Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

Proper shithouse win from Real, but at the end of the day the result is what counts.

As for all the other discussion, it seems that the ticketing thing was a proper fiasco. And if we're talking about past indiscretions and how they affect supporting a football club, perhaps it might be a good time to consider how for the longest time Real had its roots in proper Francoist fascism.

17 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Exactly true. You somehow think your info is reliable and you've formed a clearly false opinion. But you still think your info is 'reliable' - this is exactly how xenophobia begins.

So has no one else been an 'utter disgrace' in Newcastle before? I've been there 9 times and each time the city has been awash of puddles of sick, piss, sh1t and fighting from stag and hen groups. Much worse than anywhere else in the UK ive consistently travlled to. Why are you singling out football fans?

I called you a Geordie because i got that apparent reliable fact from how you posted about Liverpool fans in Newcastle suggesting you live/are from there. Apologies if this is not correct. Main point being, you do not have a clue what you are talking, especially re Madrid fans. Be big enough to admit that.

But, you’ve done exactly that too. I assume you were in Paris, saw what happened and formulated a conclusion that Liverpool were completely innocent. I guess that using this logic, reliable media outlets which saw / heard other aspects of the incident must be completely invalidated then. You weren’t witnessing every moment stood in one place.

In answer to your second question, no they haven’t, they fought between themselves, stole things and behaved like animals. No club were even comparable. I am singling out football fans as one as it is the best metric to support my point. Secondly, what you have said is absolutely not true. Not sure which part of Newcastle you’ve been in, but I have never seen anything even remotely comparable to what you’re claiming. 

I think what is clear is that all parties should take some blame. Was it poorly coordinated? Yes, evidently. Should the police have used such brutality on vulnerable fans? No. Should Liverpool fans share some blame for printing fake tickets and glorifying jibbing through flags and social media? Yes, absolutely. 

I am sorry that you and your mate probably had what was a great occasion tarnished. However, please do not invalidate my opinion on the basis that I wasn’t there - it really is quite one dimensional to void alternative information. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

And my point throughout this thread is encapsulated by your one word. Selective. You have no idea what went on, so don’t comment, much less throw blame! The post from the Geordie above which I quoted shows how easy it is to brainwash people ‘Madrid got in absolutely fine’ !! He’s watched all this on tv, where on earth has he made up that ridiculous opinion from. 

You seem to misunderstand. I commented on the TV coverage and annoyance at the BBC bias. 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

You really wouldn't want to be at a CL final as a neutral, if you had the opportunity? I'd love to! 

Not if it involved Liverpool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

But, you’ve done exactly that too. I assume you were in Paris, saw what happened and formulated a conclusion that Liverpool were completely innocent. I guess that using this logic, reliable media outlets which saw / heard other aspects of the incident must be completely invalidated then. You weren’t witnessing every moment stood in one place.

In answer to your second question, no they haven’t, they fought between themselves, stole things and behaved like animals. No club were even comparable. I am singling out football fans as one as it is the best metric to support my point. Secondly, what you have said is absolutely not true. Not sure which part of Newcastle you’ve been in, but I have never seen anything even remotely comparable to what you’re claiming. 

I think what is clear is that all parties should take some blame. Was it poorly coordinated? Yes, evidently. Should the police have used such brutality on vulnerable fans? No. Should Liverpool fans share some blame for printing fake tickets and glorifying jibbing through flags and social media? Yes, absolutely. 

I am sorry that you and your mate probably had what was a great occasion tarnished. However, please do not invalidate my opinion on the basis that I wasn’t there - it really is quite one dimensional to void alternative information. 

Once again where have you made that up from lol. Nowhere have I said Liverpool are blameless. I didn’t witness every moment but I was on the scene for over 2 hours, which makes my counter to what you’re saying much more reliable and carries more weight, given you weren’t, that’s why eye witness accounts are used. 

Then you’re saying my further eye witness accounts of weekends spent in Newcastle are untrue. I’m sure a quick google search of ‘stag in Newcastle’ or some such will back this up. So are things only true if they suit your opinion? Furthermore, have you observed every football club coming to Newcastle and can say they’ve not behaved the same? Do you regularly go to lcfc matches? Away? In Europe this season? Your posts sound like the classic ‘all football fans are to blame for all the trouble’ from non matchgoing fans 

We had a great time, the French didn’t ruin a bucket list day for me. But your opinion, and I’ll repeat it again ‘Madrid fans had no trouble getting in’ is invalidated, because you are wrong. Find the minerals to admit that. It’s nothing to do with voiding your opinion. You are wrong. 

I’ve also recalled at Rennes away, the group in front of me rushed through the gate at the end of the game during the holdback and we all streamed through. I wonder what all the posters blaming Liverpool fans would’ve said if French cops then pepper sprayed, tear gassed and baton charged us all indiscriminately. Because that would’ve been far more justifiable than their actions yday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Once again where have you made that up from lol. Nowhere have I said Liverpool are blameless. I didn’t witness every moment but I was on the scene for over 2 hours, which makes my counter to what you’re saying much more reliable and carries more weight, given you weren’t, that’s why eye witness accounts are used. 

Then you’re saying my further eye witness accounts of weekends spent in Newcastle are untrue. I’m sure a quick google search of ‘stag in Newcastle’ or some such will back this up. So are things only true if they suit your opinion? Furthermore, have you observed every football club coming to Newcastle and can say they’ve not behaved the same? Do you regularly go to lcfc matches? Away? In Europe this season? Your posts sound like the classic ‘all football fans are to blame for all the trouble’ from non matchgoing fans 

We had a great time, the French didn’t ruin a bucket list day for me. But your opinion, and I’ll repeat it again ‘Madrid fans had no trouble getting in’ is invalidated, because you are wrong. Find the minerals to admit that. It’s nothing to do with voiding your opinion. You are wrong. 

