Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't understand it personally. 2 LBs in brilliant form lately, dropped for a RB? 

He's losing it.

Grealish in for Sterling too. 

Apart from Chilwell's performance in the Champions League final, has he really been in 'brilliant form'.

18 minutes ago, KFS said:

Wtf is this lol 

if you do not want Grealish,  can we borrow him for Wales game ? 

Southgate seems a litle bit more like  defensive team manager  .

Edited by Gazi Giray

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Apart from Chilwell's performance in the Champions League final, has he really been in 'brilliant form'.

He made a difference when he came on as a sub in the FA cup final and was good in our league game when he started. Add those to the CL final and I'd say he's in pretty good form.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Duquesne Whistle said:

He made a difference when he came on as a sub in the FA cup final and was good in our league game when he started. Add those to the CL final and I'd say he's in pretty good form.

Certainly an improvement on what he has contributed for the rest of the season when he struggled to get into the Chelsea first team

4 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Certainly an improvement on what he has contributed for the rest of the season when he struggled to get into the Chelsea first team

What does the rest of the season matter? We can't scream for the manager to pick form players and then say 'ah, he wasn't in the team earlier in the season'.

He fought his way into a CL winning first XI, playing for a pretty astute manager and finished the season well. That screams 'in form' to me.

Obviously, we all have our own opinions and ours differ on this, that's ok though.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Much of a muchness with Sterling and Grealish. Both very good players, one is just recieving more hype at the moment.

Not true imo. Sterling is a poor player. He isn't as good at dribbling as Grealish, in fact often runs into defenders. He can't cross, he rarely strikes the ball well. He got good numbers a few years back because Man City played in a way that meant he got on the end of a lot of moves to get tap ins or playing the ball across the box for an assist. Grealish is a much better player.

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not true imo. Sterling is a poor player. He isn't as good at dribbling as Grealish, in fact often runs into defenders. He can't cross, he rarely strikes the ball well. He got good numbers a few years back because Man City played in a way that meant he got on the end of a lot of moves to get tap ins or playing the ball across the box for an assist. Grealish is a much better player.

Christ almighty! Sterling isn’t a ‘poor player’... but he isn’t as on-form as Grealish at the moment.

Id pick Grealish personally, but Sterling will do a job if he’s selected

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Christ almighty! Sterling isn’t a ‘poor player’... but he isn’t as on-form as Grealish at the moment.

Id pick Grealish personally, but Sterling will do a job if he’s selected

Can he cross? Does he have a good shot? Does he often beat his man? Is he skillful? All the answers are no.

He has decent movement, I'll give him that.

Edited by Facecloth

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can he cross? Does he have a good shot? Does he often beat his man? Is he skillful? All the answers are no.

He has decent movement, I'll give him that.

I’m with you on this, he is one of those frustrating players that have the attributes but never really deliver… Rashford is another going that way as well. Grealish he is the type of player you need at a big tournament, he has that confidence and desire to just drive at players. Like Gazza 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m with you on this, he is one of those frustrating players that have the attributes but never really deliver… Rashford is another going that way as well. Grealish he is the type of player you need at a big tournament, he had that confidence and desire. Like Gazza 

Raheem Sterling is not a ‘poor player’. His final product has always been suspect but I doubt any defender relishes marking him.

My definition of ‘poor’ is widely different to others clearly.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Raheem Sterling is not a ‘poor player’. His final product has always been suspect but I doubt any defender relishes marking him.

My definition of ‘poor’ is widely different to others clearly.

Poor is harsh to be fair, but more just frustrating because you know he isn’t far off from being a great player, just he lets you down with that finishing or final ball too often though and that can be costly 

32 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Poor is harsh to be fair, but more just frustrating because you know he isn’t far off from being a great player, just he lets you down with that finishing or final ball too often though and that can be costly 

Is that true though? What attributes does he possess that make him nearly great?

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

:frusty:

Edited by Col city fan

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely can’t even be bothered to argue with you 

I'm not arguing with you, I'm expressing my opinion, and you quoted me, so don't blame me for responding. 

But I said I think Sterling is crap. I had two options, stand by my opinion or hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong. Or I could take the Col option, pretend I never said what I originally said and pretend I always rated him. At least I own my opinion and stand by it or admit when I'm wrong.

• Like 1