Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norwichfox

Podcast on Nigel Pearson

Just now, Unabomber said:

That would be a good point if Paulo Sousa contributed to completely turning us around from our lowest ever position to winning the premier league. Oh and signing Jamie Vardy and Wes Morgan. 

Not doubting what he did for us, not for one minute, but it's time to let go.

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

If Pearson doesn’t deserve his own space in the main section of Foxestalk via the occasional thread then I don’t know who does 

Sven signed Kasper and Nugent, maybe him?

Brian Little got us promoted, him?

O'Neill got us promoted and won trophies, him?

I just find the Pearson thing odd.

It's been, it happened, it's gone. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

He needs a club that will back him, owners that will support him. Unfortunately he hasn’t had that since he left us. After what happened at derby and watford I often think about how he changed our poisonous dressing room around. Certain players thinking they could act up and get him out, however Vichai saw the problems at the club and trusted the man they brought in to correct them and backed him. Ruffled a few precious feathers in the changing room but got them out and built a strong foundation that took us forward. Maybe if derby and watford (especially derby) had backed the manager instead of poor under achieving players they wouldn’t be in the situation they are. 

Saying all this, however, his time at Leicester is in the past and he should be forever remembered for what he started here. We’ve moved on though and he won’t be back here as manager again. 

• Like 1

Just now, TJB-fox said:

You find it odd that fans on a Leicester city forum have a soft spot for one of our best ever managers? That’s odd in itself. 

You hardly see 000’s of threads about him either. 

Looks like he’s been interviewed by Bristol city. Percy has spoken 

I really do.

We're bigger and better than that now, albeit he had a big part in where we are now.

Good luck to him at Bristol City, we can chat about him in the Championship thread in General sport 👍

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What do you make of our PL title win?

Should we still celebrate it because it's been, it's happened, it's gone?

Big Nige is very popular within the majority of our fanbase (and especially on here) and therefore when we speaks plenty want to listen. And he's usually a very good listen.

Agreed Geoff. The lad is talking absolute nonsense. Don’t come onto a Leicester city fans forum if you don’t want to read about all things Leicester. 

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Agreed Geoff. The lad is talking absolute nonsense. Don’t come onto a Leicester city fans forum if you don’t want to read about all things Leicester. 

We also have threads about our ex players, ex physios and all sorts.

@tom27111 is a top bloke - the number one go-to man for car advice - but we disagree on a few bits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What do you make of our PL title win?

Should we still celebrate it because it's been, it's happened, it's gone?

Big Nige is very popular within the majority of our fanbase (and especially on here) and therefore when we speaks plenty want to listen. And he's usually a very good listen.

Exactly. He and his team did a mammoth of a job with us and gave us some very exciting times. I personally really like to know what he's up to and would love it if he had success elsewhere as well. 

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I really do.

We're bigger and better than that now, albeit he had a big part in where we are now.

Good luck to him at Bristol City, we can chat about him in the Championship thread in General sport 👍

As a leicester fan now can you even say that? Nigel deserves to be in the leicester section not the bloody championship thread in general sport lol

On 04/02/2021 at 22:49, Alan Frost said:

Greetings Sorry about the duplicate (i;m an old fart too) and been supporting Leicester for 58 years. The years from 61 to 63 must have been rough  as I've always thought we were always pretty special but admittedly Vichai made us a club maybe capable of real greatness. He also kept us civilised while doing it.

yep - such an important point. Im 100% with you on this.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There is a car thread on here which is very useful and @tom27111 helped me massively when I was changing my motor. He's helped plenty, top man.

Thanks mate, another member has bought a new motor today after a few PM's. Might start charging!

Not helping Nigel Pearson though lol

It's only a half arsed opinion, I'm not offended, I hope anyone else isn't either. 

I'm getting drunk and celebrating another 3 points

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Not doubting what he did for us, not for one minute, but it's time to let go.

But people don't,  I don't understand the need to keep bringing up the past. If he is such a great manager  then why his he not in a top post in the Premier league. He played his part in the past success but he was just a cog in the mighty Leicester City machine.

Edited by Oldblueyes
Edited to change Premiership to Premier league.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Possibly time that we move anything regarding Nigel Pearson to the General Sport section?

Sorry for those still obsessed by him, but he hasn't been at Leicester City for quite some time.

Would we have a Paulo Sousa podcast thread? 

I'll put my tin hat on, ready for the abuse lol

He's the 4th best manager in my lifetime. I will always follow what he's up to and wish him success whichever club he goes to - even Derby County.

• Like 2