Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

Glad we are at least seemingly still interested in him

https://thisisfutbol.com/2022/06/blogs/premier-league/lcfc-shop-latest-update-rumours-transfers-news-now-today-leicester-city/

Journalist Graeme Bailey has revealed that Leicester City are among a number of Premier League clubs tracking PSV winger Noni Madueke.

Speaking on the Talking Transfers podcast he said: (48:14) ”I’m told that Madueke is one attracting real interest here. I know that Gareth Southgate’s been keeping his eye on this player. There’s a lot of interest from England. Leicester like this guy a lot but there is a lot of teams Everton, Newcastle, Leeds.  Most of the big six have scouted him at some point.

“This is one to keep an eye on, I think this guy is going to come to England. Let’s see where he goes.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really hope this is true, for the right price I think he would be a great addition. 

Didn't he say his game against us the UECL was an 'audition' I may have misinterpreted it though. 

Just now, StinckleyFox said:

Is it really the perfect signing, was he not out injured a lot last season?

Out injured a lot, didn't perform consistently when actually fit and got caught speeding with a fake drivers license

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Out injured a lot, didn't perform consistently when actually fit and got caught speeding with a fake drivers license

Lol! probably best for all to just write off last year then! Lets do him a favour and focus on his '20/21 stats.....

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Yep, some red flags there. But he’s young and talented. If he knuckles down he could climb to a new level. I like him and hope we get him. 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Yep, some red flags there. But he’s young and talented. If he knuckles down he could climb to a new level. I like him and hope we get him. 

The next red flag would be that PSV obviously know all about him being homegrown, so have fun trying to prize him away for anything under 40m.

If Madueke is so desperate to leave, why did he sign a bumper contract until 2025 last summer... 

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Lol! probably best for all to just write off last year then! Lets do him a favour and focus on his '20/21 stats.....

24 7

20/21 stats - 24 games, 7 goals and 6 assists in the league, off the right wing. gerrimminnn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:
24 7

20/21 stats - 24 games, 7 goals and 6 assists in the league, off the right wing. gerrimminnn

Let’s not forget the numbers players such as jahanbakhsh and Jansen were producing in the Dutch league before they came to England. Always weary about that league :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:
24 7

He's hardly set the league a light. I will admit I don't watch the dutch league so I am not sure how he plays or how he would adapt to the prem, but those stats aren't exactly mind blowing.

I know Gakpo plays on the opposite wing but with 25 g/a in 27 games those are the kind of stats that would impress me coming from a league outside the top 5. Again, I do not watch either of these play so feel free to tell me I am an a**hole if I am completely wrong lol

17 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

The next red flag would be that PSV obviously know all about him being homegrown, so have fun trying to prize him away for anything under 40m.

If Madueke is so desperate to leave, why did he sign a bumper contract until 2025 last summer... 

Same reason a number of our players have - bit of loyalty on understanding their club can sell him at a good price. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Let’s not forget the numbers players such as jahanbakhsh and Jansen were producing in the Dutch league before they came to England. Always weary about that league :ph34r:

A few things work in our favour though.  One, Noni is english and had his football upbringing here, he knows the league well, probably trained with the spurs first team on many occasions and he wouldnt have any form of culture shock. 

The second would be that in the champions league qualifiers, he was excellent. Which shows that he does have another gear he can reach against stronger opposition. I heard negative things about him when he played us but there were a few moments when he was gliding with the ball and we didnt get near him. 

I think he wouldnt dissapoint at all. In truth, Jansen didnt stand a chance because he was never going to get a propper run with Kane... strikers need minutes more than any other position imo, as momentum is everything for a striker scoring goals so the odd game in the europa league, wont cut it.  Id actually say this is why we saw Daka drop off as well... a consistant run after his haul at moscow and I think we might  have seen a different player altogether.   

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

A few things work in our favour though.  One, Noni is english and had his football upbringing here, he knows the league well, probably trained with the spurs first team on many occasions and he wouldnt have any form of culture shock. 

The second would be that in the champions league qualifiers, he was excellent. Which shows that he does have another gear he can reach against stronger opposition. I heard negative things about him when he played us but there were a few moments when he was gliding with the ball and we didnt get near him. 

I think he wouldnt dissapoint at all. In truth, Jansen didnt stand a chance because he was never going to get a propper run with Kane... strikers need minutes more than any other position imo, as momentum is everything for a striker scoring goals so the odd game in the europa league, wont cut it.  Id actually say this is why we saw Daka drop off as well... a consistant run after his haul at moscow and I think we might  have seen a different player altogether.   

Your first argument can also be used against Madueke though. If he indeed is used to the pace and quality of English football, then how come his best season at PSV, the 2nd most dominant club in the Netherlands only brought a mere 11 goal involvements in 24 games. Compare that to the numbers Gakpo, Neres, Antony were and are putting up from similar positions and it makes you wonder.