Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

Whatever the case, major tournaments need to make their stadiums far more of a fortress than they already are. Jibbing in fans are clearly having a negative impact on getting into stadiums, and it now appears to be some form of trophy and achievement people want to try.

Better, stronger and more security, layers of checkpoints starting hundreds and hundreds of yards away will probably come in as well. It's not fair on fans with tickets, I don't think that's up for debate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Scouse exceptionalism gets on my wick as much as the next man but there's some deliberate ignorance of the facts - let alone actual eyewitness testimony from someone without a dog in the fight - going on in this thread.

It's poor form really when the reality is we're a fanbase that has also received poor treatment from foreign authorities.

Weren’t we blamed for that? Rather than the Spanish police. That’s how I recall it

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Weren’t we blamed for that? Rather than the Spanish police. That’s how I recall it

Yep. Not brilliant, is it? Shows what a difference having actual journalists in among it made yesterday. Whichever fanbase they're embedded with, it makes a huge difference to how it's reported.

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I think we need a victory parade for this thread. Far more entertaining than the game.

Okay UEFA  do the right thing and overturn the result.

Once the Scouse Government  get involved it will be a Liverpool win yesterday....let it gain momentum.....We should hold a minutes silence to the scousers with fake tickets who weren't let into the ground...dont the stewards know who they are..THEY ARE LIVERPOOL..

2 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I think we need a victory parade for this thread. Far more entertaining than the game.

Speaking of their victory parade, I think it's in pretty poor taste for them to hold it on the anniversary of Heysel. 

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Speaking of their victory parade, I think it's in pretty poor taste for them to hold it on the anniversary of Heysel. 

That will be the local Councils fault, not liverpool FC's!!!

47 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The English press are all saying its a shambles caused by the organisers. But I've not seen anywhere near the same issues reported I'm the Madrid end and you could see it was far more orderly in their end?

It's not just isolated to Liverpool but English football has a massive drug problem and jibbing is becoming common place. Haven't seen it as much elsewhere so could be wrong but Madrid looked fine.

Again, not true. I was in the neutral section so walked all the way round the Madrid end to get to my seat. We saw 15/20 Madrid smash through a barrier to get in, Madrid fan punched a cop, one threw his beer on a cop. In our section 5/6 Madrid fans on the stairs who got in with fake tickets. All jostling/shoving/pushing at their gates to get in. Their fanzone was next to the stadium and they got waved in. The entrance to the ground was the Liverpool fanzone where we were all day (30 min tube away) was subject to multiple ‘checks’ 

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

BBC 5Live dedicating the programme to the poor Liverpool fans. Its as if they are the only fans to have had a problem in a Euro match, ever. They conveniently ignored the batoning of Leicester fans sitting quietly in Madrid bars in 2017.

Apparently Liverpool fans climbing fences was because they were scared of the situation they were in :crylaugh:No other fans have these excuses made up for them. They are untouchable on the BBC.

Did Liverpool lose the match on the pitch or was it all the fault of the police? 

Again, total rubbish. I scaled the fence because I was scared of what may happen next as the crush intensified. I’m probably on one of these videos. A kid next to me was getting wiped out and, along with his dad, could barely get him over. Id like to see how you would handle the situation if you were there. I had a real match ticket 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The fan zone has a lot to do with if you don’t set up check point ticket checks, have information regards timing and a well protected/managed route to the ground. 

You have thousands of legitimate ticket holders being funnelled through small physical pinch points which slows down the crowds. That’s poor crowd management from the very start. Why didn’t the stadium last night run the same checks it does for other games (speaking to my boss who goes regularly with Wales Rugby)

Also what Liverpool did travelling in those numbers is no different to what Feyenoord, Rangers and Frankfurt have done in recent weeks (the latter doing it repeatedly over the last few weeks). 

Where were the issues in those games then?

17 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Again, total rubbish. I scaled the fence because I was scared of what may happen next as the crush intensified. I’m probably on one of these videos. A kid next to me was getting wiped out and, along with his dad, could barely get him over. Id like to see how you would handle the situation if you were there. I had a real match ticket 

Its not totally the fans fault and its not totally the polices fault but if a minority of idiots forge tickets and jib this is what happens. The scale of the issue far worse on the Liverpool side and there's no excuse for that other than a load of dickheads forging tickets. Happened with us at psv and Rome but luckily we got away with it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Where were the issues in those games then?

