Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Looking for a local team to support, live near Gypsy lane. Any suggestions.. want a decent standard. Can drive but don’t want to go as far as say Ashby/Coalville for home match. 
Feeling very disillusioned with professional footie.  

Anstey Nomads have a decent little set up, they had a good cup run in the FA Vase last year as well.

Didn't make the Coalville game last night as was working late. Followed it on the bet365 inplay screen though, looked like a thoroughly dominant performance where class won over in the end.

Fair play to Shepshed though, they've made it very difficult and you'd fancy them to have a decent season.

Would not be shocked to see a sellout on the 17th. Can't wait! Two big games vs Hitchin and Ilkeston first though. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Looking for a local team to support, live near Gypsy lane. Any suggestions.. want a decent standard. Can drive but don’t want to go as far as say Ashby/Coalville for home match. 

Aylestone Park might be an option. They’ve chucked money at it from what I’ve read/heard.

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2022 at 11:10, Lestagirl said:

Depends what level you’re looking for, Aylestone Park are doing well at Step 6, and play off Saffron Lane. The issue is inner city clubs aren’t that great, all the higher non-league teams ie Coalville, Barwell, Shepshed and Loughborough are all county teams, so it depends if you’re willing to sacrifice the quality for distance.

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2022 at 11:18, filbertway said:

Anstey Nomads have a decent little set up, they had a good cup run in the FA Vase last year as well.

Didn't make the Coalville game last night as was working late. Followed it on the bet365 inplay screen though, looked like a thoroughly dominant performance where class won over in the end.

Fair play to Shepshed though, they've made it very difficult and you'd fancy them to have a decent season.

Would not be shocked to see a sellout on the 17th. Can't wait! Two big games vs Hitchin and Ilkeston first though. 

Made the game all ticket. Capped at 1500. 1000 for Coalville and 500 for the Macc lads. Not surprising given they get 3000 at home games.

I think this will definitely sell out.

FA Cup Ticket Information - Macclesfield FC (pitchero.com)

• Like 1

On 07/09/2022 at 11:10, Lestagirl said:

I travel from South Wigston to Coalville for home games, and everywhere from Leiston to Stourbridge for away games. I can honestly say choosing to follow the Ravens was the best decision I made in the last 10 years. Phenomenal football club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you,  maybe worth a look at Coalville then, I see they are doing well . It’s actually nearer than I thought so going to the next home fixture that doesn’t clash with City.  (and if things carry on the way they are it won’t matter).

Edited by Lestagirl

13 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Thank you,  maybe worth a look at Coalville then, I see they are doing well . It’s actually nearer than I thought so going to the next home fixture that doesn’t clash with City.  (and if things carry on the way they are it won’t matter).

Mate of mine swears by heading up to Melton Town when City aren't playing. Says they have a good set up now at the old King Edward college.

Thet or I've always enjoyed going quorn when I've been. 

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

The less said about Coalville tonight the better :D

Awful display, Ilkeston fully deserved the win and should of won by a lot more. Coalville have been miles off it since the Tamworth game.

Stevo has got to take some of the blame as well. Too slow in making changes, should of made a couple at half-time.

I keep saying this but we have got to add another centre back to the squad because it’s going to cost us. Weakens us so much when Dean and Putman get put there as we miss them overlapping down the wings when we attack. 

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Awful display, Ilkeston fully deserved the win and should of won by a lot more. Coalville have been miles off it since the Tamworth game.

Stevo has got to take some of the blame as well. Too slow in making changes, should of made a couple at half-time.

That is an improvement, he never used to make any changes last season.