Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norwichfox

Podcast on Nigel Pearson

2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I’m an unapologetic Pearson fan, and this podcast reinforces my opinion. He comes across as a really interesting and self-aware man.

He’s the man who (with Kuhn Vichai) made our club what it is.

2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I’m an unapologetic Pearson fan, and this podcast reinforces my opinion. He comes across as a really interesting and self-aware man.

Greetings Sorry about the duplicate (i;m an old fart too) and been supporting Leicester for 58 years. The years from 61 to 63 must have been rough  as I've always thought we were always pretty special but admittedly Vichai made us a club maybe capable of real greatness. He also kept us civilised while doing it.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I listened to 10 seconds and immediately decided it's worth anybody's time. Love his honesty and the self awareness as you say.

Listened last night, enjoyed it simply for the fact it's Big Nige, but was hoping there'd be more talk on football specifically and applying the principles they were discussing to real life situations. And as said, the presenter did lose track of himself a few times and talked over Pearson, which was annoying.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

My absolute favourite Leicester manager of all time, not necessarily the best but certainly my favourite. 

He’s a great listen, and I’ve not heard this podcast before but I found it a difficult listen because the host will just not let him talk. Surely his role is to guide the conversation and Nigel is clearly someone who likes to meander a bit with his answers. 

...was going to post the same thing!!!

You felt he was opening up and you wanted him to take you there but the interviewer had his own questions, so curtailed Pearsons' thoughts, and felt he had to ask them even though the said question had previously been answered.

It is a very common problem with interviews, they do not listen and lack the flexibility to link their questions in the direction the interviewee has taken. 

I wrote a similar response to the Matt Piper podcast that I had listened to and you can tell that the interview becomes a chore for the subject as he is given no leeway to express or give an explanation regarding actions he has taken. 

• Like 1

He is a legend, full stop. Along with Top and Vichai he laid the foundations to our success by setting us up properly. The work he and his staff did for this club is probably the most significant development in our history, it allowed us to kick on and achieve the impossible. Would love to see him have a fair crack at management again, but I feel it is the combo of Him Walsh and Shakey that makes the difference. 

• Like 3

Clearly one of the good guys and a good manager. Football varies in importance in my life depending on other interests  and altho I followed LCFC 's very good results while NP was manager I never had time to delve into the manager but people I trust have said he contributed so much  to 2015/16 , I don't doubt it. He's been unlucky and has often suffered unfairness I suspect because his first emotional reaction is not typical of his deeper character and had he stopped to reflect longer he could have ended up managing successfully a big club such as LCFC are hopefully becoming.(as long as they don't pick up big clubs bad habits).

The interviewer was awful as I've come to expect from the modern BBC. NP came across as admirable , honest , and a man with the right views on life IMO and would have appeared even better had the interviewer known his job, shut up, and been possibly a bit older. He will probably go a long way in what now passes as the BBC.

I hope NP himself continues in football, and to be content with life. The written piece by Nigel Pearson posted on the forum comes across better imo. Forget the thread reference.

“How could you possibly make an interview with The Most Interesting Man In Football rather boring?”

That didn't need answered.  But now we know :nigel:

- talk over him and interrupt him constantly

- redirect the conversation each time he’s revealing something good

- talk very little about football.

Very disappointing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Would be a great coup for them. Be surprised if he would lower his own standards to Bristol City though. I guess we will see.

Club very much on the up. Premiership club potential if they get this next appointment right. Pearson would be a unbelievable coup 

Possibly time that we move anything regarding Nigel Pearson to the General Sport section?

Sorry for those still obsessed by him, but he hasn't been at Leicester City for quite some time.

Would we have a Paulo Sousa podcast thread? 

I'll put my tin hat on, ready for the abuse lol

• Like 1