Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

2 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Just read this Celtic make Odsonne Edouard transfer decision amid Leicester City interest - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk) and wondered what Celtic fans will think of swapping a France U21 international for a Sunderland reject.:blush:

Never heard of Wyke before but just googled him and he would be a terrible transfer for Celtic, they should be looking much higher and preferably the next young talent that can be developed.

Yes he got 30 goals in League One this season but at 28 that just looks like an anomaly this season. The previous two years at Sunderland he got 9 goals in 51 games in League One. He has never played higher than League One and at his age shouldn't be going to a club like Celtic, Ivan Toney he ain't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Wyke

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Never heard of Wyke before but just googled him and he would be a terrible transfer for Celtic, they should be looking much higher and preferably the next young talent that can be developed.

Yes he got 30 goals in League One this season but at 28 that just looks like an anomaly this season. The previous two years at Sunderland he got 9 goals in 51 games in League One. He has never played higher than League One and at his age shouldn't be going to a club like Celtic, Ivan Toney he ain't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Wyke

I actually wouldn't mind Wyke as cover in the forward positions, he's the type of striker who'd be useful up here in certain games against packed defences. However if he is the Edouard replacement (which I fear he may be) then that's unacceptable.

The Daka news, if true, kind of kills the ‘Gosens to Bertrand is the Leicester way’ narrative doesn’t it? Daka is fairly obviously a player with a higher ceiling than Edouard. Who knows, the delay in completing the easiest (on paper) to do deal - Bertrand - may be because we’re not ready to give up on Gosens?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

The Daka news, if true, kind of kills the ‘Gosens to Bertrand is the Leicester way’ narrative doesn’t it? Daka is fairly obviously a player with a higher ceiling than Edouard. Who knows, the delay in completing the easiest (on paper) to do deal - Bertrand - may be because we’re not ready to give up on Gosens?

Unless we sell someone (possibly Youri but I hope not) im not sure we have the finances to sign  Gosens, Soumare and Daka as well as needing a winger and a centre back. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Unless we sell someone (possibly Youri but I hope not) im not sure we have the finances to sign  Gosens, Soumare and Daka as well as needing a winger and a centre back. 

There’s a fair amount to be raised from squad players this summer. Ghezzal Choudhury Benkovic & Knight would raise about £30m. We might also sell one or more of Mendy Amartey Praet & Perez. And there are wages to be saved on top of the sales: Morgan Fuchs James, possibly Jakupovic. It’d be a stretch @jayfox26, but it’s not inconceivable.

I really don’t see any of our ‘big’ players leaving this summer. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Steve Earle
Omission
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

There’s a fair amount to be raised from squad players this summer. Choudhury Benkovic & Knight would raise about £20m. We might also sell one or more of Mendy Amartey Praet & Perez. And there are wages to be saved on top of the sales: Morgan Fuchs James, possibly Jakupovic. It’d be a stretch @jayfox26, but it’s not inconceivable.

I really don’t see any of our ‘big’ players leaving this summer. Fingers crossed!

Choudhury - £10-15m

Knight - £1-2m

Ghezzal - talks of around €10m

Praet - €15-20m / around what we paid

Benkovic - I think we will try to loan and hope he does well enough to sell next year

Even minimum for those players is £35-£40m

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Choudhury - £10-15m

Knight - £1-2m

Benkovic - I think we will try to loan and hope he does well enough to sell next year

Yeah I was thinking this earlier. Might be the first time in my entire life watching Leicester that we might actually find our cast offs are genuinely wanted elsewhere and we're not just waiting eternally for contracts to run out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I was thinking this earlier. Might be the first time in my entire life watching Leicester that we might actually find our cast offs are genuinely wanted elsewhere and we're not just waiting eternally for contracts to run out. 

So true.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Choudhury - £10-15m

Knight - £1-2m

Forgot Ghezzal! Will go back & edit!