Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

2 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Anyone got any tips for airport parking? I’m going from Manchester but flying solo and it’ll cost me about £70 for parking. Would it be applicable to think I can park nearby in altrincham somewhere and just get an Uber to the airport?

I've used the justpark app frequently for airport parking. Basically parking on somebody's drive, kinda an Airbnb but for driveways. Convenient and legit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Anyone got any tips for airport parking? I’m going from Manchester but flying solo and it’ll cost me about £70 for parking. Would it be applicable to think I can park nearby in altrincham somewhere and just get an Uber to the airport?

Going up on the train no hassle 

48 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

I know someone working out of Manchester airport at the minute and they told me the Hilton hotel about half a mile away constantly has the barrier up. Not sure if you want to risk it.

10 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Not much hotel accommodation in Rennes left near the city centre, still Air BBS though.

I've decided to Eurostar it. Anyone else on the 14.31 out of London on the Wednesday?

Buzzing for this now, should be a cracker unless we get gubbed tomorrow.

Yes decided travelling on the Wednesday was best option in case.of any delays etc. We are staying near the Ground.

My friend is working down south early part of next week, he is taking the Wednesday overnight ferry from portsmouth to st malo for £44 one way as a foot passenger. A 2 bed cabin costs £40 Then a bus from St malo to rennes which takes 55 mins and £14. 

Was all for going with him but no ferries back on Friday and wouldn't want to hang around rennes til Saturday.

9 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

I parked at a business on aviator way for Randers. It cost me £20 and was a 10 minute walk to the terminal 

Here ya go 

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/4294930742

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I've used the justpark app frequently for airport parking. Basically parking on somebody's drive, kinda an Airbnb but for driveways. Convenient and legit.

I've heard of that but never used it.... seems a great idea.

Bugger, just checked and it's literally ½ the price we paid for Stansted car parking for Rennes. 😭😭

Edited by coolcol

15 minutes ago, coolcol said:

I've heard of that but never used it.... seems a great idea.

Bugger, just checked and it's literally ½ the price we paid for Stansted car parking for Rennes. 😭😭

Can you not cancel and get a refund then rebook the other one?

Also, for Stansted, when I went to Randers I parked at Stansted Mountfitchet (free street parking 5 min walk from train station). Then it's an 8 min train journey to the airport at £4 each way (although I didn't pay last time). There is also a bus service that drops near which I used on the way back. First time I tried it and it definitely beat the £70 official car parking charge.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Can you not cancel and get a refund then rebook the other one?

Also, for Stansted, when I went to Randers I parked at Stansted Mountfitchet (free street parking 5 min walk from train station). Then it's an 8 min train journey to the airport at £4 each way (although I didn't pay last time). There is also a bus service that drops near which I used on the way back. First time I tried it and it definitely beat the £70 official car parking charge.

Yes we have free cancellation, so will book Novotel Stansted airport with secure parking for £30 less 😁😁... Happy days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

200 left .....but there'll be plenty of greyed pit that aren't actually sold. 

I'm gonna guess at 700 will be there. Plenty of room. 

I'm on the sport options doo-da. Just hope we are still in game after tonight

I don't think there are too many tickets that were not put back on sale (pretty sure a 100 or so came back in the lower tier that were greyed out from Day 1). So I think we are well over 1,000 sold.

8 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I’m thinking of driving down, if I can get 4 to come with me at £60 each. Includes fuel, eurotunnel, tolls and parking. Leaving Leicester 1am 17th. Should be back 10am 18th.

I have space for 1 in my car . Newhaven to Dieppe ferryon Wed night return Friday at 1715

Hotel and match tickets sorted . Just need to book Ferry

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think there are too many tickets that were not put back on sale (pretty sure a 100 or so came back in the lower tier that were greyed out from Day 1). So I think we are well over 1,000 sold.

Agreed, 200 or so left now including the big batch of greyed out ones that went back on sale at 7.55 this morning. Biggest away European following this season, 1,200 at least.

• Like 1