Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, you just know that he's not going to field the side most of us want or play to our strengths. What's really really odd though is he's gone top heavy on wingers and ACM's and left us quite short on defenders and central midfielders and yet they're the 2 areas he likes to load his teams with, baffling. He hasn't got a clue.

We know what we want to see but we also know that Gareth simply won’t do it

we can’t defend so why try  - go attacking. Two cdm’s and then the front four of grealish, mount, foden and Kane.  That gives the opposition something to worry about. Southgate will stick with his tried and tested sterling, Kane and mount shoehorned in somewhere.  He will play a back five and 2 cdm’s . we will get through the group but we will miss out on giving the front four we want to see time to gain momentum in competitive matches.  We will then lose in the last 16 and the excuse will be that we faced a strong side ......yawn 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We know what we want to see but we also know that Gareth simply won’t do it

we can’t defend so why try  - go attacking. Two cdm’s and then the front four of grealish, mount, foden and Kane.  That gives the opposition something to worry about. Southgate will stick with his tried and tested sterling, Kane and mount shoehorned in somewhere.  He will play a back five and 2 cdm’s . we will get through the group but we will miss out on giving the front four we want to see time to gain momentum in competitive matches.  We will then lose in the last 16 and the excuse will be that we faced a strong side ......yawn 

Ironically, as a scot, I want you to play a more attacking side also as I feel it would give us a better chance of beating you (would increase it from no chance to slim to none). 

If you go with an attacking RB, you WILL have issues on that side as we play essentially with two LB's. Also, if you play a CM of Mount and Foden, I fancy our chances of over running you in there. 

As well as that, Mount, Foden, Graelish, Sancho, Chillwell? I fancy our chances from set plays. 

46 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ironically, as a scot, I want you to play a more attacking side also as I feel it would give us a better chance of beating you (would increase it from no chance to slim to none). 

If you go with an attacking RB, you WILL have issues on that side as we play essentially with two LB's. Also, if you play a CM of Mount and Foden, I fancy our chances of over running you in there. 

As well as that, Mount, Foden, Graelish, Sancho, Chillwell? I fancy our chances from set plays. 

With all due respect, I’m sure it’s just blind optimism. Chilwell for his height is good in the air. The others players mentioned will likely not be in the box defending. There’s no chance Foden plays central midfield with Mount either. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

With all due respect, I’m sure it’s just blind optimism. Chilwell for his height is good in the air. The others players mentioned will likely not be in the box defending. There’s no chance Foden plays central midfield with Mount either. 

What is? I've already stated that I don't give us very much chance at all.

Also, if they did play,  I hope to god that you DO leave 4 players out the box when defending corners etc. 

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wasn't sure where to stick this. Christ Jim White is thick, or he's very good a playing the role of an idiot.

Yeah, Whyte showing himself to be the Diddy that he is here. 

Being Scottish, I have absolutely no problem with what Jordan is saying here. It would be hypocritical for me to take offence as I'm not ambivalent to England's success or failure... I actively WANT them to do poorly.

26 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yeah, Whyte showing himself to be the Diddy that he is here. 

Being Scottish, I have absolutely no problem with what Jordan is saying here. It would be hypocritical for me to take offence as I'm not ambivalent to England's success or failure... I actively WANT them to do poorly.

Thing is White is saying he's like you, he actively wants England to fail, but then he's getting wound up because Jordan isn't bothered about how they do. He wants Jordan to support Scotland and Wales, whilst he does the opposite for England. Weird man.

• Like 1

Really can’t stand Jim White. He is just desperate to be popular but no one actually likes him. He is always going on about how he knows everyone etc. Also he is so out of touch with football and fans which is weird considering his job.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What is? I've already stated that I don't give us very much chance at all.

Also, if they did play,  I hope to god that you DO leave 4 players out the box when defending corners etc. 

They’ll make up the wall. We’ll obviously have our bigger lads in the box. 

• Like 1

Heard a podcast what made the excellent point that clearly the playing squads of both Scotland and England have a difference in quality. 

However, Clark knows his team bar two players and trying to get McTominay in midfield. Southgate does not have any confidence in what his starting eleven should be - the selection of Ben White clearly proving he wanted a player who could play three positions as opposed to a clear idea where he's short 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Scotland are so racist for not kneeling 

Scottish international football is famous for one thing, and that's the scene from trainspotting where Tommy is shagging his mrs whilst watching Archie Gemmill score against Holland. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Scottish international football is famous for one thing, and that's the scene from trainspotting where Tommy is shagging his mrs whilst watching Archie Gemmill score against Holland. 

And having fans who aren't complete bellends. 

I haven't followed international football at all since Manzukic's goal, three years ago.

Are Croatia still really good? We should be getting out of this group but Czech Republic and Scotland are both capable of a result. 

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Really can’t stand Jim White. He is just desperate to be popular but no one actually likes him. He is always going on about how he knows everyone etc. Also he is so out of touch with football and fans which is weird considering his job.

What the fook’s wrong with Jim White?

😆

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Hope the “fans” don’t boo tomorrow and get behind the team. I see the fa have had to make another statement today. 

Crystal clear ennit. If you're still booing you're both thick and racist, no two ways about it.