Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norwichfox

Podcast on Nigel Pearson

1 minute ago, Koke said:

He's the 4th best manager in my lifetime. I will always follow what he's up to and wish him success whichever club he goes to - even Derby County.

Same. He was the first manager to make me proud of supporting Leicester. Possibly the best thing about him is he's been gone for more than five years and he's still winding up the weirdos who were convinced he wasn't up to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder if he does go there, whether Craig Shakespeare could follow suit to work with him again.

I doubt that Shakey would leave a joint no 2 position at an upward PL club to join Bristol City in the Championship.

But who knows? Maybe he would be tempted if the Robins were able re-sign Nicky Maynard. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I doubt that Shakey would leave a joint no 2 position at an upward PL club to join Bristol City in the Championship.

But who knows? Maybe he would be tempted if the Robins were able re-sign Nicky Maynard. :ph34r:

It's all about Nicky.. 

Palpable excitement in these parts about the possibility of Nige being appointed (first time I've ever seen the posters on OTIB in pretty much total agreement. They're usually fighting with each other by the end of the first page of any thread... ). Sounds like a contract to end of season initially, then take it from there.

Rumours that Steve Lansdown wanted him in the summer but with the big man having long Covid it just wasn't possible. 

If he does take the job and with Joey Barton going to the other lot, it certainly won't be dull for the local press... 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

It's all about Nicky.. 

Palpable excitement in these parts about the possibility of Nige being appointed (first time I've ever seen the posters on OTIB in pretty much total agreement. They're usually fighting with each other by the end of the first page of any thread... ). Sounds like a contract to end of season initially, then take it from there.

Rumours that Steve Lansdown wanted him in the summer but with the big man having long Covid it just wasn't possible. 

If he does take the job and with Joey Barton going to the other lot, it certainly won't be dull for the local press... 

Interesting clash of personal styles one spouting Kierkegaard and Nietzsche (without having a clue what he’s talking about) and the other calling out ostriches and telling them to FOAD 

3 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

It's all about Nicky.. 

Two good appointments. I’m also down here and Bristol and been saying to my robins mates for years that Pearson would be a fantastic fit for them. A lot of Bristol city fans seem to think he’s just a big aggressive manager who’s going to whip them into shape, when in reality he’s so much more. On and off the pitch he will really take the good work Lansdown has done to the next level.

Edited by TJB-fox

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Interesting clash of personal styles one spouting Kierkegaard and Nietzsche (without having a clue what he’s talking about) and the other calling out ostriches and telling them to FOAD 

Ironically, Pearson is the one football coach in existence who probably does know the difference between Kierkegaard and Nietzsche.

But the only way to get it out of him would be over a bloody good bottle of red, winding down after fighting off a few wild dogs.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He couldn’t have dropped into a better job in terms of shaping infrastructure 

He's really not been a success anywhere apart from the seasons with us. Marmite character even within our fan base.

Hope it goes well for him but very unlikely without his two wing men. 

NFP

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Wow, what a Twitter announcement  lol

Anything less than a photo-realistic cgi render of a brightly-lit Nigel clad in angelic robes slowly descending on Ashton Gate from the clouds, O Fortuna! playing in the background, does the man a disservice tbh.

47 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He's really not been a success anywhere apart from the seasons with us. Marmite character even within our fan base.

Hope it goes well for him but very unlikely without his two wing men. 

NFP

Hull he was given a wreck and the process of turning it around. 

Derby he was largely proven right on by earmarking the squad as inadequate for what they wanted. 

Leuven no doubt poor 

Watford nearly pulled it off 

Theres no doubting that he’s excellent at building a club but clubs do have to be patient for that to kick in 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hull he was given a wreck and the process of turning it around. 

Derby he was largely proven right on by earmarking the squad as inadequate for what they wanted. 

Leuven no doubt poor 

Watford nearly pulled it off 

Theres no doubting that he’s excellent at building a club but clubs do have to be patient for that to kick in 

Excellent at building our club but elsewhere not so much (or at all). 

Arguable that he's living off the reputation created with us. 

• 3 years later...

I love Pearson to pieces. Listening to podcast and love how he doesn’t parade about his own successes. So genuinely humble to his detriment, can claim so much of our success and doesn’t really do that

Very different to a certain Irishman 

IMG_6640.png

• Like 4