Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It was far more prosaic - take a guess what my forename is. 

The story goes that Diana wanted to call her first son John after her Dad. The Royals think the name is bad luck in their circles so William was chosen instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see #PrinceOfPegging is trending on twitter lol

Are English media getting close to breaching the gagging order? The Prince William and Rose Habury affair plus the possible illigitimate love-child between the two has been freely talked about in the press outside of the UK for a while. The pegging bit is new though.

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Are English media getting close to breaching the gagging order? The Prince William and Rose Habury affair plus the possible illigitimate love-child between the two has been freely talked about in the press outside of the UK for a while. The pegging bit is new though.

The government will love a Royal story to take the focus off their shambles and the cost of living crisis.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Not at the Commonwealth Games as it sounds like he had his own opening ceremony... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Is it true that William is set to distribute his own herb bread via his Dad's Duchy Originals brand?

I heard that William and his partner use their own dill dough.

That joke made my eyes water... 

I could've posted this in the Charity Shield football thread, but I thought I'd keep "politics" out of it.

One of the more depressing aspects of human behaviour, is how so many people seem unable to direct their perceived grievances to the appropriate source ... and instead let it fan out in all directions.

Apparently Liverpool fans boo the National Anthem, as somehow the Royal Family are an extension of "The Establishment" that was to blame for Hillsborough ... and for that matter, all of Liverpool's economic and social grievances.

Now, I can understand how some Liverpool fans might feel a few senior police officers were to blame for Hillsborough.  And maybe a few other senior people in charge of various organisations involved with the match.

But they seem to have let their logic run wild ... and now to blame it's all the police, the ambulance service, the fire brigade, anyone associated with the FA, Sheff Wed or the Sheffield Council, senior civil servants, solicitors, the Press, the Judiciary, the Government ... and basically keep going all the way up to the Royal Family.

Now this seems pretty weird to me, as the major contribution of the Royal Family seems to be supporting various charitable organisations that help people.   For example, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme was primarily aimed at helping youngsters who didn't have the best start in life.   I can't quote specific examples, but I'm sure the Royal Family's links to Liverpool would have involved visiting people in hospital, supporting projects helping kids from poor neighbourhoods, and just doing what little bits they could to help.

And as for booing Prince William, 7 years old at the time of Hillsborough, when he was introduced to the players at the 2022 FA Cup Final.   Well that's just sheer nastiness and bad manners.

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I could've posted this in the Charity Shield football thread, but I thought I'd keep "politics" out of it.

One of the more depressing aspects of human behaviour, is how so many people seem unable to direct their perceived grievances to the appropriate source ... and instead let it fan out in all directions.

Apparently Liverpool fans boo the National Anthem, as somehow the Royal Family are an extension of "The Establishment" that was to blame for Hillsborough ... and for that matter, all of Liverpool's economic and social grievances.

Now, I can understand how some Liverpool fans might feel a few senior police officers were to blame for Hillsborough.  And maybe a few other senior people in charge of various organisations involved with the match.

But they seem to have let their logic run wild ... and now to blame it's all the police, the ambulance service, the fire brigade, anyone associated with the FA, Sheff Wed or the Sheffield Council, senior civil servants, solicitors, the Press, the Judiciary, the Government ... and basically keep going all the way up to the Royal Family.

Now this seems pretty weird to me, as the major contribution of the Royal Family seems to be supporting various charitable organisations that help people.   For example, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme was primarily aimed at helping youngsters who didn't have the best start in life.   I can't quote specific examples, but I'm sure the Royal Family's links to Liverpool would have involved visiting people in hospital, supporting projects helping kids from poor neighbourhoods, and just doing what little bits they could to help.

And as for booing Prince William, 7 years old at the time of Hillsborough, when he was introduced to the players at the 2022 FA Cup Final.   Well that's just sheer nastiness and bad manners.

The issue I have with them booing the national anthem is that you can guarantee they'd the first to call England fans booing another national anthem knuckledraggers, ignorant, boorish etc. 

Booing of national anthems is just tacky. I'm not one of those who believes you should belt it out for a show of pashun and all that but just stay silent for a minute or two.

• 3 months later...