Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

35 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’m getting the 7.30 from Luton to Paris on the Thursday morning and then it looks like about a 2 hour train journey from there. Should get to Rennes about 1-2ish 

I am booked onto the 12:15 from Paris Montparnasse (getting to Rennes just before 14:00). However, I even think that is tight as the airport is an hour away from Montparnasse and there is walking to/from station, passport control etc. Hopefully no delays. The next train is 12:59 or something, getting into Rennes 14:25

Guest David Oldfields Gate
5 minutes ago, SchmalleyBoots said:

Where are people thinking for drinks on the Wednesday night?

Amazingly there are at least 8 Irish bars in Rennes. Although anything seems to pass for one these days. There is one called Fox & Friends, probably seems rude not to adopt that one for starters.

27 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Amazingly there are at least 8 Irish bars in Rennes. Although anything seems to pass for one these days. There is one called Fox & Friends, probably seems rude not to adopt that one for starters.

And it's St Patrick's Day on Thursday. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Got a taxi for £50 e/w from Hinckley with two of us in if you wanna drive to mine and leave your car for a 4:30 taxi pick up?

I'm going solo from Hinckley and happy to contribute if you end up with space. Cheers   

3 hours ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Anyone know if this is sold out? Looking to get tickets but looks to have beff Ed n taken down from website.

I'd ring the club, they may let you purchase one over the phone, just say you didn't realise they were being taken down etc. Worth a go if you're serious about wanting to go.

• Thanks 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
3 minutes ago, JMenzfeld said:

Remember reading on here that they don’t let away fans into the city centre. I wouldn’t expect to find many City fans in the main square.

This place looks nice and clearly welcomes the British!allo-allo-1-e1519721307338.thumb.jpg.62cad1b0249d82a6a5349e2bd74b92b0.jpg

2 hours ago, SchmalleyBoots said:

Where are people thinking for drinks on the Wednesday night?

1 hour ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Got to be Fox and Friends! Look to be a reasonable number of decent places. Delirium have two bars as well if you want to end up blasted enough to not remember a second of being in France.

Know a guy who I suspect is the world's only Rennes and Leicester fan (he lives round the corner from their ground) so will seek out some recommendations from him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Got to be Fox and Friends! Look to be a reasonable number of decent places. Delirium have two bars as well if you want to end up blasted enough to not remember a second of being in France.

Know a guy who I suspect is the world's only Rennes and Leicester fan (he lives round the corner from their ground) so will seek out some recommendations from him.

Oh, hello 

489FFDC2-0B7D-4127-9AD8-1A17E76CC1D2.jpeg

• Haha 1

I'm also on the sports options trip. Driving from Coalville, got carpark booked at bham airport from half 5 if anybody needs a lift?

Also wondering what to put in the 'done in' part on the sworn statement? Was thinking 'black ink' 🤔

There’s literally a street in Rennes, Rue Saint Michel, nicknamed Thirsty Street with tons of bars. Apparently it’s France’s drinking capital. 

We are spending our first night in Nantes. Can’t be arsed getting into Rennes between 8 and 9. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JMenzfeld said:

Remember reading on here that they don’t let away fans into the city centre. I wouldn’t expect to find many City fans in the main square.

That was a police order to be fair. Who knows if they will do the same next week - the area they asked Spurs fans to drink still had plenty of bars