Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Memories of a song

19 hours ago, Double Decker said:

Is there a moment you remember where a particular song was iconic or memorable?

Every loser wins by Nick Berry 1986. The moment Liz Hanson broke up with me after the school disco :(

• Haha 2

Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you.....

Shrewsbury at home FA Cup QF at Filbert Street. Awesome game, awesome atmosphere.

Sounded great sung by a full house. Not sure why it isn't sung anymore. Same goes for When you're smiling.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rain King said:

Cheesy as it sounds, I used to love 'Simply The Best' and 'Rockin' All Over the World' blaring out after our Wembley wins.

Remember simply the best after we beat Palace 

• Like 2

Boring Boring Leicester ringing out as we hit five past Sunderland, followed by "Are You Watching, Gregory?" after his complaining about our style of play.

A glorious five weeks from beating Aston Villa in the semi-final, winning the cup to that 5-2 match.

God, just typing that made me remember how much I loathed John Gregory. Absolute arse at Villa and Derby.

The most iconic moment involving Leicester and music was when Sam Bailey sang we are the champions at the Doncaster home game in which we were presented the championship trophy. 

A beautiful songbird of our generation, it was a true honour to witness such a huge, loyal, ever-present Leicester fan like Sam sing the way she did. A truly remarkable talent + wonderful lady, I really am her biggest fan. 

:ph34r:

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

The most iconic moment involving Leicester and music was when Sam Bailey sang we are the champions at the Doncaster home game in which we were presented the championship trophy. 

A beautiful songbird of our generation, it was a true honour to witness such a huge, loyal, ever-present Leicester fan like Sam sing the way she did. A truly remarkable talent + wonderful lady, I really am her biggest fan. 

:ph34r:

My main memory of Sam Bailey is Kasper taking her mic of her at the town hall to sing himself lol

• Haha 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

My main memory of Sam Bailey is Kasper taking her mic of her at the town hall to sing himself lol

I used to hate her when she was desperate to get involved in the clubs success. Supposedly a Leicester fan, give it a rest Sam you clown I didn’t see you at Hereford or Hartlepool away in League one :D;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Twice top flight winners, Totteringham Hotspurs, hyped 6, are the authors of my favourite football song from their efforts in 2016...

"We're coming for you

We're coming for you

Leicester City, we're coming for you."

Totteringham:  you're ship aaaaaaaasssssssssssgh

21 hours ago, Corky said:

Stand up if you love Leicester- During the Man United match that confirmed relegation in 2002. Seemed like the whole ground stood up and joined in. That team did not deserve it one bit. Amazing support.

Great shout, I don't see it as support for the team. more the fans showing their passion and togetherness after a truly dreadful year or so. 

26 minutes ago, Barwell Fox said:

The trip to Atletico with the pre match banter. The wheels on the bus really cracked me up and the We're going France you're not finished me off.

Yes, never has one set of fans been so divided (although tremendously good natured) - I remember a chorus from one (bus) side to the other of 'your support is fuching shit as well' 

Marshalls goal is still in my top 5 celebrated ever including Thommos 3rd Vs Swindon at Wembley and Kings 3rd at the Cardiff play off semi final.  

Perhaps blue tinted spectacles but our support was awesome back in the day. 

On 04/03/2021 at 23:28, peach0000 said:

For some reason when I first read the thread title the first thing that came to mind was the goal music at Porto away. By the fifth goal our fans were singing along lol

I remember being at the airport the next day, Leicester fans singing that everywhere. It was stuck in everyone’s heads as we’d heard it played so many times during the match lol

Now we use it for our own empty stadium goal music

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you.....

Shrewsbury at home FA Cup QF at Filbert Street. Awesome game, awesome atmosphere.

Sounded great sung by a full house. Not sure why it isn't sung anymore. Same goes for When you're smiling.

It was my first time as an 11 year old on the kop / pen 3. The atmosphere was almost overwhelming at times especially when Wallington got studded. 

If I'd had got hold of Chic Bates I'd have throttled him

• Like 1

On 04/03/2021 at 23:04, Corky said:

Stand up if you love Leicester- During the Man United match that confirmed relegation in 2002. Seemed like the whole ground stood up and joined in. That team did not deserve it one bit. Amazing support.

I remember this. I think yanited even clapped us. We done this every home game until we left filbert Street. 

On 05/03/2021 at 08:17, Voll Blau said:

When You're Smiling at Cardiff.

Very very loud. 

14 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Ginger nut, your mums a milf

ginger nut, your mums a milf

to which the kid stood up with his arms in the air and his mum with her head in her hands, can’t even remember the game but it was the funniest thing I’ve ever heard at a match

I want to say this was Stoke.

1 hour ago, NZ_Foxile said:

I remember being at the airport the next day, Leicester fans singing that everywhere. It was stuck in everyone’s heads as we’d heard it played so many times during the match lol

Now we use it for our own empty stadium goal music

Really hope they dont stick with it when fans come back the to KP though

Edited by Foxy harry

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

It was my first time as an 11 year old on the kop / pen 3. The atmosphere was almost overwhelming at times especially when Wallington got studded. 

If I'd had got hold of Chic Bates I'd have throttled him

You'd probably have had to take your Dad with you to throttle him. :)

Back in 1997 when we drew 1-1 with Middlesbrough, I remember getting back from Wembley to watch the match back on VHS praying to God that PDC (programme delivery control) had worked and it had carried on recording the extra time! I don't know if anyone remembers PDC but that thing relied on the broadcaster and they seem to mess it up most of the time so I was really nervous! 

Anyway it worked... I remember at the end they played a montage of the match to the song "ready to go" by Republica and I remember to this day it ended with Heskey scoring and that song has connected me to that moment in my head permanently now!