Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

I need a new TV

Just snagged myself a 65 c3 directly from LG for 1167 quid, can get the 55 for 891 if anyone is looking you just need to use the lg10 code, sign up to be a member for another 5% off and if you have access to perks with work through your work or someone else’s you can get a further 20% off so 35% off all said took it from 1700 to 1167.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anybody got an Amazon Omni?  Interested to hear if you're happy with it.

My 10 year old cheapo Samsung is showing its age in that its "Smart" functionality is now limited to Amazon Prime and BBC iPlayer, everything else you'd want either isn't supported anymore or wasn't there in the first place 

Loathe to spend loads on one, and I could just buy another Firestick. The Amazon telly seems to be the best bet at the cheaper end of the spectrum reviews wise - a 50" is currently 400 quid, the cheapest they ever are, I believe. 

Always had Samsung or LG previously (but not expensive ones)

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My 10 year old cheapo Samsung is showing its age in that its "Smart" functionality is now limited to Amazon Prime and BBC iPlayer, everything else you'd want either isn't supported anymore or wasn't there in the first place 

Loathe to spend loads on one, and I could just buy another Firestick. The Amazon telly seems to be the best bet at the cheaper end of the spectrum reviews wise - a 50" is currently 400 quid, the cheapest they ever are, I believe. 

If you just want the SmartTV apps that work then just get a Firestick as you said. 

If you want a cheap TV then HiSense always get decent reviews. Just don't go for the absolute cheapest versions (£100 ish) as my mum has one of those and it's rubbish. 

Edited by The Bear

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Let me get in with you on this one!

Our Panasonic which is +7/8 years old is no longer supporting apps.

I dont want to spend cash on something  which us working fine(Apart from the apps!!).

Have no idea about fire sticks either, do you just plug and play into the tv and the apps will work?

Are there monthly fees?

54 minutes ago, Raj said:

Let me get in with you on this one!

Our Panasonic which is +7/8 years old is no longer supporting apps.

I dont want to spend cash on something  which us working fine(Apart from the apps!!).

Have no idea about fire sticks either, do you just plug and play into the tv and the apps will work?

Are there monthly fees?

If you don't want to buy a new telly, Firestick is great. Just think of it as a device to make a telly "Smart". Plugs into the HDMI port on your telly, needs to be connected to the mains and has its own remote.

Got all the apps on there, and no cost on top of any subscriptions you already have. We pay for Prime so can watch the Amazon content but I believe you don't need a Prime subscription (just a regular Amazon account) to access all the free stuff (All 4, ITVX, iPlayer etc).

The standard Firestick (i.e. not 4k one) is 35 quid at the minute

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you don't want to buy a new telly, Firestick is great. Just think of it as a device to make a telly "Smart". Plugs into the HDMI port on your telly, needs to be connected to the mains and has its own remote.

Got all the apps on there, and no cost on top of any subscriptions you already have. We pay for Prime so can watch the Amazon content but I believe you don't need a Prime subscription (just a regular Amazon account) to access all the free stuff (All 4, ITVX, iPlayer etc).

The standard Firestick (i.e. not 4k one) is 35 quid at the minute

Thank you buddy ❤👍🏾

12 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thank you buddy ❤👍🏾

Get yourself a decent IPTV provider and you will have access to everything you can imagine through your Firestick with no subscription fees :ph34r:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Get yourself a decent IPTV provider and you will have access to everything you can imagine through your Firestick with no subscription fees :ph34r:

What's an IPTV provider??

Told you I have no clue!!!

On 26/01/2024 at 16:34, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just snagged myself a 65 c3 directly from LG for 1167 quid, can get the 55 for 891 if anyone is looking you just need to use the lg10 code, sign up to be a member for another 5% off and if you have access to perks with work through your work or someone else’s you can get a further 20% off so 35% off all said took it from 1700 to 1167.

Few months in to having this now and am consistently blown away by how good things look on it. Watch stuff in my room on a big standard 4k telly and then continue watching it downstairs and often forget I’ve got a behemoth of technological majesty to watch stuff on. I want my bathroom tiles to be oled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

What's an IPTV provider??

Told you I have no clue!!!

It's a provider of a service you pay around £40 for a year, which gives you access to all the subscription channels on your stick. That's everything including Movies, Sports, Pay per View, etc. The lot.

You can find them all over the Internet or on Facebook through word of mouth. There'll always be someone in your area that does it too.

It's illegal technically, but so common nowadays that people don't even think twice about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Few months in to having this now and am consistently blown away by how good things look on it. Watch stuff in my room on a big standard 4k telly and then continue watching it downstairs and often forget I’ve got a behemoth of technological majesty to watch stuff on. I want my bathroom tiles to be oled.

I recently got the B3 and a sound bar from Richer sounds. Really love it, what settings do you typically use to make the most of it? 

41 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I recently got the B3 and a sound bar from Richer sounds. Really love it, what settings do you typically use to make the most of it? 

Can I please ask which soundbar do you have connected to your TV?

My Panasonic soundbar recently packed up and I am weighing up going LG to match the TV or Bose or similar.

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can I please ask which soundbar do you have connected to your TV?

My Panasonic soundbar recently packed up and I am weighing up going LG to match the TV or Bose or similar.

It’s the LG S75Q. Got it as a deal with the tv and it’s pretty good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

They’re different tellies and I’ve never used a B3 but I tend to use the cinema setting as a standard, vivid on the kids cartoons, fast moving sport I still don’t know what looks best at all.

Soundbars are ok, but I went down a different route

i got a WiiM amp which has an e arc input

Dali Oberon Speakers 

Cambridge Audio Minx Subwoofer 

A really nice 2.1 set up…. Apple AirPlay for music too…

it makes all the difference to me having your telly sound good as well as look good…

I use a Sonos sound bar with two play 5’s and a subwoofer, play my music through the same. Have more Sonos speakers connected wirelessly around the house so can choose to play anything anywhere. 

Reading all this just proves how im still living in the 90's!!

Sound bars,iiM amps, IPTV's...bring back the good old days when it took 5 REAL men to carry a tv!!!

18 hours ago, Raj said:

Reading all this just proves how im still living in the 90's!!

Sound bars,iiM amps, IPTV's...bring back the good old days when it took 5 REAL men to carry a tv!!!

Indeed.

I remember many years ago, a friends family getting a 26in TV set. Most people we knew at the time said it's ridiculous, what do you need a tele that big for?

And you're right; the weight of it was incredible.

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2024 at 07:10, The Bear said:

One thing I will suggest is look for a soundbar with a separate bass woofer. Makes a huge difference. 

I have mine set to Standard but with the treble and bass raised a bit. 

Depends on what you want. I decided to get just a standalone soundbar, because I don’t like the look of the separate sub-woofer, or separate speakers around the room.

Question for those more in the know than I.

I currently have an old Samsung TV connected to a PS4 and an old Sherwood AV receiver.

I get surround sound (DTS or DD 5.1) from the PS4 via an optical cable direct to the AVR and use the PS4 to stream and play Blu-rays, as well a gaming in surround sound.

I'm wanting to get a PS5. It has no optical out, just HDMI. My old AVR doesn't have HDMI, either in or out.

So I'm thinking can I also get a TV with an optical out and do PS5 HDMI to TV and then optical from the TV to AVR?

I'm thinking it should work, but maybe problems with syncing picture to sound? :dunno:

I really don't want to get rid of my Sherwood, it's been great and gives such a nice sound.