Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

50 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

😂😂😂

Wow

Live in your own fanciful world if you wish. The blokes at work. He’s not going to give me another blow by blow account on what happened when he told me over the phone a couple of hours before. 

I’ll bow out of this now. Clearly you won’t accept any other variation as to what you saw. I’m glad you can be the FT spokesperson for 70k fans on what did and didn’t happen 

Tbf, he's only one of us who was actually there like...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

@grobyfox1990

To be honest, you can put the laughing emoji on my post, but your blind defence of the fans whilst knowing hardly more than anyone else and constant shutting down of anyone here that might suggest you are exaggerating your version of accounts, which is the exact thing you accuse everyone else of, its completely tedious and has no credibility.

Hopefully this thread will be closed anyway now, theres no need to discuss the final further.

And you can have another laughing one for the above post. Seriously, what are you saying? If anyone can prove i'm exaggerating any of my eye witness accounts from above posts, please let me know? Likewise, where have i shut down anyone? Or have i simply asked for further explanation, ergo, what a forum is meant for.... The poster above exaggerated his second hand version of events, and then when asked, proved the exaggeration himself, and is still unable to admit it.

To say that i know 'hardly more than anyone else' is simply laughable, i was there throughout the whole event. I've been contacted by Liverpool FC to provide a version of events to build their investigation. Has anyone else on here? 

Given you and many others on here who've viewed a few twitter posts seem to have a hard time dealing with anything anti-french, It will be very interesting to see whether you the guts to admit you are wrong if the inquiry lays blame on the French authorities. My guess is a resounding no. I will be very happy to admit i am wrong, i despise the French and don't care about LFC, it does not bother me. Outright lies, arrogance and incoherence from people like yourself do though.

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 1

Well some Leicester fans did go to the equivalent of the Mall in Madrid, start hurling booze around, singing political charged songs and being anti social. 

Thankfully this last European tour has been well away from that. 

He’s also bullshitting cos he’s a Liverpool fan. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well some Leicester fans did go to the equivalent of the Mall in Madrid, start hurling booze around, singing political charged songs and being anti social. 

Thankfully this last European tour has been well away from that. 

He’s also bullshitting cos he’s a Liverpool fan. 

Saw the police smashing up bars. Then there was the stories of fans including children being assaulted by the police resulting in hospital stays.

Did also see some beer being thrown by fans.

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mate if you are making light of hillsborough you’ve got serious issues. 97 people needlessly lost their lives. I would assume someone who’s consistently banged on about people wearing masks wouldn’t do make light of this 

I’m not making light of anything. Hillsborough was an absolute tragedy but read the report. If there weren’t thousands of Liverpool fans outside the Leppings Lane End without tickets (it was an all ticket match) who tried to get in when the gates were opened, the tragedy might (possibly) never have happened. 
I don’t condone what the French gendarmes did last weekend but again (according to reports) there were lots and lots of Liverpool fans outside the ground either without tickets or with false tickets.

It’s dangerous to play the victim card too often.

I also don’t appreciate the accusation of ‘making light’ of anything. Not necessary.

• Sad 1

Few points here - I’d be interested to see reports of ticketless Liverpool fans outside the ground because I haven’t seen any from a reputable source. What’s been interesting is some very traditional right wing newspapers and the French media defending Liverpool for starters. 

The stories continue from Madrid of how poorly organised it was outside the ground with gangs of youths attacking people. Numerous people on this thread seem to be avoid the multiple bits of videos and first hand accounts in this regard. 

Stade de France are saying that region of fake tickets used or attempted was 2,800. Quite a difference between the claim of the French government. Macron with his new presidency is keen not make this a major domestic issue of youths causing trouble with a rugby World Cup and Olympics coming up. So they just keep throwing the fake news rubbish hoping it catches. Appears it has with some in the UK…apparently less so in France. 

Hillsborough had the same issues in 1981, 87 and 88 at that end. You’ve picked the wrong tragedy there if you want to do the ‘victim’ stuff. 

