Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

6Ns 2021

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You have done for years. Eddie brought absolutely none of the creativity his previous teams have used in to his management of England. From day one he decided you'd win by brute force and intensity or nothing else. 

You score tries by blitzing people in to making mistakes at the start of games or by setting up lineout moves and that's basically the sum of your creativity. 

It was always inevitable that once coaches started to work out how one dimensional England are and how to combat that that you'd struggle, tbh. 

The talent is there. You've got some terrifying, exciting players. Some of the pace and skill in your backs gives me the willies big time but Eddie has no interest in getting the best out of them. 

I understand it to an extent. Bare in mind the number of Saracens players he had who had been very successful playing a very similar way. You are right though, it was only a matter of time before we were found out and he hasn't been able to find an answer. 

Edited by BenTheFox

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Aki with his second Ireland red card.

Wonder if he's the first from the tier 1 nations to achieve that feat?

Four players have been sent off twice in their international careers. Uruguay’s Mario Cagnani, Samoa’s Alesana Tuilagi, Brazil’s Jonatas Santos Paulo and the United States’ Paul Emerick share that dubious honour.

https://central.bet.co.za/2019/08/13/most-red-cards-in-rugbyby-country-and-year/

Article is a bit old. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What do you call a Triple Crown where you lose to all the home nations? :D

Dont worry England fans you are still better than us but let me have this lol

How are they better than you? You just ****ing hammered them, they've been absolutely awful all year and they're collecting the honorary wooden spoon. 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You have done for years. Eddie brought absolutely none of the creativity his previous teams have used in to his management of England. From day one he decided you'd win by brute force and intensity or nothing else. 

You score tries by blitzing people in to making mistakes at the start of games or by setting up lineout moves and that's basically the sum of your creativity. 

It was always inevitable that once coaches started to work out how one dimensional England are and how to combat that that you'd struggle, tbh. 

The talent is there. You've got some terrifying, exciting players. Some of the pace and skill in your backs gives me the willies big time but Eddie has no interest in getting the best out of them. 

Have to agree Finners the mans lost his head

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Four players have been sent off twice in their international careers. Uruguay’s Mario Cagnani, Samoa’s Alesana Tuilagi, Brazil’s Jonatas Santos Paulo and the United States’ Paul Emerick share that dubious honour.

https://central.bet.co.za/2019/08/13/most-red-cards-in-rugbyby-country-and-year/

Article is a bit old. 

Would love to know how rough Brazilian rugby is like.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

How are they better than you? You just ****ing hammered them, they've been absolutely awful all year and they're collecting the honorary wooden spoon. 

Yeah I guess so, the pundits seem to be positive about us which is good. My comment stems from them beating us loads recently though which is annoying

How do you see your match going? Should be a cracker. I reckon France for the match but Wales for the 6N in a bonus points loss. We'll all been crap in the terms of predicting these in the championship though so who the fvck knows.

England have some serious problems. No top-class options at 15 or 13. Both Vunipolas are spent forces. Ben Youngs still doing a decent job but no-one else to really challenge at 9. Ford has never really nailed the 10 shirt and Farrell is not a great choice of captain. 

This is the result of slavishly picking the same side constantly. There's nothing new and the side looks stodgy.

I’m a rugby casual. I watch the odd Tigers game, but watch all of England pretty much.

Can somebody with a bit more nause than I, give a technical explanation as to how England have gone from being World Cup finalists, then Six Nations winners to being the worst side apart from Italy? It can’t be simply down to lack of discipline. Have we been “found out”? 

The win over France was magnificent, but the games against Wales, Scotland and Ireland weren’t even close. 

I can't look beyond France tonight if I'm honest. 

Our defence has improved enormously since this time last year, or even the autumn, but there's still a very long way to go. We're a long way off the level we were at with Edwards. 

With Edwards here we could have the opposition camped on our try line for an hour and we still felt like we'd keep them out and get a turnover. 

Now every time the opposition get a phase it feels like they'll make a few yards and against France that's lethal. Our new defensive style, instead of blitzing up at double speed seems to be about stepping off and forcing the opponent to make a decision. It's been effective against some of the less creative sides but if you give France that sort of time they'll punish you. 

