Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It’s not the elephant in the room. The crush happened outside the gate in a pre-meditated move. What would’ve happened if they’d opened the gates? Fans would’ve streamed from a narrow and full gantry into an empty airport hanger sized area. Hence people scaled the fences to avoid injury. 

And for that bloke who’s consistently bleated on about covid to be making light of the death of fellow football fans is incredulous. I’m alright jack, selfish attitude summed up.

it’s ok to say ‘I hate scousers so much I’ll take the side of the French’ (who by the way hate you much more than the scousers do). But these ridiculous assertions show a complete lack of thought. 

It is the elephant in the room. Ultimately there WERE fans there on fake tickets. The numbers of which are currently unknown. The way the media gloss over this fact is hilarious. 

You can’t have a full and frank enquiry if only half the facts are being discussed. 

I’m not sure he’s making light of any deaths at all. He’s just correctly pointing out that on both these occasions (and many many others) ticketless Liverpool fans have been in the vicinity of the stadium when they had no right to be. You can criticise this without also making light of those who died. 

29 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Maybe one for the unpopular opinion's thread but I actually prefer BT's coverage over Sky's.

Its quite close for me but Sky just edge it for me.

Anchors - Sky by a mile

Commentators - BT by a mile

Co-Commentators - Sky but its marginal

Studio Pundits - Sky probably edge it

Everything in between is fairly marginal for me too.

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It is the elephant in the room. Ultimately there WERE fans there on fake tickets. The numbers of which are currently unknown. The way the media gloss over this fact is hilarious. 

You can’t have a full and frank enquiry if only half the facts are being discussed. 

I’m not sure he’s making light of any deaths at all. He’s just correctly pointing out that on both these occasions (and many many others) ticketless Liverpool fans have been in the vicinity of the stadium when they had no right to be. You can criticise this without also making light of those who died. 

Honestly I hope to god if we get into Europe again, and you attend away matches, this kind of thing doesn’t happen to you. Because ultimately there WERE plenty of our own jibbing into away games. 

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Honestly I hope to god if we get into Europe again, and you attend away matches, this kind of thing doesn’t happen to you. Because ultimately there WERE plenty of our own jibbing into away games. 

Do we have a history of football fans tragedies though? 

I can guarantee I’ve done more European away games than you mate 

Just spoke to one of my best mates who went. He’s a Liverpool STH and goes all over with them. He knows my totally unbiased views on Liverpool fans as a whole, but here’s his story 

From what he’s just said, he left the fans park at around 6pm and arrived at the stadium about 7pm.

Two riot vans had been parked at an angle close together which funnelled all the fans through roughly an 8ft gap. 

That took about 45mins to get through

Once past that, there was a big ramp they all had to walk up to get to their gate. The initial security check point should’ve been on that ramp apparently, but had been binned off so it was a free for all.

When he got to Gate Z where they were stood for 2 hours in the end, he said it was awful. The stewards were stood the other side of the closed gates just looking at the fans but saying nothing. Liverpool fans started trying to climb the fences to get in, but were pulled down by other Liverpool fans who ‘ ‘were aware of their history and how that would be portrayed by the rest of the world’ 

Outside the gate there were full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc as the tension started getting too much (I’m surprised he told me this as that’s music to my ears 😂)

He says he could feel the squeeze and it was terrifying.

Eventually they opened one gate only, where at that point it was a free for all. The other side of the gate he just felt glad to be alive. A copper came up to him and apologised to Dan. He got to his seat just before the CL music started. 

He and I have done a lot of games abroad so know about the several rings/outer cordoned of security you usually go through before you even get close to the stadium. Doesn’t sound like any of them were In place at all, which would’ve stopped the jibbers and chancers. 

He flew back via Bergamo (walked in home at 510am Monday morning 🤣🤣🤣) During his 6 hours there he said he spoke to absolutely no end of Liverpool fans who were bragging they’d blagged it in- UEFA hi via jackets being one method. 

