Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Anyone else watching this and thinking how strange it’s going to be in the future watching King Charles inspect the ranks on horseback? 

It will be. Mind the queen herself used to for many years. Don't know if you are old enough to remember 

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

It will be. Mind the queen herself used to for many years. Don't know if you are old enough to remember 

No I’m not really. Only paid attention to Trooping The Colour the last 20 years really 

Im off to Molineux in a couple of weeks for the England game, and am very aware it may well be the last time in my life I sing GSTQ     

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Welcome to the trooping of the colour match thread. 

The 1st battalion Irish guards lining up in their traditional 40, 40, 20 formation.

Looks like a sell out capacity crowd

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Welcome to the trooping of the colour match thread. 

The 1st battalion Irish guards lining up in their traditional 40, 40, 20 formation.

Looks like a sell out capacity crowd

They look good in red. Much better than all those other red teams 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bovril said:

Their ancestors are German. Doesn't mean they are a "German family". Saying that people who were born and raised in Britain are German, just because their great great grandfather was German, is a tad problematic, as the kids these days would say. 

Even if you detach them from "regular people" and view them through the lens of their own world - it's really not how dynastic families and houses work. They don't reaaally have "nationalities" in that sense. They never have. I mean, shit, their parent house (Wettin) pre-dates both "Germany" and the concept of nationalism by about 800 years and were Saxons. 

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

How people can’t like this is absolutely beyond me

Nobody does this shit better 🇬🇧

Because people like different things?

From my perspective, some (not all) who claim to like this don't actually like this pomp and ceremony. If they did they'd sit and watch all other countries do it out of love for watching marching bands and people pratting about on horses, they generally don't. They only watch it out of national pride. Which is fine, I just wish they wouldn't pretend they had any interest in marching bands and horses etc.

But some people do love it, my Grandparent did and that's fine. We all like different things. I'm pretty indifferent to the Royals, happy to congratulate her on 70 years, will be sad when she dies, not desperate to abolish the monarchy, but I have little to no interest in watching this.

Edited by Facecloth

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That fly past was pretty spectacular. Those planes in the 70 formation was really clever.

Absolutely.

Things like that makes me proud of being British.

Am sure the Queen was very pleased with that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Because people like different things?

From my perspective, some (not all) who claim to like this don't actually like this pomp and ceremony. If they did they'd sit and watch all other countries do it out of love for watching marching bands and people pratting about on horses, they generally don't. They only watch it out of national pride. Which is fine, I just wish they wouldn't pretend they had any interest in marching bands and horses etc.

But some people do love it, my Grandparent did and that's fine. We all like different things. I'm pretty indifferent to the Royals, happy to congratulate her on 70 years, will be sad when she dies, not desperate to abolish the monarchy, but I have little to no interest in watching this.

None sensible answers only please

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

42 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

How people can’t like this is absolutely beyond me

Nobody does this shit better 🇬🇧

Pretty much every imperialist country thinks they’re the best at it…UK, China, Russia, North Korea etc. 

• Like 1