Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

When the in-laws book a meal for 2pm….. the ****ing state of it. 

When the son in law suddenly gets Corona symptoms at 1pm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Odd.

Why is trippier starting at left back? Is chilwell or Shaw not fit?

Mings is horrific. Wouldn't have him in the squad.

Apart from its okay.

Don't understand it personally. 2 LBs in brilliant form lately, dropped for a RB? 

He's losing it.

Grealish in for Sterling too. 

I don't understand the thinking of starting Trippier there. I know he might have experience there but then Shaw and Chilwell, if fit, should either be starting. I don't get it. 

Grealish has performed well in the friendlies too. Worth a start over Sterling. 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Grealish has to start over Sterling surely. 

Not when that idiot is in charge. We all know it was gonna happen deep down. 

Also I like Trippier, decent right back who's just won the league in Spain, but why is he starting at left back. Are Chilwell and Shaw that bad then? Shaw should start for me, he's had a strong season. 

Guest ttfn

As much as I’d like to see both Grealish and Foden start, if Kane drops deep (which he seems intent on doing whether it’s beneficial for the team or not) you do need a runner in behind.

That is not Grealish’s game. If it was up to me I’d have Sancho doing that job but both him and Grealish could be great subs for us through this tournament.

The alternative is probably to play a crazy high line and try to play the game exclusively in their half but Southgate’s game plan is built around not exposing our weak defence and that would be suicide with Mings in there.

Can only add my voice to those before. Trippier seems an odd decision, if correct. 

I can understand starting Chilwell on the bench, he could cause havoc as a fresh 60 minute sub with his pace on the wing, but why not start with Shaw. 

Sterling isn't in form and his finishing, which never was first class, is shocking at the moment. He does cause panic in defences with his runs though and pulls defenders all over the place. Maybe Southgate is being slightly careful with Grealish too, he was out for quite a while.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

What does everyone think for the starting line up then? 

Edit: forgot to include this 

A bit odd.

Personally, Mings wouldn’t be in my squad never mind XI, and I wouldn’t have Trippier, Philips or Sterling in my lineup.

given injuries I’d pick something like...

Pickford

Walker, Stones, White, Shaw

Rice 

Mount, Bellingham

Foden, Kane, Grealish  

• Like 1

Today we will watch very good game..England and Croatia. England is favorite of the game , being one of favorite teams of the final and Croatia is  a strong rival to play , as always. If you play Croatia,  the game would be definetely very exciting. They have good technical abilities.

I do not know  if Mandzukic would play ..England team should be careful for Vida for corners and free kicks. He is very good at this. 

Harry Kane and Grealish are the most important players for England.   

Good Luck  :)

Edited by Gazi Giray
  • Like 1