He also said that in the fans park some of the Liverpool fans behaviour was obscene- reckoned if they acted how they were acting outside Anfield then they’d have got filled in. Even he himself said that a lot of the problems were created by the Liverpool fans themselves and that they can’t just go round blaming UEFA and the French.  

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Just spoke to one of my best mates who went. He’s a Liverpool STH and goes all over with them. He knows my totally unbiased views on Liverpool fans as a whole, but here’s his story 

From what he’s just said, he left the fans park at around 6pm and arrived at the stadium about 7pm.

Two riot vans had been parked at an angle close together which funnelled all the fans through roughly an 8ft gap. 

That took about 45mins to get through

Once past that, there was a big ramp they all had to walk up to get to their gate. The initial security check point should’ve been on that ramp apparently, but had been binned off so it was a free for all.

When he got to Gate Z where they were stood for 2 hours in the end, he said it was awful. The stewards were stood the other side of the closed gates just looking at the fans but saying nothing. Liverpool fans started trying to climb the fences to get in, but were pulled down by other Liverpool fans who ‘ ‘were aware of their history and how that would be portrayed by the rest of the world’ 

Outside the gate there were full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc as the tension started getting too much (I’m surprised he told me this as that’s music to my ears 😂)

He says he could feel the squeeze and it was terrifying.

Eventually they opened one gate only, where at that point it was a free for all. The other side of the gate he just felt glad to be alive. A copper came up to him and apologised to Dan. He got to his seat just before the CL music started. 

He and I have done a lot of games abroad so know about the several rings/outer cordoned of security you usually go through before you even get close to the stadium. Doesn’t sound like any of them were In place at all, which would’ve stopped the jibbers and chancers. 

He flew back via Bergamo (walked in home at 510am Monday morning 🤣🤣🤣) During his 6 hours there he said he spoke to absolutely no end of Liverpool fans who were bragging they’d blagged it in- UEFA hi via jackets being one method. 

He also said that in the fans park some of the Liverpool fans behaviour was obscene- reckoned if they acted how they were acting outside Anfield then they’d have got filled in. Even he himself said that a lot of the problems were created by the Liverpool fans themselves and that they can’t just go round blaming UEFA and the French.  

I probably believe about 10% of that at most. Fabricated and exaggerated. If any of that were remotely true it would’ve been all over social media. I was unfortunately at their fan park from 2/3pm - 6pm. Saw nothing of the like he’s describing 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I probably believe about 10% of that at most. Fabricated and exaggerated. If any of that were remotely true it would’ve been all over social media. I was unfortunately at their fan park from 2/3pm - 6pm. Saw nothing of the like he’s describing 

Bollocks 

Hes a fcuking Liverpool fan and knows my hatred of them. Absolutely no way would he give me any more ammunition than I already have against them 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Maybe one for the unpopular opinion's thread but I actually prefer BT's coverage over Sky's.

Yeah same, sky win the pundit war but you can just switch that shit off. Fletch is a lot better than Tyler, co commentators can be hit and miss but Im fed up of hearing Neville during games

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah same, sky win the pundit war but you can just switch that shit off. Fletch is a lot better than Tyler, co commentators can be hit and miss but Im fed up of hearing Neville during games

On the flip side of that Steve Macmanaman is a dreadful summariser. Keown tends to be not bad IMO.

Heskey always does nice stuff in the studio I think.

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

An interesting point, can't really argue against it

I can. That's honestly one of the worst takes I've ever seen. Not that I should be surprised from some sanctimonious cvnt in the Torygraph cosplaying as a poor, skint guy that can't afford a cable TV package. Shut up you absolute tool.

Nobody subscribes to a sports channel to get current affairs news and the last thing I would want - and I really can't stress this enough - THE. LAST. THING I would want would be listening to Jake fvcking Humphrey and Michal fvcking Owen give us all their take on how to correctly police a major sporting event and it's subsequent crowds. Can you think of anybody worse equipped to be tackling that?!

