Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

4 strikers would force his hand on 3-4-1-2 and mean we needed at least another 3 players to be good enough to challenge the top 6.

It's actually quite astonishing how oblivious some of our fans are to just how ordinary we are playing that system and yet slate us for collapsing 2 seasons on the spin when we've played it for the final quarter or more of those seasons.

Defensively crapper, weak on the left flank and no ACM that revels in the system. Its a one way ticket to undoing all the amazing work Rodgers and the team have done and be back being no better than the likes of Everton and Southampton and not playing in Europe. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

4 strikers would force his hand on 3-4-1-2 and mean we needed at least another 3 players to be good enough to challenge the top 6.

Would it ?

Because what if vardy doesn't come back this time or falls off after Christmas again and it doesn't lock him into a 3-4-1-2. It gives him time to bed players in and means he could play stuff like 4-3-3 and mean 2 forward can rest and don't have to travel to Europe and can get ready for the next league match

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Attywolf said:

Would it ?

Because what if vardy doesn't come back this time or falls off after Christmas again and it doesn't lock him into a 3-4-1-2. It gives him time to bed players in and means he could play stuff like 4-3-3 and mean 2 forward can rest and don't have to travel to Europe and can get ready for the next league match

No team in the world who play 1 up front have 4 established strikers. Its madness. Just go and get the necessary right winger we need, get Daka and we are about there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's actually quite astonishing how oblivious some of our fans are to just how ordinary we are playing that system and yet slate us for collapsing 2 seasons on the spin when we've played it for the final quarter or more of those seasons.

Defensively crapper, weak on the left flank and no ACM that revels in the system. Its a one way ticket to undoing all the amazing work Rodgers and the team have done and be back being no better than the likes of Everton and Southampton and not playing in Europe. Be careful what you wish for.

I quite agree. If we are to be more adaptable on the pitch, we need better options off the bench as opposed to having players being forced to move to an unfamiliar position. A goalscoring winger and/or new ACM is definitely more important to our chances than two strikers. Overloading with DM's and strikers doesn't make much sense. Daka over Edouard for me, not both.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No team in the world who play 1 up front have 4 established strikers. Its madness. Just go and get the necessary right winger we need, get Daka and we are about there.

Daka has the athleticism and skill to play all across the front three. Rather see Madueke than Edouard even if hes a bit raw and unexperienced.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Madness or could it be genius?

Yeah your right it’s madness.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Watching him against Midtjylland today he was just awful.. A long way from Premier League quality.

Probably desperate for Celtic to dump him.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Whilst being paid handsomely may I add. It's not some minimum wage job in your local factory

With the very real possibility that any injury could seriously hamper your future. I can see how players end up like this.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

With the very real possibility that any injury could seriously hamper your future. I can see how players end up like this.

For sure, I understand his view, he wanted out and they said no. But always feels a bit shitty when he's downed tools so to speak and still likely being paid full whack. Neither of them is a good look but that's football

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

For sure, I understand his view, he wanted out and they said no. But always feels a bit shitty when he's downed tools so to speak and still likely being paid full whack. Neither of them is a good look but that's football

Yeah it's not good. To be fair, he supposedly downed tools last season and still scored quite a lot. He's probably coasting rather than completely downing tools, motivation and morale can often make the difference between good and excellent.

• Like 1