Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Forest promoted to the prem!

4 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Excuse me for asking but what actually does “freedom of a city” entitle one to?

free beers in any drinking establishment in the county?

nandos black card at the meridien?

the ability to close down a shop and have it to yourself?

what is the benefit here….

Like many of these honours and titles it doesn't give you a great deal, but they are generally reserved for the true greats of a city who are either born or lived there and gone on to leave a huge mark on society or someone who has elevated the city and put it on the map, or someone who has hugely benefit the community. So the Attenborough brother, Alec Jeffreys, Gary Lineker, Sue Townsend and The Birch have been given the honour for Leicester for example. Hard to argue they haven't put the place on the map, done us proud or greatly benefitted the community. You'll notice it wasn't given to Brian Little, Marton O'Neil or Micky Adams after gaining promotion from the second tier, it wasn't even given to Claudio Ranieri after he made us Champions of England.

7 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Not forgetting...

Being allowed to graze your sheep on common-Land..

Byeways, strips of grass everywhere.

That's why locals on New Parks,decided to put their old fridges & cars all over the pavement to deter the grass-greedy sheep...

I came from the snobbish area, we put out only the decent household goods,to attract the council containers....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Very surprised by noise coming out of Forest, owner to spend £100m which surely would be questionable with ffp and then I see today Samba won't sign a contract and they've been linked with £40m rated Pope.

Pope surely won't be going to Forest? And throwing £40m at him is not exactly the right way to go about building a team to compete in the premier league.

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Pope surely won't be going to Forest? And throwing £40m at him is not exactly the right way to go about building a team to compete in the premier league.

I'm reading his net worth is £500m so would be very surprised he'd be putting that much in. I guess their wage bill is low so they have more TV money to invest but its clear with players like Samba rejecting the contract offer that he's trying to fob off the existing players with championship wages.

Think I'm just as excited to see  their transfer business as I am my own, as long as theirs bombs......back where we belong my arse 🤣

• 2 months later...
On 02/06/2022 at 22:53, SystonFox said:

In Carlisle it entitles you to herd your sheep over the bridge. 

Jimmy glass talks about it on undr the cosh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Watched their game against Newcastle, they look in real trouble, nailed on for 20th. I don’t even think it’s a case of their signings gelling, the signings simply aren’t good enough. 🤣

Can’t tell from one game, however they deserve to finish bottom from that corner routine alone. 

Forest can just pay 20 million etc  if they really want him!

Apparently we don’t need to sell so not  sure how this would benefit us in any way unless they are offering some ridiculous loan fee . 

But sad thing is we’ll probably agree to this and end up getting much less and no replacement in

On 02/06/2022 at 23:53, SystonFox said:

The biggest advantage, you are allowed to graze your sheep on common Land.

All those little kerb-side strips of grass,on council estates,or surrounding big mansion houses,that is Common Ground…

so when you become “Freeman of the city” like my 2 brother in laws….

you buy some sheep, just to upset the neighbours & the Master down the lane..:teehee:

• Like 1