Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

6Ns 2021

27 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, nothing against Ireland or the Irish! but not a fan of either the rugby or football teams which are super pragmatic and cautious, and have been for years!! 

Dont mind me, I'm just being silly.

The national rugby team dont have much of an excuse on style given the quality of players we produced over the past 15 years. The football teams at least have the excuse of having an awful pool of players who dont have the ability of playing attractive football at that level.

Just now, Nalis said:

The national rugby team dont have much of an excuse on style given the quality of players we produced over the past 15 years. The football teams at least have the excuse of having an awful pool of players who dont have the ability of playing attractive football at that level.

Haha no worries, I knew you were pulling me leg! Agreed there's some talent in that rugby team and same goes for England, no need to be playing so conservatively! On the football you have a point too.... Weird the lack of talent that's come through. Is Gaelic football and rugby just more popular and taking the best sportsmen?

26 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Haha no worries, I knew you were pulling me leg! Agreed there's some talent in that rugby team and same goes for England, no need to be playing so conservatively! On the football you have a point too.... Weird the lack of talent that's come through. Is Gaelic football and rugby just more popular and taking the best sportsmen?

We never really built on Italia 90 over here. There was talk of the GAA being in trouble after it but the GAA started showing Live TV games all year round in the mid 90s which absolutely trounced Soccer.

Soccer has some decent people involved but the FAI is a complete farce. They've always gone for the quick fix. Our best era at underage in 97-98 didn't yield anything for the senior team bar the World Cup in 2002. Euro 2012 came too late for them.

For all that though Soccer is very fashionable and a lot more acceptable now. It was seen 50 years ago as being an impure British garrison game but TV and times a changing has turned the perception of it on its head.

I don't follow Rugby but Ireland has never spread itself outside the fee paying schools. Its astounding they've managed to get 2 decades out of it.

People might look at our National teams and sneer but to do so would show a lack of knowledge of how big the GAA scene is.

The GAA has a brilliant progressive system from under 6 through clubs, schools, university, county etc. No other sport can come anywhere near it.

Gaelic Football and Hurling are what communities are built on. Outsiders have little idea how much the games mean to the overwhelming majority of the nation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The entire Northern hemisphere, with the exception of France who were shit for a decade, have been playing pragmatic, safety first Warrenball for a long time. 

I can barely think of a team winning a Grand Slam playing Hollywood rugby since we did in 05 under Mike Ruddock. 

I'd love to see France dominate it this year playing an expansive game which might, maybe, hopefully convince the big three home nations to give it a try. 

To be fair, pre Gatland Wales were always known for playing a flair game, which is Pivac's mandate to return but its going very, very badly. 

23 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

We never really built on Italia 90 over here. There was talk of the GAA being in trouble after it but the GAA started showing Live TV games all year round in the mid 90s which absolutely trounced Soccer.

Soccer has some decent people involved but the FAI is a complete farce. They've always gone for the quick fix. Our best era at underage in 97-98 didn't yield anything for the senior team bar the World Cup in 2002. Euro 2012 came too late for them.

For all that though Soccer is very fashionable and a lot more acceptable now. It was seen 50 years ago as being an impure British garrison game but TV and times a changing has turned the perception of it on its head.

I don't follow Rugby but Ireland has never spread itself outside the fee paying schools. Its astounding they've managed to get 2 decades out of it.

People might look at our National teams and sneer but to do so would show a lack of knowledge of how big the GAA scene is.

The GAA has a brilliant progressive system from under 6 through clubs, schools, university, county etc. No other sport can come anywhere near it.

Gaelic Football and Hurling are what communities are built on. Outsiders have little idea how much the games mean to the overwhelming majority of the nation.

Thanks for this, very insightful. I have to admit I know NOTHING about Gaelic football, seems crazy given how Ireland are part of the British isles.....

• Thanks 1

There's definitely been feelings of what might have been for us , mainly in the world cup and noughties before the grand slam,  but imagine being a Scotland fan. No championships since 1999, just beat England at Twickenham playing a decent brand of rugby and cruising at half time got a lot of us thinking they've got a chance of winning the championship...only to have that hope ripped away in the space of 40 minutes. They'll need to beat France in France just to have a chance of winning the tournament. 

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The instant squeal was absolutely horrible, literally went through us when it happened. 

Same here. Made me shiver. Poor lad, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't fully recover from that. Like Monye said in commentary, those crocodile roll clear outs are so dangerous.

55 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Socially distant national anthems before playing the least socially distant sport on the planet. 

Joke isnt it?

As for the match, very good French try I must admit through gritted teeth, France have been on top since the Lowe (rightly) disallowed try. Dreading the next 40.