Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

That's petty, why risk losing him for nothing?

They won't. And he wants to go badly. Celtic holding out for as long as they(money) can and (new manager) probably setting up his replacement as we speak. Wouldn't be surprised if Daka becomes our right winger /attacker/ striker and add Edouard (striker/ left sided attacker) to Barnes, Vardy and Iheanacho as our front line. Provided Rodgers really wants him and we have the money. At this point everything is possible when we sign Daka given his ability to play across the front line. Its a squad game and they wont all be playing at the same time.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If true, then pleased with have moved on.  Well done Rudders.  

It reminds when I am in the work canteen and I see a delicious looking pizza and I’m about to buy it as it seems perfect for me..then out of the corner of my eye I see someone cooking a ‘ chef’s special’ and suddenly my eyes have been opened as to the quality before me  and and I don’t mind paying a couple of extra quid because the chef’s special seems even more perfect so I head to that and don’t give the pizza a second thought….

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

It reminds when I am in the work canteen and I see a delicious looking pizza and I’m about to buy it as it seems perfect for me..then out of the corner of my eye I see someone cooking a ‘ chef’s special’ and suddenly my eyes have been opened as to the quality before me  and and I don’t mind paying a couple of extra quid because the chef’s special seems even more perfect so I head to that and don’t give the pizza a second thought….

But the song... I am still a bit gutted that we won't get to inherit the song... 

Ah well, we would have done a rubbish job of it anyway!

Just now, rachhere said:

But the song... I am still a bit gutted that we won't get to inherit the song... 

Ah well, we would have done a rubbish job of it anyway!

I reckon we will get him for free in a year when vardy retires.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Vardy ain’t retiring in a year unless he gets a bad injury between now and then, which, goes without saying, hopefully he won’t. 

He’s not fully recovered from the one that’s still bothering him

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Vardy has no plans to retire anytime soon - still has 2 years left on his current deal as well - more likely he will just end up moving into the Morgan/Fuchs role

"I've not got any plan at all of retiring, I want to play for this club (Leicester) for as long as possible and try to be as successful as possible with them," Vardy said.

"I want to play for Leicester for as long as physically possible and until I'm told otherwise that's exactly what will happen," Vardy added.

"I just want to play at the top level to the best of my ability for as long as possible and if Leicester say my time is up then I'll have to look at where I am at that moment in time.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12334264/jamie-vardy-leicester-forward-has-no-plans-to-retire-despite-rochester-rhinos-link-up

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy has no plans to retire anytime soon - still has 2 years left on his current deal as well - more likely he will just end up moving into the Morgan/Fuchs role

"I've not got any plan at all of retiring, I want to play for this club (Leicester) for as long as possible and try to be as successful as possible with them," Vardy said.

"I want to play for Leicester for as long as physically possible and until I'm told otherwise that's exactly what will happen," Vardy added.

"I just want to play at the top level to the best of my ability for as long as possible and if Leicester say my time is up then I'll have to look at where I am at that moment in time.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12334264/jamie-vardy-leicester-forward-has-no-plans-to-retire-despite-rochester-rhinos-link-up

‘ as long as physically possible’ 

1 minute ago, MPH said:

‘ as long as physically possible’ 

He has had the issue yet was still playing, currently it isn't a problem that stops him playing completely, and bringing in Daka he will now get more chances to have a rest, helping to extend his career

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Unless another club (W Ham?) came in for him now.  I doubt we could fend that off by entering a legal agreement with him that we would take him next summer if he stayed and ran down his contract.

24 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm not so sure I believe this given how publicly cosy we've been with Rodgers since he left. I've never seen many, if any previous Celtic managers, particularly one's who left in the manner he did be spoke about so glowingly in statements from the club. In the last year he's gave an interview to the website and been on Celtic tv only a few weeks ago, they still even sell Rodgers memorabilla in the club shop lol!

This feels like a smokescreen to me to cover the fact we've made such a shambles of appointing a new manager and basically left him next to no chance of recruiting or planning effectively for the new season. From little bits I've heard and from what I see I think we are gambling on keeping Edouard another year in the hope he shoots us to the champions league and therefore a £30m+ bounty, instead of making £6m or £7m now maximum after we give PSG their cut. Next seasons league winners go straight into the champions league groups in Scotland. I can actually see the logic in it as by the time we give PSG their cut we're not going to be left with much, certainly not enough to replace him with a player of similar quality. Next season it's in his and our interests to get back to the Edouard of 12 months ago and rip things up again.

We get a daft offer from someone like West Ham for £20m up front or something like that and the above could change of course.

That does make it tempting for you, as long as you don't get him downing tolls which he seems to have the ability to do so. Even the most professional of players can ease off the gas in the final weeks to protect themselves so it really is a risk but the dough being offered isn't life changing is it for the club.

Tricky one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That does make it tempting for you, as long as you don't get him downing tolls which he seems to have the ability to do so. Even the most professional of players can ease off the gas in the final weeks to protect themselves so it really is a risk but the dough being offered isn't life changing is it for the club.

Tricky one.

Yeah your right, that is the big risk in that scenario. You'd hope though next season he's far more motivated, even if it is just to get the best club/deal for himself when he leaves on a free at the end of the season.

From a Leicester point of view if Celtic are wanting say £18m for Edouard, even £15m with some add-ons and you can get Daka for £6 or £7m more, which lets be honest is peanuts in EPL terms then it's got to be Daka every day of the week.

I wonder if Daka being interested in going to Leicester has maybe made Leicester change tact in pushing for Edouard, it would make sense. I don't mean that disparigingly but everyone expected him to go to a Liverpool or Chelsea type side until the past week or so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

From a Leicester point of view if Celtic are wanting say £18m for Edouard, even £15m with some add-ons and you can get Daka for £6 or £7m more, which lets be honest is peanuts in EPL terms then it's got to be Daka every day of the week.

I wonder if Daka being interested in going to Leicester has maybe made Leicester change tact in pushing for Edouard, it would make sense. I don't mean that disparigingly but everyone expected him to go to a Liverpool or Chelsea type side until the past week or so.

We've had this before with players, we completely out of the blue got Soyuncu when he was supposed to be going to Arsenal or Liverpool I think it was. 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2021 at 02:24, Paddy. said:

I'm wondering if Eddy was the smokescreen while we worked on the Daka transfer? Arguably it worked as we've been able to negotiate and hopefully bag Big Pat pretty much while nobody was looking.

If our interest in Daka had been made more public, much sooner, we might have been in a bidding war.

If this is the case then we should have done a better job with putting a lid on this until he has actually signed.

41 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Should just sign both.

The re sale alone would be huge for the benefit of the club.

The fact they are both great strikers is a bonus 

- Money

- Money needed for strengthening of other areas 

- Keeping 4 strikers happy when we generally play 1 or 2

- Keeping 4 strikers in form with sparse game time. 

• Like 4

I'm starting to wonder whether BR will grab Edouard late on in the window before they lose all hope of rescuing some funds via sell on before his contract is up.

I always hoped the BR would go for 2 strikers and these 2 would be ideal.

5 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Should just sign both.

The re sale alone would be huge for the benefit of the club.

The fact they are both great strikers is a bonus 

Signing both with Vardy and Iheanacho also on the books means one of the two signed would hardly ever play which would mean they would have little re-sale value at all.