Sevilla as a city was set up better for ticketless fans as they set up events with big screens including one of these being setting up in a stadium holding 30k, that helps when it comes to hosting ticketless fans. 

Both Frankfurt and Rangers fans were dealt with heavy handed outside the ground. Numerous belongings taken off them and then when getting in the ground, there was no available water. Stories of fans pulling apart sprinkler pipe work to get a drink in 33 degree heat. 

Frankfurt throughout their run have been notorious for taking over cities with thousands of ticketless fans. In recent memory this included them overpowering Arsenals security staff and getting hundreds into the Emirates without ticket. 

Again in Tirana, they made the sensible decision to set up a big screen in the Feyenoord fan area to give an expected 4k ticketless supporters an area to mill. Well documented the trouble in the city the night before with over 100 arrests and deportations across the two sets of fans. 

To make the very simplistic argument that some fault lies at Klopp telling Liverpool to travel to Paris is nonsense tribal football whataboutery. 

There is always for an European Cup final going to be jibbers. There is always going to be ticketless fans. There is always going to be thousands upon thousands. Plan, organise and police it better (Rome did this largely brilliantly in the circumstance at the start of the month for our visit). Cities and stadiums can’t lap up the boost to the economy by hosting but then not be willing to organise themselves properly. 

For some unknown reason the operation last night at Stade de France completely went away from their normal plan and it just fell into chaos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Are scousers playing the victims AGAIN????

NEVER their fault is it.

Thanks you Ancelloti

Thank you REAL kings of Europe.

Football was saved yesterday!

Liverpool the greatest team of the season win the FA cup and Carabao cup on penalties.... w@nkers

Probably the first club ever to play 330 minutes of cup final football in one season without scoring a single goal! 

• Like 1

This is some of the stuff I’m getting at an organisational level. Creating obscene bottlenecks with physical barriers 

Also credible sources saying that the fake tickets was predominantly local gangs from Saint Denis 

Anyway I’ve said my piece 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sevilla as a city was set up better for ticketless fans as they set up events with big screens including one of these being setting up in a stadium holding 30k, that helps when it comes to hosting ticketless fans. 

Both Frankfurt and Rangers fans were dealt with heavy handed outside the ground. Numerous belongings taken off them and then when getting in the ground, there was no available water. Stories of fans pulling apart sprinkler pipe work to get a drink in 33 degree heat. 

Frankfurt throughout their run have been notorious for taking over cities with thousands of ticketless fans. In recent memory this included them overpowering Arsenals security staff and getting hundreds into the Emirates without ticket. 

Again in Tirana, they made the sensible decision to set up a big screen in the Feyenoord fan area to give an expected 4k ticketless supporters an area to mill. Well documented the trouble in the city the night before with over 100 arrests and deportations across the two sets of fans. 

To make the very simplistic argument that some fault lies at Klopp telling Liverpool to travel to Paris is nonsense tribal football whataboutery. 

There is always for an European Cup final going to be jibbers. There is always going to be ticketless fans. There is always going to be thousands upon thousands. Plan, organise and police it better (Rome did this largely brilliantly in the circumstance at the start of the month for our visit). Cities and stadiums can’t lap up the boost to the economy by hosting but then not be willing to organise themselves properly. 

For some unknown reason the operation last night at Stade de France completely went away from their normal plan and it just fell into chaos. 

I dont want to attach blame on what caused the problems. I just want to say I'm not sure why so many people want to travel to another city without a ticket or prospect of getting one. Not directing criticism at any particular club. I get the collective tribal thing but could they not watch in their own locale.  This taking over city centres well before the match is probably not welcome by local people or the authorities. Not excusing any mistreatment of decent fans just trying to queue up.

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This is some of the stuff I’m getting at an organisational level. Creating obscene bottlenecks with physical barriers 

Also credible sources saying that the fake tickets was predominantly local gangs from Saint Denis 

Anyway I’ve said my piece 

Local gangs are the Paris supporters group of Liverppol FC.

Tgey have "fans" all over the galaxy you know...