The absolutely best thing they could have done in that situation is cover the delay by finding other topics relating to the match to talk about and keep covering the game, that's what they're there for.

Edited by Finnegan

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So a group of lads who have stated they do not have tickets, enjoying themselves at the designated fanzone, meant for those who do not have tickets. I really think you and the other anti-football fan French lovers need to think about your arguments, all looking very foolish and exaggerated.

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Bollocks 

Hes a fcuking Liverpool fan and knows my hatred of them. Absolutely no way would he give me any more ammunition than I already have against them 😂😂😂

I've no idea what he said, but i reckon you've exaggerated it - 'full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc'

If this was even remotely true, social media would be plastered with it.

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So a group of lads who have stated they do not have tickets, enjoying themselves at the designated fanzone, meant for those who do not have tickets. I really think you and the other anti-football fan French lovers need to think about your arguments, all looking very foolish and exaggerated.

Could honestly say the same about yours.

Clearly the truth is somewhere in the middle beyond your wild defences of the fans, and the authoritarian approach taken by the police. Theres blame on all sides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I've no idea what he said, but i reckon you've exaggerated it - 'full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc'

If this was even remotely true, social media would be plastered with it.

Well I wished I’d recorded him to appease you 

It’s funny that you don’t think I or he exaggerated when he said he was glad to get out of the crush alive 

27 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

412772E6-35AA-4942-854A-BED85214AA68.jpeg

So as i said, you've exaggerated it - here's your quote - 'full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc'

Which in truth, confirmed by you above, was actually - two people had a fight. Not sure if they were Liverpool fans or local youths that were on site either.

I understand you and a few others despise the fact that football fans went abroad to watch their team in a cup final, but come on, apply some logic to what you are saying.

Edit - i also believe the quote about the copper going up and apologising to Dan is another fabrication. As. If

Edited by grobyfox1990

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So as i said, you've exaggerated it - here's your quote - 'full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc'

Which in truth, confirmed by you above, was actually - two people had a fight. Not sure if they were Liverpool fans or local youths that were on site either.

I understand you and a few others despise the fact that football fans went abroad to watch their team in a cup final, but come on, apply some logic to what you are saying.

Edit - i also believe the quote about the copper going up and apologising to Dan is another fabrication. As. If

😂😂😂

Wow

Live in your own fanciful world if you wish. The blokes at work. He’s not going to give me another blow by blow account on what happened when he told me over the phone a couple of hours before. 

I’ll bow out of this now. Clearly you won’t accept any other variation as to what you saw. I’m glad you can be the FT spokesperson for 70k fans on what did and didn’t happen 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

😂😂😂

Wow

Live in your own fanciful world if you wish. The blokes at work. He’s not going to give me another blow by blow account on what happened when he told me over the phone a couple of hours before. 

I’ll bow out of this now. Clearly you won’t accept any other variation as to what you saw. I’m glad you can be the FT spokesperson for 70k fans on what did and didn’t happen 

Yes a good time to respectfully agree to disagree. But if you cant accept that one fight between two people is not akin to - 'full on punch ups, grown blokes leathering the fcuk out of each other, blood everywhere etc' - your excuses and exaggerations will just keep on rolling. Your own evidence has caught you out and now the get out clause is 'the blokes at work....'

Obvs nothing personal in all of this, a healthy debate, would happily buy you a pint when we are next in Europe!

@grobyfox1990

To be honest, you can put the laughing emoji on my post, but your blind defence of the fans whilst knowing hardly more than anyone else and constant shutting down of anyone here that might suggest you are exaggerating your version of accounts, which is the exact thing you accuse everyone else of, its completely tedious and has no credibility.

Hopefully this thread will be closed anyway now, theres no need to discuss the final further.

• Haha 1