Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J@mes1982

How Many Points to Secure ST from Membership

I know it's a bit premature, but i was just wondering how it works if you wanted to change seats when you renew your season ticket?

I pay monthly for my ticket and i have tried to look online from previous years renewal media releases however doesn't seem clear to understand as it mentions automatic renewals and such. Essentially, i want to renew, but depending on available funds i would like to move seats. How easy / possible is this process? 

Is there a period for season ticket holders to change seats or do you have to choose not to renew and then select your seat once they are released to everybody? I don't want to risk ending up with no seat or one worse than i have already!

35 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I know it's a bit premature, but i was just wondering how it works if you wanted to change seats when you renew your season ticket?

I pay monthly for my ticket and i have tried to look online from previous years renewal media releases however doesn't seem clear to understand as it mentions automatic renewals and such. Essentially, i want to renew, but depending on available funds i would like to move seats. How easy / possible is this process? 

Is there a period for season ticket holders to change seats or do you have to choose not to renew and then select your seat once they are released to everybody? I don't want to risk ending up with no seat or one worse than i have already!

There is usually a relocation period for existing STH's. I think you would renew your season ticket as normal but then move seats during the relocation period window. In fact, you can relocate your seat at any point, even during the season. Just means slightly less choice of available seats 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I know its not exactly what you are asking now but still something not many know. You can move your seat at any time in the season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There is usually a relocation period for existing STH's. I think you would renew your season ticket as normal but then move seats during the relocation period window. In fact, you can relocate your seat at any point, even during the season. Just means slightly less choice of available seats 

And it's really easy and you can do it online.

I moved 2 years ago.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

49 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I know its not exactly what you are asking now but still something not many know. You can move your seat at any time in the season.

6 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

And it's really easy and you can do it online.

I moved 2 years ago.

Cheers all.

Im going to have a quick look now then unless anyone can save me the stress and knows where to find it online?

Something I’ve just realised, how does it work with aged tickets if you breach the age mid season. My dad will turn over 65 mid season. Will they charge adult price for the full season, or can I claim a rebate for the portion of the season he’s over 65. Appreciate any advice, otherwise I’ll take it up with the club 

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Something I’ve just realised, how does it work with aged tickets if you breach the age mid season. My dad will turn over 65 mid season. Will they charge adult price for the full season, or can I claim a rebate for the portion of the season he’s over 65. Appreciate any advice, otherwise I’ll take it up with the club 

Pretty sure you pay the rate that applies start of the season but in all honesty, I have no idea. Unlikely that the club will give any refund. They struggled to pay the pro rata on tickets sold back to the club's resale platform, doubt they could work this out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I'd have thought it goes on the age that you are when you make the purchase, certainly if you pay it upfront.

If you paid monthly, you'd expect that the payments would be amended to suit when the age changes,  but given our ticket office, I'd fully expect that to not happen.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Pay the rate that applied at start of season, least that’s how it was when you turn adult from U22. Think it’s your age on 1st September. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TonyT said:

I have 36 points and my brother has 33 points. What do you think our chances are for a season ticket next season? 🙏

I have 55 so am fairly confident but my son only has 38 and I'm not so sure. This is based on us staying up.

if we are r*******d (don't even want to say the word) I think both you, I, my son and your brother will easily make it.

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

I have 55 so am fairly confident but my son only has 38 and I'm not so sure. This is based on us staying up.

if we are r*******d (don't even want to say the word) I think both you, I, my son and your brother will easily make it.

Considering it was around mid 30s last year it should be even lower this season. You will be fine, be shocked if demand was that high.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think if we do suffer what seems to be the inevitable, it would get to the stage of season tickets going past the membership points stage to those that are just members?

I had a ST for years but had to give it up for work and would love to get it back. I know I dont have a chance if we do magically stay up, just thinking that the percentage of our fan base that are only in it for the PL hopefully do one and frees up a few spaces. I have a membership but with minimal points as I have been given a lot of tickets from friends/family. 

Probably wishful thinking but thought I would gauge the thoughts of you guys.

Edited by Newbold Blue
can you delete please - duplicate

Do you think if we do suffer what seems to be the inevitable, it would get to the stage of season tickets going past the membership points stage to those that are just members?

I had a ST for years but had to give it up for work and would love to get it back. I know I dont have a chance if we do magically stay up, just thinking that the percentage of our fan base that are only in it for the PL hopefully do one and frees up a few spaces. I have a membership but with minimal points as I have been given a lot of tickets from friends/family. 

2 minutes ago, Newbold Blue said:

I'd imagine any member who wants one would get one if we go down. Wouldn't be surprised if they just went on general sale. I think there'd be a huge drop off from this season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Newbold Blue said:

You'll be fine next season. Anyone who wants one will get one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glar84 said:

I'd imagine any member who wants one would get one if we go down. Wouldn't be surprised if they just went on general sale. I think there'd be a huge drop off from this season. 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You'll be fine next season. Anyone who wants one will get one.

Cheers guys

5 hours ago, Newbold Blue said:

Lol anyone who wants a ST will get one next year. The bandwagon trailers only have two games of their time as city fans left 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol anyone who wants a ST will get one next year. The bandwagon trailers only have two games of their time as city fans left 

This is what I am hoping for to be honest - the amount of "fans" that only wanted a season ticket to watch the opposition should hopefully depart!

31 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I might be naive here but are there really any of these?

No. They're a myth because the superior fans can't accept that some people genuinely only want a season ticket when we're in the Premier League, and people get wound up about how other people want to spend their own money.

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

No. They're a myth because the superior fans can't accept that some people genuinely only want a season ticket when we're in the Premier League, and people get wound up about how other people want to spend their own money.

42 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I might be naive here but are there really any of these?

I'm not saying it to be malicious, but I have friends and family with ST's who are around other people in the ground turning up to watch the opposition... sometimes not turning up as it is a less attractive side. So in my opinion they do yeah. Don't see myself as a 'superior' fan but I want to support my club but cant at present, from the ground anyway.

It is frustrating for others who have spent thousands, then had to work weekends, then couldn't go to the ground to support the team as other people are there not to support the team but turn up to watch Man City and Liverpool.