Well, my initial point was that Liverpool should take some blame. Regardless as to whether they were under different scenarios, the point still stands: Real Madrid fans got in fine. So it’s not an invalidated point. You clearly have some superiority complex to other views because you were there. 

In relation to your second point, you talk about the use of fake news and the media to present a fake imagine and then use it to support your argument? Right. 

The answer is basically a resounding yes to every other question. I have observed many clubs and again, Liverpool were by far the worst - this was also a resounding opinion amongst other people too. I do follow Leicester home/away and have done for many years, you really think that a hardcore fan wouldn’t know better than to tarnish all supporters with the same brush? Behave.

My opinion is that all parties have to be held accountable for what happened. This is my fundamental view, yet you keep going back to one small comment that I made.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

15 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Well, my initial point was that Liverpool should take some blame. Regardless as to whether they were under different scenarios, the point still stands: Real Madrid fans got in fine. So it’s not an invalidated point. You clearly have some superiority complex to other views because you were there. 

In relation to your second point, you talk about the use of fake news and the media to present a fake imagine and then use it to support your argument? Right. 

The answer is basically a resounding yes to every other question. I have observed many clubs and again, Liverpool were by far the worst - this was also a resounding opinion amongst other people too. I do follow Leicester home/away and have done for many years, you really think that a hardcore fan wouldn’t know better than to tarnish all supporters with the same brush? Behave.

My opinion is that all parties have to be held accountable for what happened. This is my fundamental view, yet you keep going back to one small comment that I made.

We’re clearly going round in circles and can agree to disagree but what you paint as your initial point didn’t come across like that. It read like an anti Liverpool rant, similar, but nowhere near as bad, as the truly revolting post referencing South Yorkshire police further up. ‘All parties can take some blame’ is fair, but read your first post and objectively think if that’s what you meant. 99 out of 100 will say no. It’s ok to admit you’ve changed your opinion, this is an anonymous Internet forum 

however it’s still unbelievable that you are trying to assert that sitting at home scouring Twitter videos is comparable to actually being there. For further clarity, Real Madrid fans DID NOT get in fine. We walked through their entire end to get to our gate and it was very aggressive with multiple flashpoints. Again, you don’t have to admit you are wrong out loud, or you can convince yourself I didn’t really see it. But I assure you, you are wrong. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Christ chaps. Just stop replying to each other and let it go. 

Why? It’s a forum, it’s healthy debate, not being insulting or personal. All good. Plus I’ve literally spent an entire day in circuitous queues on my own on transport modes in Paris - and I lost my kindle in Albania on Thursday. I’ve got nothing else to do 

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

@grobyfox1990 How was it after the game? Some of the stories sound absolute horrific with gangs attacking and mugging people 

Annoyingly I had to leave at ft, wanted to see Madrid lift the trophy but my Liverpool fan friend was having none of it and I felt safer sticking with him as a French speaker. Saw a few French kids trying it on with fans but nothing crazy. A lot of French kids were gathered at the top of the gangway out of the ground spitting at Liverpool fans below, all ably watched on by the smiling police. The 1.5-2 hour walk in was done in 13 mins on the way out as there were no cops hindering us. 

You've got to feel sorry for the Liverpool fans that were innocent in all this but once again it appears that a significant number of fans turned up with fake tickets and once again the blame game begins. If the reason really is thousands of fans turning up with fake tickets, they should be held accountable, but they won't, it'll all be swept under the carpet and be someone elses fault. Surely you know if you've bought and tried to get in with a fake ticket.

• Like 1

I know its unpopular but I just think its too easy to blame the police.

If a mob of fake ticketed idiots turns up theyll do something, most likely authoritarian, to try and sort it out.

Why would you assume everyones going to go to a fan park? Whats stopping fake ticketed idiots decending en masse to the turnstiles and avoiding all checkpoints anyway??

No doubt genuine fans have been caught up in the melee but as long as fans are willing to try and storm into matches, the police will be willing to sort it out.

There has been previous for this kind of incident.

Might be a good time for Florentino Perez to retire from being RM president? Although who would be willing to put up 60 million euros (or whatever it is now) to have the chance to be the scapegoat, now that RM can no longer compete with the petro-currency clubs. 

22 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Might be a good time for Florentino Perez to retire from being RM president? Although who would be willing to put up 60 million euros (or whatever it is now) to have the chance to be the scapegoat, now that RM can no longer compete with the petro-currency clubs. 

What are you on about they just won the European cup 

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What are you on about they just won the European cup 

Go out at the top - RM will no longer be able to sign the top players, the MBappes and the Haalands. There's a new elite going to take over at the top, the likes of Man City, PSG, Newcastle etc. Perez has had a long run, but times are changing. I doubt RM will be winning any more Champoions League titles anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Go out at the top - RM will no longer be able to sign the top players, the MBappes and the Haalands. There's a new elite going to take over at the top, the likes of Man City, PSG, Newcastle etc. Perez has had a long run, but times are changing. I doubt RM will be winning any more Champoions League titles anytime soon.

Madrid will continue they've got quite a good crop of young players up, they will always be able to attract those stars because of who they are. Mbappe got turned because he basically got given the Messi deal which Madrid I don't think would even give Ronaldo. With mbappe only on a 3 year and haaland with a 120 release clause, one of them will eventually end up there

I suppose it depends if you believe if the French coppers are speaking shit or not. For me they are using a trope to blame Liverpool supporters, when in reality they couldn’t control the young gangs around the ground and went into lockdown mode. 

Some of the stories from supporters after the game as well sound horrific getting attacked and slashed.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2