Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

COVID celebrations and the irony

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

How many are there?

I've not done an extensive survey, but how many people copied David Beckham's haircut? How many people look dress and act like their favourite footballer. It's not just general public but the influence on lower league footballers, non league footballers and the average Joe public who play Sunday league/five aside (obviously not the moment).

Maybe I was harsh to call them idiots, culture influences that's just a fact. Whether it was right or wrong to make it an issue, footballers were asked to curb their celebration and by the majority just completely ignoring the advice and doing what they want they set an example. How much that will influence others I don't know but people that are already frustrated and looking to stretch the rules will see this a further example of one rule for them one rule for us, like Boris riding his bike or Cummings going to Barnard Castle or Rita Ora having a party. For the lockdowns to work the public need to buy into it.

Footballers shouldnt be role models, but they need to be aware of the influence they have. Maddison got it spot on with the celebration, we know it makes no sense when they spend all game grappling with players, but they've been asked to do it and they did and had a little fun.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

To be fair, I’m sure like a lot of people footballers and the people they live with have found out how easy it is to cut hair. Especially as a lot of the hair cuts don’t look particularly complex

Madisons always looks suspect it’s like his fade / neckline is always too high 

23 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Footballers shouldnt be role models, but they need to be aware of the influence they have. Maddison got it spot on with the celebration, we know it makes no sense when they spend all game grappling with players, but they've been asked to do it and they did and had a little fun.

Can’t disagree with any of that bit at all, I’m just not sure adapting society to the lowest denominator is a way towards progress.

In the instance of covid though it is probably the right call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

The thing with spitting is that all though it looks disgusting it’s almost a necessary evil as it’s needed to clear airways effectively when pushing your body to such limits. They aren’t just doing it pointlessly 

Oh, really?

Edited by David Hankey

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

Would there not be a barber in house at the new training ground ???

Funnily enough, yes there is one.

The main guy in question used to work at a popular car brand showroom in Leicester (which had a haircut base, in a room accessible via the showroom).

He has links at the club.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

It’s so performative. Footballers are tested regularly, are in some sort of bubble and have access to incredible healthcare. Celebrating footballers have absolutely 0% impact on transmission.

It’s a result of moronic news coverage, a crank somewhere complains about the celebrations then it filters through to news coverage via headlines like, “There have been calls for footballers to stop celebrating due to Covid risk” which then disseminates as if it’s a serious issue. 

The ‘no hugging’ rule is as pointless as it gets. It’s just a sop for morons. The media, as you say, are highly culpable in this.

Most players spend the game spitting on the turf seemingly in a spitting Tourette’s fashion. That Spanish Man City manager fella likes rolling em out also. I think may be time for players to spend less time rolling around on the grass ?

We can see what happens on the pitch and it was great to see little old Foxes setting an example. But what happens off the pitch? Are they promptly whisked off to their hotel so they can bath and shower alone? From what I understand about transmission of the virus there is far more risk in the dressing room than there is on the pitch.