As for Clough, superb football manager, very questionable bloke. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I can't believe after all the evidence people still think Liverpool fans played a part in the deaths.  After the fans were cleared of wrong doing people still believe nonsense and post videos of Brian clough to prove their point.

Baffling.

Claiming to have read the report and then say it was in part caused by ticketless fans suggests Col has never read the report 

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I think you are all good lads and lasses, all with opinions, and disagree as may, all being largely civil and good natured.

All good, life's rich pageant and all that.

Next home game I'm buying @grobyfox1990 and @YearOfTheFox a pint. Up for it lads? Plenty of stories to share that's for sure!

35 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I think you are all good lads and lasses, all with opinions, and disagree as may, all being largely civil and good natured.

All good, life's rich pageant and all that.

Next home game I'm buying @grobyfox1990 and @YearOfTheFox a pint. Up for it lads? Plenty of stories to share that's for sure!

Absolutely. But make it an away game. I very rarely drink at home games. Second round on me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Claiming to have read the report and then say it was in part caused by ticketless fans suggests Col has never read the report 

I don’t think the actual number of ticketless fans was ever fully ascertained was it? But there were many. That was definitely acknowledged. 
What we do know is that 30 years ago football was very different to today. The so-called big clubs supporters knew that if enough turned up, they’d be squeezed in. And It was an era littered with football hooliganism both at grounds and away from grounds. I was brought up in football during this time and remember seats being ripped out of the away end at Filbert Street, cars being trashed and set alight around the ground, coins being sharpened and hurled between sets of fans, shops being trashed and looted. Etc. I think this was the same time that Leicester had the Baby Squad? I wasn’t in it myself but knew some lads who were. Football violence was organized. That’s beyond doubt.
We also know that possibly the single biggest disastrous decision in the Hillsborough tragedy was to open the gates at the Leppings Lane End. I’ve always wondered why was that? Are we assuming that the Liverpool fans, many of whom had arrived late at the ground (not purposely by the way…it wasn’t ‘planned’)  were forming an orderly queue to get through the hopeless turnstiles that were present at the time, at most grounds in fact, but definitely at Hillsborough. The authorities fooked up big time, but they must have felt hugely pressured to have made this disastrous decision. This was based on the terrible layout at Leppings Lane but are we seriously suggesting that the thousands of Liverpool fans were waiting patiently outside to get in? At that time……. No way.

My belief was always that Hillsborough happened due to the immediate events at the ground but that disastrous decisions were taken which possibly reflected the broader impact that football violence was having on society per se.
And Heysel, Hillsborough and now Paris. Liverpool supporters each time. We aren’t talking about Leicester fans, Nottingham Forest fans, Real Madrid fans… Man Utd fans, Chelsea fans… the list goes on. Either the authorities have especially got-it-in for Liverpool fans (possibly), or that they’ve just been ‘unlucky’ (possibly) to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or it could have something to do with Liverpool fans?

I’m only surmising and the truth will out. 

Edited by Col city fan

On 01/06/2022 at 21:22, The Year Of The Fox said:

No words 😂

DD4C8EFA-6DE1-42A3-AED6-7F91CC094B3A.jpeg

What’s wrong with that? Some of them will have been caught up in Hillsborough. And then some of them got their heads kicked in by the Moroccan gangs outside the match.

On 03/06/2022 at 20:41, grobyfox1990 said:

So we are finally accepting Real fans had problems getting in. All those viewing a few Twitter videos at home steadfastly claiming they had no problems getting, please report below 

You got a link to that? I thought the statement might say it, but that was just talking about how their fans were targetted by gangs.

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You got a link to that? I thought the statement might say it, but that was just talking about how their fans were targetted by gangs.

Actually yeh good point, the quote I saw was the below and I assumed that also meant difficulties getting into the ground, but could be the gang trouble 

571CF9FE-5D29-4FB8-8932-F2188EA7DDDF.jpeg