Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

COVID celebrations and the irony

Good to see we’re being picked out for our players making a point about celebrating in a socially distanced way, but it’s a stark contrast to all the lovely fresh haircuts most of the team seem  to have had. Not sure about the rest of you but I’m on the verge of a new COVID cut as all the barbers are supposed to be closed? Is Kelechi the team barber?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the general theme Ive been out this morning in Narborough to get my 'essential items' for the footy later and the streets are packed with folk walking on their actual legs ,queue at the coffee shop which is a bit un called for and if you have a dog it appears you have 2 allowed walks a day.

Seriously Im super careful and have had to do some work at properties with care but there appears to be a serious mood of we will comply but on our terms being sensible and keeping a bit of normality ,

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s so performative. Footballers are tested regularly, are in some sort of bubble and have access to incredible healthcare. Celebrating footballers have absolutely 0% impact on transmission.

It’s a result of moronic news coverage, a crank somewhere complains about the celebrations then it filters through to news coverage via headlines like, “There have been calls for footballers to stop celebrating due to Covid risk” which then disseminates as if it’s a serious issue. 

I think it's just about the message it sends when the Government are telling the public to stop hugging and kissing. The images of changing room celebrations at Crawley last week weren't the best. 

But yes, the risk is very, very remote in the case of footballers. 

• Like 1

Having had CV and being late 40’s it wasn’t hugely pleasant. 
Apart from my own and immediate family, I have barely been within 3ft of anyone in 6 months but somehow I caught it. 
Footballers touching each other is unnecessary and anyone of them could’ve caught it ( like I did) after being the most anti social man in Leicestershire! 
To reduce the risk, just don’t celebrate- not too hard to understand is it?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Having had CV and being late 40’s it wasn’t hugely pleasant. 
Apart from my own and immediate family, I have barely been within 3ft of anyone in 6 months but somehow I caught it. 
Footballers touching each other is unnecessary and anyone of them could’ve caught it ( like I did) after being the most anti social man in Leicestershire! 
To reduce the risk, just don’t celebrate- not too hard to understand is it?

I think this has been talked about already. All the players and staff that are involved in the game are negative as the testing is so frequent and thorough. It will be purely role modeling what we should be doing in society, not for their own protection. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I think this has been talked about already. All the players and staff that are involved in the game are negative as the testing is so frequent and thorough. It will be purely role modeling what we should be doing in society, not for their own protection. 

That maybe so but look at Celtic and see how that panned out? 
I’m suggesting that the bubble can be granite tight like mine but sometimes it can be breached. 
Role models and self preservation from where I’m standing.

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Surely the stupidity of it all is summed up by how close the players are the rest of the time, not to mention marking from set pieces etc. It can't be being proposed to actually keep players safe, probably more to do with keeping distancing in the minds of viewers.

Yeah it's ridiculous, it's OK for them all to be touch tight at corners, but there's some sort of magical additional risk if they celebrate a goal. It's an absolute nonsense but we all know the press love an opportunity to criticise footballers and there are people out there just waiting to lap it up without any real thought so you have to make some sort of show to appease them. 

Whilst  I agree keeping goal celebrations to a minimum makes sense. It does seem strange that people are moaning about this, when rugby union games are still being played at elite level & you have 16 blokes locked in a scrum, heads locked side by side & breathing all over each other, & not a word is said.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Whilst  I agree keeping goal celebrations to a minimum makes sense. It does seem strange that people are moaning about this, when rugby union games are still being played at elite level & you have 16 blokes locked in a scrum, heads locked side by side & breathing all over each other, & not a word is said.

Yes but they socially distance when celebrating too. Ridiculous I know 😂