Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing the full details coming out over the coming days/weeks. 

The policing looked to be heavy handed in its response, but some of the details coming out from the French which suggest there were 10k-20k Liverpool fans headed to the stadium without genuine match tickets would be the key contributor and people need to be held to account where possible for creating a dangerous situation. 

I’ll withhold my final judgement until more details are available but it looks like “a few” chanced their arm on fraudulently getting into the stadium, and those are the ones who should be held to account by the club and authorities too.

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing the full details coming out over the coming days/weeks. 

The policing looked to be heavy handed in its response, but some of the details coming out from the French which suggest there were 10k-20k Liverpool fans headed to the stadium without genuine match tickets would be the key contributor and people need to be held to account where possible for creating a dangerous situation. 

I’ll withhold my final judgement until more details are available but it looks like “a few” chanced their arm on fraudulently getting into the stadium, and those are the ones who should be held to account by the club and authorities too.

Klopp didn't help the situation, there was bound to be large numbers trying it on. There were roughly 60000 fans there and they only had 20000 tickets allocated to them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10789729/Klopp-tells-Liverpool-fans-Paris-Champions-League-final-regardless-having-ticket.html

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Klopp didn't help the situation, there was bound to be large numbers trying it on. There were roughly 60000 fans there and they only had 20000 tickets allocated to them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10789729/Klopp-tells-Liverpool-fans-Paris-Champions-League-final-regardless-having-ticket.html

He can be a gobshite but to be fair to Klopp I think encouraging people to go Paris is fair game. There would have been thousands of us in bars in Tirana watching the Conference League final if we were there. He's not telling people to go to the stadium ticketless.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Nalis said:

He can be a gobshite but to be fair to Klopp I think encouraging people to go Paris is fair game. There would have been thousands of us in bars in Tirana watching the Conference League final if we were there. He's not telling people to go to the stadium ticketless.

Exactly this, and if what the French authorities have said is true, I.e, 10k-20k Liverpool fans travelled to the stadium without a legitimate ticket then the root cause of the issues caused sit with those supporters.

I’ve seen several posts on social media of Liverpool fans blagging their way in, hard to have too much sympathy with them if that’s the case, but let’s see what’s recognised as the key contributors for the issues 👀 

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Exactly this, and if what the French authorities have said is true, I.e, 10k-20k Liverpool fans travelled to the stadium without a legitimate ticket then the root cause of the issues caused sit with those supporters.

I’ve seen several posts on social media of Liverpool fans blagging their way in, hard to have too much sympathy with them if that’s the case, but let’s see what’s recognised as the key contributors for the issues 👀 

We'll probably find there were fans turning up late and without tickets as usual but we won't here from them so it will just be those innocent ones caught up in it all that will complain about their treatment and behaviour of the local

police.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

We'll probably find there were fans turning up late and without tickets as usual but we won't here from them so it will just be those innocent ones caught up in it all that will complain about their treatment and behaviour of the local

police.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle

Lots of Liverpool fans congregating outside a stadium when they don’t have a ticket. 
Where have we heard that before?

🤔

I mean just think about what you’re all saying for a moment. Top estimates are 60k Liverpool fans were in Paris. Their allocation was 20k. The neutral areas, where I was, were dominated with red. And our tickets were via the uefa app, so you can’t scam that. There is no way in hell anywhere near 10k tried to get in the Liverpool end without tickets, the one cranky RER line that took them all there wouldn’t have coped with it. Despite the 3 posts you’ve seen on Twitter showing Liverpool fans blagging their way in 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I mean just think about what you’re all saying for a moment. Top estimates are 60k Liverpool fans were in Paris. Their allocation was 20k. The neutral areas, where I was, were dominated with red. And our tickets were via the uefa app, so you can’t scam that. There is no way in hell anywhere near 10k tried to get in the Liverpool end without tickets, the one cranky RER line that took them all there wouldn’t have coped with it. Despite the 3 posts you’ve seen on Twitter showing Liverpool fans blagging their way in 

Bingo. Doesn’t make sense. They’ve double down and changed their story on four occasions. 

