Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

Just now, Facecloth said:

I'm not arguing with you, I'm expressing my opinion, and you quoted me, so don't blame me for responding. 

But I said I think Sterling is crap. I had two options, stand by my opinion or hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong. Or I could take the Col option, pretend I never said what I originally said and pretend I always rated him. At least I own my opinion and stand by it or admit when I'm wrong.

The thing is, you can still maintain he’s crap and that’s fine. But today he’s played well and won the game for England. If you can admit that, then that’s great. It’s always harder to give credit to a player you don’t really rate. I couldn’t believe I said that Tyrone Mings played well, but he did so fair’s fair. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

The thing is, you can still maintain he’s crap and that’s fine. But today he’s played well and won the game for England. If you can admit that, then that’s great. It’s always harder to give credit to a player you don’t really rate. I couldn’t believe I said that Tyrone Mings played well, but he did so fair’s fair. 

I think he was very poor first half tbh. Moved well, as I said he does, but everything else was poor. Picked up second half, but still wouldn't be in my 11. As I said earlier, I'm not Lawro, I don't automatically rate players as soon as they score. But that's my opinion and I'll stand by it unless he proves my completely wrong, today he didn't imo, regardless of the goal.

But I do agree re Mings and I called out the Tripper selection too and I thought he was decent, I'll give credit when it's due, I just don't think Sterling was excellent just because he scored.

Just now, Facecloth said:

I think he was very poor first half tbh. Moved well, as I said he does, but everything else was poor. Picked up second half, but still wouldn't be in my 11. As I said earlier, I'm not Lawro, I don't automatically rate players as soon as they score. But that's my opinion and I'll stand by it unless he proves my completely wrong, today he didn't imo, regardless of the goal.

But I do agree re Mings and I called out the Tripper selection too and I thought he was decent, I'll give credit when it's due, I just don't think Sterling was excellent just because he scored.

I agree he wasn’t excellent, especially in the first half - but the biggest thing was that he made a difference and he at least always seemed a threat. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

I agree he wasn’t excellent, especially in the first half - but the biggest thing was that he made a difference and he at least always seemed a threat. 

And I think we have players who can even more of a difference in the squad.

6 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

The rules of the extended squads for this tournament state you must have two keepers on the bench in the match day squad.

Daft really, but there you go.

Really? Wow! That's madness. 

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Rough on the Scots having an early kick off.

Luckily enough for me, the final whistle should go around about the exact time I have to leave for work. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Czech's are a decent team, I think Scotland will be lucky to get a point today.

They are a decent team. We've beaten them three times in the last year (well, twice. One of those games, they sent their u21 squad over due to covid) but we definately won't take them for granted. 

This is easily our biggest game of the tournament. This is the one we COULD win which would put us in with atleast a shout of qualifying. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Czech's are a decent team, I think Scotland will be lucky to get a point today.

It will be nice watching it with an England win in the bag. Usually after our first game I'm already stressing about the opposition for the remaining group games. Today I'll be watching as an interested observer - more curious than anxious. It's a pleasantly different dynamic.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Luckily enough for me, the final whistle should go around about the exact time I have to leave for work. 

They are a decent team. We've beaten them three times in the last year (well, twice. One of those games, they sent their u21 squad over due to covid) but we definately won't take them for granted. 

This is easily our biggest game of the tournament. This is the one we COULD win which would put us in with atleast a shout of qualifying. 

The home crowd will be a huge asset, got to harness that as the team will bound to be a bit nervous given the absence from major tournament football for 23 years. All the best pal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The home crowd will be a huge asset, got to harness that as the team will bound to be a bit nervous given the absence from major tournament football for 23 years. All the best pal

Cheers buddy. Been listening to Del Amitri's 'Don't come home too soon' on repeat all morning!

• Like 1