Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

The whole Diana Ross thing was a bit random tbh. For a finale it was a bit meh. But good few hours of TV. Loved the Paddington Bear skit. Just as the James Bond one at the Olympics :)

It was better evening than I expected. The Queen showed her sense of humour. As you said in the James Bond vein. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'd have bought out Sir Elton for a full half hour at least. 

Tried to get a pre recorded banger from Phil Collins to keep Charles happy.

Then finished it off with The Rolling Stones.

Now THAT would've been a gig.

Talk about Start Me Up

Just now, Parafox said:

I don't think DR was miming. Maybe some electronic help but pretty good tbf 

She was struggling with hearing in her ear piece. 

You could clearly see her trying to adjust the electronic device on her hip.

Styled it out pretty well to be fair.

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've absolutely no doubt that this thread has had a shit load of negatively about the royals, some justifiably so.

But the Queen really is a lovely woman.

She swore to do her duty to the country and never step away, and whatever you think about that, fine, but she's carried out that duty.

The rest of them can pretty much fvck off for all I care.

I reckon over 90% of the population have only ever known Big Liz as the monarch. 

I'm not a royalist, or a republican, but you've got to have a bit of affection for your maj, haven't you?

Good luck to Charles, he'll bloody need it.

In an ever changing world and where somebody is always after a vote or trying to convince us of the next big thing the Queen has been a constant that somehow anchors the country. I too am not a great royalist but I don't think we would be better off without them. They do live in a gilded cage but a cage still.

• Like 2

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

In an ever changing world and where somebody is always after a vote or trying to convince us of the next big thing the Queen has been a constant that somehow anchors the country. I too am not a great royalist but I don't think we would be better off without them. They do live in a gilded cage but a cage still.

They absolutely shouldn't be above criticism and should always be publicly held to account, but the Queen is just a very special person that many have affection for.

Look at how she addressed everyone during lockdown and actually had a calming effect.

When she's gone, that won't happen again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've absolutely no doubt that this thread has had a shit load of negatively about the royals, some justifiably so.

But the Queen really is a lovely woman.

She swore to do her duty to the country and never step away, and whatever you think about that, fine, but she's carried out that duty.

The rest of them can pretty much fvck off for all I care.

I reckon over 90% of the population have only ever known Big Liz as the monarch. 

I'm not a royalist, or a republican, but you've got to have a bit of affection for your maj, haven't you?

Good luck to Charles, he'll bloody need it.

And in contrast I pointed out to my lad tonight that he’ll probably live through 4 monarchs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

And in contrast I pointed out to my lad tonight that he’ll probably live through 4 monarchs. 

I was getting furious at members of the public being interviewed who said "I might not live though something like this again"

Damn right you won't, you're clearly a 40 year old spinster. You'd need Liz, Charles and William to die tonight. 

Then George coronated tomorrow whilst you somehow manage to live to 110 years old lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I thought it was a pretty good concert, celebration, been better if wills had finished  his speech by singing wonderful world instead of whoever she was though

William and Harry should have finished it with a rap battle, dissing each others wives lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also, having seen Harry's bald patch, I think he just MIGHT actually be a member of the royal family, as opposed to Jame Hewitt's love child.

If you had that much cash though, if you were William or Harry, wouldn't you just have a hair transplant?

I'm fortunate enough to have a full head of hair. Grey hair. Actually, white hair.

But if I was losing it, I'd shave it. Or have a new lot put on.