The French govt are an utter joke and trying to politically avoid this becoming a domestic problem. Rugby World Cup and Olympics coming. I must have imagined some of the disorder in French football this last season including probably the worst scenes all season in Saint Etienne last night 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Lots of Liverpool fans congregating outside a stadium when they don’t have a ticket. 

🤔

What examples are you getting at precisely? It seems to be a lot like to elude to something without actually saying it. 

If you mean either of the occasions in the 80s, then it was fairly common practice of all football supporters to turn up and pay on the day

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

An interesting point, can't really argue against it

I actually don't get the outrage over this, it wasn't really relevant to want they were presenting and as we've seen after the event the narrative on what actually happened has changed with more information becoming available, I actually respect the fact they didn't just speculate and potentially put out a false narrative 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I actually don't get the outrage over this, it wasn't really relevant to want they were presenting and as we've seen after the event the narrative on what actually happened has changed with more information becoming available, I actually respect the fact they didn't just speculate and potentially put out a false narrative 

Largely not helped by having no control of the cameras available to them. 

49 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

An interesting point, can't really argue against it

BT's coverage was shocking as always, I can understand they had to fill a 45 minute slot while the delay was on going but I do think if this had been on Sky or ITV, it would have been handled better. It was 45 minutes of waffle of how great Liverpool fans are! Ever since BT turned up on the scene televising live sport, they have really made televising football unwatchable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

BT's coverage was shocking as always, I can understand they had to fill a 45 minute slot while the delay was on going but I do think if this had been on Sky or ITV, it would have been handled better. It was 45 minutes of waffle of how great Liverpool fans are! Ever since BT turned up on the scene televising live sport, they have really made televising football unwatchable. 

Bit OTT. 

It wasn't that bad. 

They haven't made football unwatchable either lol

French authorities criticising Liverpool fans whilst making no comment on what happened at Saint Etienne amongst others. Righto. I suspect there an element of anglophobia which is ironic considering Liverpool fans don't think they're english! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

🤔

Mate if you are making light of hillsborough you’ve got serious issues. 97 people needlessly lost their lives. I would assume someone who’s consistently banged on about people wearing masks wouldn’t do make light of this 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mate if you are making light of hillsborough you’ve got serious issues. 97 people needlessly lost their lives. I would assume someone who’s consistently banged on about people wearing masks wouldn’t do make light of this 

Can’t he point out the elephant in the room? He doesn’t work for the BBC who skirt round it conveniently 

And it might be that the French polices actions prevented another Hillsborough type tragedy? 

What if they’d just ‘opened the gates’? 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

🤔

Liverpool fans can be biggest whinges going at times but thats a bit of a cheap comment there Col.

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I suspect there an element of anglophobia which is ironic considering Liverpool fans don't think they're english! 

Clearly Liverpool fans didn't have enough big banners saying:

"Nous sommes Scousers, pas d'Anglais!   Et aussi, nous detestons la famile royale.  Et aussi Prince William"

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Can’t he point out the elephant in the room? He doesn’t work for the BBC who skirt round it conveniently 

And it might be that the French polices actions prevented another Hillsborough type tragedy? 

What if they’d just ‘opened the gates’? 

It’s not the elephant in the room. The crush happened outside the gate in a pre-meditated move. What would’ve happened if they’d opened the gates? Fans would’ve streamed from a narrow and full gantry into an empty airport hanger sized area. Hence people scaled the fences to avoid injury. 

And for that bloke who’s consistently bleated on about covid to be making light of the death of fellow football fans is incredulous. I’m alright jack, selfish attitude summed up.

it’s ok to say ‘I hate scousers so much I’ll take the side of the French’ (who by the way hate you much more than the scousers do). But these ridiculous assertions show a complete lack of thought.