Even with our much, much, MUCH improved strike rate at the other end of the pitch I just can't see us keeping the score low enough to win. Which is bad because we're going to need a low scoring game to get the bonus points we'd need to win it tonight as well. 

I'd say France by 8-12.

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’m a rugby casual. I watch the odd Tigers game, but watch all of England pretty much.

Can somebody with a bit more nause than I, give a technical explanation as to how England have gone from being World Cup finalists, then Six Nations winners to being the worst side apart from Italy? It can’t be simply down to lack of discipline. Have we been “found out”? 

The win over France was magnificent, but the games against Wales, Scotland and Ireland weren’t even close. 

I thinking relying on several Saracens players who hadn't played any competitive rugby for months was a massive error 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I say it every week but Brian Moore, Jiffy and Eddy Butler are just so outdated. In fact their opinions were irrelevant ten years ago. 

I'll be honest, I quite like them. 

There's better these days definitely, the new generation of guys like Warburton, Ben Kay and Flats I really do like. 

But I do like these three for entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Staff said:

Is that really a high tackle? 

Not in the fvcking slightest but I understand the consistency with the rule. 

I do think that they could do with writing something in to the rule that says if it's just a hand that rides up it shouldn't count but currently we all know what the rule is and that's a foul. 

It shouldn't be. I mean when a hand slides harmlessly up from the shoulder to touch a bit of neck with a couple of fingers it feels pathetic Tbf. But that's the law. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Not in the fvcking slightest but I understand the consistency with the rule. 

I do think that they could do with writing something in to the rule that says if it's just a hand that rides up it shouldn't count but currently we all know what the rule is and that's a foul. 

It shouldn't be. I mean when a hand slides harmlessly up from the shoulder to touch a bit of neck with a couple of fingers it feels pathetic Tbf. But that's the law. 

Mate it was well fecking harsh, he was wrapping his arms around the France players elbows, his hand rode up barely made contact and they got a penalty? Ridiculous 

Just now, Staff said:

Mate it was well fecking harsh, he was wrapping his arms around the France players elbows, his hand rode up barely made contact and they got a penalty? Ridiculous 

I know but at the end of the day his hand did briefly touch the guys neck and the laws are deliberately very, very clear at the moment. 

The idea from world rugby is that they make the laws deliberately harsh as possible to force players to rethink how they make contact and to try and strike as low as possible. 

The idea is they know full well that silly incidents like that will happen but they consider it a net gain if the result overall is less head contact. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I know but at the end of the day his hand did briefly touch the guys neck and the laws are deliberately very, very clear at the moment. 

The idea from world rugby is that they make the laws deliberately harsh as possible to force players to rethink how they make contact and to try and strike as low as possible. 

The idea is they know full well that silly incidents like that will happen but they consider it a net gain if the result overall is less head contact. 

Fair enough, you would like to think they could see it was purely accidental and not deliberate 

4 minutes ago, Staff said:

Fair enough, you would like to think they could see it was purely accidental and not deliberate 

Accidental and deliberate is not a distinction they make at all in the laws. 

There are times they mitigate a potential red card downwards when there's serious contact to the head but even then they don't try and guess intent. 

• Thanks 1

I love listening to Johnno, you can really understand why he was such an incredible captain. But also why he was such an average coach. 

Absolute pragmatist, understands game management from an on field point of view. Great insight in to the psychology of being a top level rugby player but no ambition or invention. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love listening to Johnno, you can really understand why he was such an incredible captain. But also why he was such an average coach. 

Absolute pragmatist, understands game management from an on field point of view. Great insight in to the psychology of being a top level rugby player but no ambition or invention. 

See him as quite similar to Roy Keane in his leadership style. Lead by example but you see why they don't make it as coaches at the top level. 

Karma that. 

I thought the one in the first half was actually grounded but obscured behind the foot on camera and we miss out because of the on field decision. 

I think that one actually isn't grounded but we get it on on field decision.