Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Accents You Love or Hate

19 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I think you have demonstrated what I believe. Leicester doesn't have a accent at all, it is more a case of how we say words and/or how we adapt them. It is not so much the way we speak or the rhythm and tonality, it is more slang based.

Noworramean?

There’s definitely an accent. Different between Leicester and North West Leicestershire. 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Not a popular one but the New Zealand accent really grates on me . I can’t cope with the mangling of vowels .

I have a work colleague who introduces himself as Bin Spintzah ;)

lol

I have a slightly 'savvern' accent and as I mentioned earlier, was teased when I came to school in Leicester. But in addition to London, I was also schooled in Canada...and New Zealand, which is about as southern as it gets. Kids were utterly bemused when we returned to the UK. 

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

Not a popular one but the New Zealand accent really grates on me . I can’t cope with the mangling of vowels .

I have a work colleague who introduces himself as Bin Spintzah ;)

Haha that took me far too long to work out what his name was lol Now I can't get it out of my head!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I quite like the Welsh and Southern Ireland. 

I dislike Liverpool, West Midlands and Scottish. 

Scots have a few regional accents. Glaswegian is hard and unpleasant for the most part. Edinburgh, Eastern Scotland and the borders are quite soft and lilting as are the accents in the far north.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2022 at 19:33, Parafox said:

Scots have a few regional accents. Glaswegian is hard and unpleasant for the most part. Edinburgh, Eastern Scotland and the borders are quite soft and lilting as are the accents in the far north.

Inverness...

Southern Irish..

Galway

Southern French

Montanna

Kofu ( japan)

Brabant ( niederland)

Lienz (Austrian)

Leicester-Jamaica

Namur. ( Belgian)

Kanpur..(India)

Elztal Schwarzwald...Meine Schwarzwalder-Maedele...**

Accents that sing...!!   

They would wouldnt they...My ex- girlfriends homes..!:wub:         & ** my wife's..:kissing:

On 11/06/2022 at 18:33, Parafox said:

You're forgetting THE WORST Scottish accent there is... The Glasgow Uni Accent. Essentially when the lassie that grew up on the same street as you your whole life does 2 and a half years of a psychology course at Strathclyde and now talks with this weird posh over exaggerated accent that no one else in her family has.