Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norwichfox

Podcast on Nigel Pearson

Will give that a listen on the train tomorrow. 

No tippy tappy is such a shit name for a podcast, maybe it wasn't Sam's choice but bloody hell it reeks of bitterness.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Will give that a listen on the train tomorrow. 

No tippy tappy is such a shit name for a podcast, maybe it wasn't Sam's choice but bloody hell it reeks of bitterness.

I think it's probably a pisstake.

Nige nails it (as always) regarding certain managers, usually the older managers having a certain stigma, often getting labelled dinosaurs.

Personally they're often more pragmatic then the modern day manager.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Problem with managers like Nige is the attention span of the modern game. You just don’t get 2-3 years to build a team anymore, or very rarely. You need to have success almost instantly or you get the chop.

Agreed. He needed plenty of loyalty from those above through many rough patches with us. Times in both reigns when our teams lost their heads. 

I think his persona is something that can easily be taken the wrong way by players and fans alike and I can see why he has had a couple of quick dismissals because of that. 

1 hour ago, Skidmark said:

Came across great in Allardyce's podcast. Thoroughly enjoyed listen. 

Jeez! I just realised that if it weren't for Big Sam we would not have won the Premier league. 

On 26/04/2024 at 07:24, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Problem with managers like Nige is the attention span of the modern game. You just don’t get 2-3 years to build a team anymore, or very rarely. You need to have success almost instantly or you get the chop.

Even when you get success in the first season (Enzo) you still get calls to sack them!

It was good to hear Nige but the podcast itself is dreadful. Allardyce contradicts himself a billion times throughout about VAR and management, and Pike is a terrible presenter.

My favourite Nigeism though was him playing cricket for his local village team 🥰🥰🥰