Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Attilla Szalai

38 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

That deal would make far too much sense! Plus they can arrange a free transfer for Cags in January anyway 

hey.. if it cuts even  only one million off the deal I’d be well up for it.  Besides, if we want this guy in January then it makes sense they’ll want a replacement..  other than the fact they have lots of CBs 😂

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How's he done in Turkey? I remember the name and the fact he's massive (and left footed?) but I've genuinely no idea how high his stock is

He looks to have done okay this season. Nothing particularly stand out that I can see from a glance.Screenshot_20221126-105611.thumb.png.52806d03683061618d4bb208e52fea64.png

Screenshot_20221126-105352.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

https://turkish-football.com/leicester-city-to-send-scouts-to-turkey-for-defender-attila-szalaiahead-of-europa-league-clash/

Leicester City to send scouts to Turkey for defender ahead of Europa League clash
By Emre Sarigul -March 14, 2023

Leicester City will send scouts to Turkey for the Fenerbahce vs Sevilla Europa League Last 16 second-leg tie to watch Attila Szalai according to Aksam.

Per the source, the Foxes, Liverpool and PSG are all interested in Szalai.

Leicester however, will be the only club to officially have scouts on Thursday at the game monitoring the defender.

The report claims that four players in total, Szalai, Ferdi Kadioglu, Arda Guler and Miguel Crespo will be scouted by an assortment of clubs across Europe.

Leicester will be keeping tabs on Szalai on Thursday at the Sukru Saracoglu stadium.

The report claims that Szalai is open to a summer move and that his dream is to play in the Premier League.

Szalai joined Fenerbahce on a €2.2m move from Limassol in January 2021 and has gone onto establish himself as a key player.

The Hungary international is still under contract until summer 2025 so Fenerbahce are in no rush to sell but will consider attractive offers.

The centre-back is expected to start for the Yellow Canaries who will be hoping to turn around a 2-0 aggregate deficit.

The 25-year-old has two goals and two assists in 38 appearances in all competitions this season for Fenerbahce.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Fits the profile, we've clearly been linked to him / watched him for a few windows now and we definitely are going to need centre backs. 

Could definitely see him being that first signing that we get done the second the window is open that everyone saw coming for months. 

52 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Been banging this drum for a year or so.

If we didn't play such a criminally high line, Souttar and Szalai would be a really impressive imposing pairing. Morgan and Huth style.

But, for now, we do play with a high line - and he makes Vesty look quick 🥴

15 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

But, for now, we do play with a high line - and he makes Vesty look quick 🥴

I wouldn't quite agree with that. He's got half decent recovery pace from what I've seen. More than Souttar, but think both would benefit more from a deeper line.

• Like 2