Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Memories of a song

21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

All the Lads n Lasses ...( O'Farrel....J.Bloomield)  Aces

"Noel"..Coventry-manager Cantwell...

The Mighty "String"...

Rodney..Fern,  hes here !!hes there, Hes every. Fking where..!!

O'neil....self-sarcasm....boring, boring Leicester...

Dambusters,...The Great Escape...Molly Malone...

The 60s & 70s produced, some Great Terrace chants/songs

Football-hymne....YNWA...

Any Opposition...Songs against Vardy, then he scores..:crylaugh:

God..I forgot so many.!!

"Those were the days , my friend"........

• Like 1

When we had the Holte End against Liverpool in the F A Cup semi . Night game, packed Villa Park, we’d just scored and sang YNWA - the days of scarves- local teenagers hanging about outside the ground with a view up to the Holte End stood and gawped at us. 
Gives me shivers now thinking about it. 

And , Wimbledon away at Selhurst Park- second leg League Cup semi - great noise. 

Not the nicest or most tuneful of songs but I’ll never forget my first game as a 12 year old in 82 ,  being in the Kop for literally 5 minutes before being pelted with coins and ....You’re gonna  get your ****ing  heads kicked in rang out in response . I’ve never felt so scared or more  alive in one go . I was hooked . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, old koppite said:

When we had the Holte End against Liverpool in the F A Cup semi . Night game, packed Villa Park, we’d just scored and sang YNWA - the days of scarves- local teenagers hanging about outside the ground with a view up to the Holte End stood and gawped at us. 
Gives me shivers now thinking about it. 

And , Wimbledon away at Selhurst Park- second leg League Cup semi - great noise. 

Good call went nuts when Larry scored.

• Like 1

Newcastle away. Lost 7-1. We were all thinking we were in for a right kicking after the events of the previous season. Luckily they won the league on the day in question and were in party mode. I remember them singing 'Andy Cole, gets the ball and scores a goal'. Then Walshy scored and the whole ground was singing 'Gets the ball and scores a goal, Stevie, Stevie Walsh'.

Great day out on the Leazes Terrace.

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

UEFA let clubs play their anthem before the players walk out to the Champions League music. 

2016/17 - Celtic chose You'll Never Walk Alone and Man City played Blue Moon

Leicester played Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake.

For **** sake lol 

This is what happens when you don’t have any football fans (let alone Leicester fans) as decision makers with these sorts of things 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

UEFA let clubs play their anthem before the players walk out to the Champions League music. 

2016/17 - Celtic chose You'll Never Walk Alone and Man City played Blue Moon

Leicester played Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake.

Hahaah Jesus lol:facepalm: 

When we first sung we shall not be moved at Watford away 2016, after the North London derby and we'd just ground out a huge win. 

Also Boys in Blue just before kick off against Porto at home. Not sure I've seen SK1 bounce like it before or after. Weird as after that it died down quite considerably.