Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

6Ns 2021

Honestly, I'm proud. I don't normally do the happy in defeat thing, it's not in my DNA. I could be a Boston United fan and I'd be gutted to lose to Bayern Munich. 

But I'm genuinely amazed by the fact we looked like the better team for 75 minutes there. We were absolutely superb. When you consider where we were a year ago, this was absolutely amazing. We were so clinical, so calm, so composed for nearly the whole game. 

It really bodes well for the future. 

We were massive under dogs and we turned up looking like actual champions elect. It took two sin binnings and a wonky call for sealing off to give them a win in 83 minutes. 

• Like 2

Blimey. Can’t believe I missed that.

Thanks @Finnegan for the in-depth breakdown on England. Makes a lot of sense. 

Even to a layman like myself, I think France’s style of play is what made for an entertaining game against England. Our tries are from driving mauls or the odd bit of inspired individual wing play, rather than any free-flowing gameplan.

Anyway, fair ****s to Wales. When they scraped past a 14-man Scotland and Ireland, I thought they’d be lucky to even be in the mix for a grand slam, but they’ve come to within an inch of a very unlikely whitewash. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bollocks. So gutted. Great game though. Shows the bloody Irish and English up for their boring blasting game. Glad the winner will be between 2 entertaining running sides in Wales and France (Scotland do us a favour please)!

Entertaining games are somewhat helped when defences so missing though as it was effectively basketball for the first 20 minutes.

Sports psychologists are going to have a field day with the last twelve months and elite sport playing in empty stadiums. 

The Scotch are the worst tourists in history, win in France and England for the first time since the wheel was invented and its behind closed doors. 

It's not a fluke. 

• Like 1

How exciting was that as a 6N?

Generally a great watch (if you exclude the Italy games).

I especially enjoyed watching France and Scotland in their games and you have to hand it to the Champions in Wales.  :appl:

I enjoyed this, bar the Italy games and the Wales/Ireland wins over England, the rest of the games were pretty close. Also seemed like a higher percentage of those games were high scoring than normal.

Along with the away wins that Finnegan mentioned, I wonder if the lack of crowds allowed for high scoring games due to no tension in the crowds?

• 6 months later...