Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J@mes1982

How Many Points to Secure ST from Membership

Failed miserably to purchase online but after several attempts and a long hold I finally got through to the ticket office and got ours sorted. 

We had 79 and 39 points. 

I saw a good few people on social media who said they were rejected last year on higher points than others who were successful. So not surprising if the same has happened this year, totally unfair though. 

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Failed miserably to purchase online but after several attempts and a long hold I finally got through to the ticket office and got ours sorted. 

We had 79 and 39 points. 

I saw a good few people on social media who said they were rejected last year on higher points than others who were successful. So not surprising if the same has happened this year, totally unfair though. 

I think the system of if you apply with a family member who has less points it goes on the lowest points where as the one with highest misses out is totally unfair, I had a really busy day at work when the email came so didn’t have time to read the small print as I would have missed out on applying !

Phoned the ticket office waited 40min and found the bloke to be a bit yeah ok but states this and that and yeah but in the end I put the phone down on him !

So now next season I’ll be buying tickets again through memberships being charged more than if I’d have got a season ticket this year !

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

I think the system of if you apply with a family member who has less points it goes on the lowest points where as the one with highest misses out is totally unfair, I had a really busy day at work when the email came so didn’t have time to read the small print as I would have missed out on applying !

Phoned the ticket office waited 40min and found the bloke to be a bit yeah ok but states this and that and yeah but in the end I put the phone down on him !

So now next season I’ll be buying tickets again through memberships being charged more than if I’d have got a season ticket this year !

Personally, I think it's quite fair that it is based on the person with the lowest points. It would be more unfair on members with many points to lose out to someone with just a few because they've applied with a friend or family who have a high number.

All the ticket office asked me was where I wanted to sit, type of ticket and method of payment.  If you hung up after such a wait, you have just done yourself out of a ticket, which seems a bit silly just because you thought the operator was a bit of a bell.

• Like 2

The system they have at the moment is the fairest way possible of allocating season tickets. As mentioned above it would be more unfair on those with a higher number of points missing out because someone with the same points applied with someone on only a few points. 

They’ll always be disappointed people in any ballot but I genuinely can’t think of a fairer way than the current system.  

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Personally, I think it's quite fair that it is based on the person with the lowest points. It would be more unfair on members with many points to lose out to someone with just a few because they've applied with a friend or family who have a high number.

All the ticket office asked me was where I wanted to sit, type of ticket and method of payment.  If you hung up after such a wait, you have just done yourself out of a ticket, which seems a bit silly just because you thought the operator was a bit of a bell.

No I had 48 points I hung up as he didn’t want to help at all I asked to speak to someone more senior kept saying there wasn’t anyone, so I’ve emailed on LCFC help to help with a complaint !

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

No offense intended, but it's hardly unfair or the fault of the club that you didn't have time / couldn't be bothered to read the terms of applying is it? 

Wasn’t not bothered got to the email a bit before the deadline, I work in busy theatres just didn’t have time to trawl through small print 

Edited by justfoxes

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

No I had 48 points I hung up as he didn’t want to help at all I asked to speak to someone more senior kept saying there wasn’t anyone, so I’ve emailed on LCFC help to help with a complaint !

What is it you're complaining about? It seems as though the club have followed their own terms and conditions that were sent to you, so I'm not sure what it is that you're unhappy with, other than as you've said 'you didn't have time?' which is hardly cause for complaint to the club lol I'm happy to criticise the club where it's due, but I'm struggling to see what they have done wrong here... 

27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

What is it you're complaining about? It seems as though the club have followed their own terms and conditions that were sent to you, so I'm not sure what it is that you're unhappy with, other than as you've said 'you didn't have time?' which is hardly cause for complaint to the club lol I'm happy to criticise the club where it's due, but I'm struggling to see what they have done wrong here... 

Reading through, I think the compliant is because they both had 48 points and was unsuccessful. Unless of course there is another applicant linked with lower points.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Blue717 said:

Reading through, I think the compliant is because they both had 48 points and was unsuccessful. Unless of course there is another applicant linked with lower points.

