Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm pretty sure he was  Ric Flairs'@Ric FlairTavares of the time. We signed him from Arsenal on loan and he had one game where he was unplayable! He kind of faded after that. 

Thracian called him 'Goal Smith' and then moaned at infinitum that he was the one that got away when he left. Much like every other youth player circa 2004-9

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Collymore said:

@nnfox Martin Reeves? 

I actually have one of his match worn shirts 😂 my mates dad (who’s surname is Reeves) was at a charity event and his shirt had been donated, so he won it for about a tenner or something. He then gave it me when I was at my mates house in high school. I’d never heard of him either and found out he’d played about half a dozen games

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm pretty sure he was  Ric Flairs'@Ric FlairTavares of the time. We signed him from Arsenal on loan and he had one game where he was unplayable! He kind of faded after that. 

Debut coming on at Pride Park if I remember right.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Was he a centre back? I am basing this entirely off of FA Premier League manager 2002 but I think I’ve got the right guy. 

Edit - no he was a keeper 😂 LMA 2003 I’m guessing he was from. Who was the centre back I’m in about? 10 points to anyone who tells me 

Michael Morrison? 

Edit - nope, that was 2008 onwards (can’t believe it was so recent) 

Edited by adam95581
Update

It’s generally the loan players that were uninspiring that you sort of forget played for us, until you watch a highlights reel of look at a squad list. 

Astrit Ajdarević

Lars Hershfield

Andy Welsh

Shaun Newton

Sergio Hellings

etc etc

We've had this before and I'm sure I have the same answer. 

League One is the season I probably went to most matches. Went to every home and most away.

David Martin played 30 matches in goal for us that season and I don't remember a single second of him. When he made his brief cameo for West Ham last year I was aware of him being with us but in my head he had been on the bench.

I remember Paul Henderson, David Stockdale, Tony Warner, Mark Bunn who all played significantly fewer games in goal for us that season.  I even remember the sub appearance from Carl Pentney (ironically coming on for Martin I've just read) but Martin has been completely erased.

• Haha 2

Couple of loan players I got really excited about when they signed (I was young) and not many people remember or have heard of them.

Sascha Lenhart - came on as a sub against Scarborough after Jamie Lawrence knocked himself out scoring a diving header.

And Kevin Harper, he only played about 2 or 3 games for us and I really liked the look of him but no one ever remembers him.

I also had unnecessary levels of excitement when we signed Fernando Pasquinelli but he never made an appearance 😢

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

League One is the season I probably went to most matches. Went to every home and most away.

David Martin played 30 matches in goal for us that season and I don't remember a single second of him. When he made his brief cameo for West Ham last year I was aware of him being with us but in my head he had been on the bench.

I remember Paul Henderson, David Stockdale, Tony Warner, Mark Bunn who all played significantly fewer games in goal for us that season.  I even remember the sub appearance from Carl Pentney (ironically coming on for Martin I've just read) but Martin has been completely erased.

I'm sure @UpTheLeagueFox knows his dad? 

10 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Yeah that's a good shout. I went to all those games that season and don't remember him at all.