derby. Thought he was gonna be a world beater. He wasn't. 

I was at that game too. Behind the goal, everyone in the Leicester end leaning forward every time Ryan Smith had the ball. But, yes, turned out to be another false dawn, of which there were too many at that time. 'The Forgettable Years', is that an official title (it should be?!) and what years does it cover? My 10 year old does not know how good he's got it with the Foxes, he's disappointed we've slipped down to 4th in the Premier League!

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Saw Jason Wilcox in the press room at Stoke before a game once.

Ah yes, it's the former Blackburn and England midfielder.

...few minutes later...

Wait, hang on, did he play for us in the 'Forgettable Years' ??

Bloody hell he did !!!!

:dunno:

Reminded me of Scot Gemmill from the same period. Have to check whether they actually played for us as they were so non descript.