Ah OK, I thought they were linked applications, one with a lower number of points :thumbup:

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Ah OK, I thought they were linked applications, one with a lower number of points :thumbup:

Justfoxes said he'd 48, the post didn't say how many the other linked party, his son, had. If it was less than 39 it would explain the unsuccessful application. If its over 40 I can see why there's a complaint but not why the fellow on the phone couldn't explain. 

• Like 1

On 11/06/2022 at 12:35, justfoxes said:

They need to sorry out a better method than they have at the moment for the season ticket ballots, too many disappointed foxes fans on here who’ve missed out again !

The solution to less fans being disappointed is surely the stadium expansion no?! 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 23:08, FoyleFox said:

We had 79 and 39 points. 

It's a ballot of all those grouped into the "eligible" category. Unless they just sort by most points to least and them give them out until there aren't any left, then there will always be those who feel it's "totally unfair". 

Saw on one of the cesspit Facebook pages someone moaning that they didn't get one when they had 10 points, IE they'd just bought it and attended zero games. 

• Haha 1

I mean, considering there are so many unsold season tickets still, what happens then because it closes at 5pm today?

Will they open it up to lower points brackets or does it just mean more seats available for those with memberships?

28 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I mean, considering there are so many unsold season tickets still, what happens then because it closes at 5pm today?

Will they open it up to lower points brackets or does it just mean more seats available for those with memberships?

What do you mean by that? There should be about 23k STH's in total which will leave about 6k of "free" seats that are sold on a match by match basis. There might be a handful that did not take up the members ballot place given to them (and potentially some late DD cancellations) but it would probably just fall under the "more match tickets available" category.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

What do you mean by that? There should be about 23k STH's in total which will leave about 6k of "free" seats that are sold on a match by match basis. There might be a handful that did not take up the members ballot place given to them (and potentially some late DD cancellations) but it would probably just fall under the "more match tickets available" category.

I was just meaning say we ended up selling 22,500 season tickets, would the 500 left be put on sale for a lower points bracket to get a season ticket or would they just be left thus allowing more tickets to members on a match by match basis.

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I was just meaning say we ended up selling 22,500 season tickets, would the 500 left be put on sale for a lower points bracket to get a season ticket or would they just be left thus allowing more tickets to members on a match by match basis.

I thought that's what you were hinting at. As above, I doubt there will be more than 100 "unsold" and even if so, the club will probably just soak that up into match by match sales.

• Like 1

I have really been so undecided since being successful on the Ballot for a number of factors, mostly money.

Weighing up the for's and against and finally decided to just go for it.

I know it's financially a bit unnecessary, and i know work schedule will stop me attending a few games but hey, you only live once and you really have got to make the most of the things that you enjoy.

£40 quid a month which i can probably mostly pay from putting a halt to even more unnecessary things like stupid £5 bets that never come in, and pointless stuff off Ebay!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I have really been so undecided since being successful on the Ballot for a number of factors, mostly money.

I know it's financially a bit unnecessary, and i know work schedule will stop me attending a few games but hey, you only live once and you really have got to make the most of the things that you enjoy.

£40 quid a month which i can probably mostly pay from putting a halt to even more unnecessary things like stupid £5 bets that never come in, and pointless stuff off Ebay!

Even if you only attend half the games, you will have spent as much as on individual tickets for those 9 or so matches. Plus you get further priority on away games and guarantee of continuing as a STH next season and beyond.

You also have a fixed outgoing and will not be faced with picking 1 of 3 fixtures in January as you have a tight month with money for example. And as you say, try to cut out £5 here and there will also be a big help (and this might give you a reason to cut out some unnecessary expenditure.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

We had a similar dilemma, but also decided to go for it. 3 tickets can be resold back to the club, so any matches we're on holiday. I calculated we need to do 8.5 matches to break even, and the DD is pretty much 1 match a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I am a STH now, but I had similar doubts at the end of 'The Great Escape' season when I automatically got a guaranteed chance of having a season ticket for our 2015/16 title winning season as a "Golden Fox" member. I declined to take it up! Let that be a lesson to anyone who needs it!

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...