Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J@mes1982

How Many Points to Secure ST from Membership

17 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I might be naive here but are there really any of these?

Well yeh we went up to sold out every week from 22k, and it’ll be back to 22k next season. And the drop in attendance wont be because of 10 seconds of music after a goal, a bit of cardboard on your seat and the possibility of showing ID when you go to an away game. Nothing wrong with that at all, success attracts more people 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

No. They're a myth because the superior fans can't accept that some people genuinely only want a season ticket when we're in the Premier League, and people get wound up about how other people want to spend their own money.

I think imagining people getting wound up is winding you up. I agree, success attracts more bums on seats, failure doesn’t. That’s the meritocratic beauty of life

On 12/05/2023 at 05:25, grobyfox1990 said:

I think imagining people getting wound up is winding you up. I agree, success attracts more bums on seats, failure doesn’t. That’s the meritocratic beauty of life

I was made aware yesterday of somebody who only has a season ticket to watch PL. They’re a supporter of another club and aren’t renewing.

Good riddance.

3 hours ago, TonyT said:

So we saying if/when we go down all members will have a chance for season tickets? Or like 30 points plus? 

Everyone will get one. Might even go to below members. Still think we would sell all ST's and get average attendances of 27-28,000.

The longer we stay there, the more chance of STH's dropping off.

Genuine question 

Is there any chance that these could go to general sale next season? 

My daughter has caught the football bug over the last couple of years and has decided to follow me and support the lads (have explained to her it's probably been the worst season to start being a Leicester fan 🤣

I imagine if ST don't get to this stage tickets would be available pretty much on the day though, used to live in town during the league 1 and championship days and regularly would walk down and get tickets on the door nearly every home game 

11 hours ago, copunk said:

Genuine question 

Is there any chance that these could go to general sale next season? 

My daughter has caught the football bug over the last couple of years and has decided to follow me and support the lads (have explained to her it's probably been the worst season to start being a Leicester fan 🤣

I imagine if ST don't get to this stage tickets would be available pretty much on the day though, used to live in town during the league 1 and championship days and regularly would walk down and get tickets on the door nearly every home game 

I have assumed its based on Championship  football that you would be watching, very good chance you won't need a membership to secure a season ticket. I think renewal retention will be around 70% at a guess, that along with less walk ups because match ticket prices will remain obscene for Championship football and less away support revenue means they will push season tickets hard, it's the membership scheme that will crumble unless they link match ticket discounts to it.

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

I have assumed its based on Championship  football that you would be watching, very good chance you won't need a membership to secure a season ticket. I think renewal retention will be around 70% at a guess, that along with less walk ups because match ticket prices will remain obscene for Championship football and less away support revenue means they will push season tickets hard, it's the membership scheme that will crumble unless they link match ticket discounts to it.

Thanks for the reply 

Oh yeah I'm fully strapped in for championship football don't worry 🤣

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, copunk said:

Thanks for the reply 

Oh yeah I'm fully strapped in for championship football don't worry 🤣

I don't see how the membership scheme will remain viable unless it gets drastically reduced in price and there are significant benefits linked rather than just having the door slightly ajar for match ticket access. 

Even with a full away allocation I'd expect there to be 8 to 9000 tickets available that's based on 20000 ST renewals.

Walk ups won't amount to many if the club are still asking for £30 plus to watch Rotherham, Hull etc but I suspect the club will keep match ticket prices high to lever fans towards Season Tickets and that 'saving' against buying individual games. 

Fair play to your daughter, I hope there are some great moments for her in amongst the dross that'll be served up!!

6 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I don't see how the membership scheme will remain viable unless it gets drastically reduced in price and there are significant benefits linked rather than just having the door slightly ajar for match ticket access. 

Even with a full away allocation I'd expect there to be 8 to 9000 tickets available that's based on 20000 ST renewals.

Walk ups won't amount to many if the club are still asking for £30 plus to watch Rotherham, Hull etc but I suspect the club will keep match ticket prices high to lever fans towards Season Tickets and that 'saving' against buying individual games. 

Fair play to your daughter, I hope there are some great moments for her in amongst the dross that'll be served up!!

Yeah I sort of thought that the drop off from people renewing could be quite drastic

I think it's going to hit the board very hard seeing the king power not at full capacity for a while like it has been for the last 9 years or so (the expansion surely would be put on hold) 

Haha yeah bless her, she's glutton for punishment I will give her that, ha, think deep down I'm hoping that we can have a season where she sees us win games and more importantly play some decent football, the last game I took her to was the Blackburn FA cup game, one of the worst performances I have ever seen 

• Like 1

It’s a shame the membership can’t expand to 10% discount out the club shop or something along them lines. I know the high price still ain’t worth it but there has got to be perks to buying it next season apart from just keeping your loyalty points

On 15/05/2023 at 11:49, MS0204 said:

It’s a shame the membership can’t expand to 10% discount out the club shop or something along them lines. I know the high price still ain’t worth it but there has got to be perks to buying it next season apart from just keeping your loyalty points

Self harming,

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TonyT said:

What we saying then now relegation confirmed… how many points gets a season ticket? I have a friend on 15 points think he’s got a chance? 

Anyone who wants a season ticket should get one now, surely?

Perfect chance for the club to have a good reset on priority, memberships and all things tickets now.

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s one of the only benefits of going down. True supporters in the stands.

You'd think so. But don't think the happy clappers and plastics have anything better to do on a weekend. Considering majority of our fans are retired too, they won't have much on

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'm on 34 Priority Points. Home and Away. Is that enough for a ST?

It’s done on home points only and last few seasons has been mid thirties so if it stays the same would say no, but depends on how many don’t renew, plenty of people on here thinking anyone who wants one will get one

• Thanks 1

We submitted as members yesterday, there is 4 of us with the lowest being my daughter on 41 points.

I'm sure we'll be fine at that, we have a 13 and 11 year old in our four so will be hoping to get something in P2 which is where we mostly sit and have always been able to get 4 tickets in a row.

59 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Applied yesterday with my lad, he’s on 47 points now. I’d like to say that he’ll be fine with some drop off and last season having some successful members securing tickets with 37, but who knows.

47 points will be absolutely fine. If it went to 37 last year I think surely it'll be going to a little lower than that this year. I can't see it making all members or general sale this year though. Surely most would keep thinking they want to know they've got it if we go straight back up.