Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

Was quite keen when we were initially interested last summer as the fee at the time was thought to be 15-20 mill. It then spiralled out of control to go along with seemingly made up interest from other PL clubs. Probably didn't help that he was on fire during that period as well. Be interesting to see if it's an either/or situation with CDK. Whilst financially it probably has to be,  I think the Belgian is succession planning for a Maddison sale.

Just now, Dandy king said:

I didn't think this guy was that good when we played them. Fast and tricky but no end product. But I am basing that on two games , am I missing something? 

Like you, I haven't watched much of him play. But from the small glimpses I have seen (youtube videos) he seems similar to barnes in that he's rapid, likes a 1-2 to get to the by line. Then as you say, the end product is just lacking a bit.

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Chuck Perez their way, a bit of cash and they can go and buy Lookman from Leipzig to replace him.

GERRRRIIIMMMMINNNNNNN

Real opportunity to finally replace Mahrez 

I'm not sure we will ever see someone replicate Mahrez's output on that RW :sleep:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

very plausible but I think that goes for the majority of wingers. It is very, very hard to get that position right as we well know. 

I’d be happy if we signed him but i wouldn’t be able overjoyed because i don’t think he has the potential to be another mahrez… but is that just being greedy? 

...so long as he plays for the team, and not for himself, he will be an assett!!!

Doesn't need to be at a Mahrez level, just so long as he thinks like a winger, instead of someone who now and again plays the position..

Injuries last season do concern me. Undoubtedly a talented player who on top form and fitness I'd be all over. We need to be very confident there's a low risk of him being injury prone before launching big money at him. We can't afford an expensive flop at this stage.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Injuries last season do concern me. Undoubtedly a talented player who on top form and fitness I'd be all over. We need to be very confident there's a low risk of him being injury prone before launching big money at him. We can't afford an expensive flop at this stage.

...we were looking at £40m last season, we are not at that level right now but his injuries are a concern!!!

He has worked his way back to get back to form, when he is on form he is a very exciting and a destructive player, a tad greedy, but wing play is what we need on both sides. 

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

Like you, I haven't watched much of him play. But from the small glimpses I have seen (youtube videos) he seems similar to barnes in that he's rapid, likes a 1-2 to get to the by line. Then as you say, the end product is just lacking a bit.

imagine if he is as good as Barnes

10 minutes ago, Claridge said:

imagine if he is as good as Barnes

He's not. He could be eventually but he's a good few years behind Barnes in his development. I don't think if we signed him and loaned him to West Brom he would even do as well as Barnes did there a few years ago. That's where he is right now. Some players suddenly burst on the scene at a young age and surprise everyone but as someone else said Lookman would probably smash his figures playing for PSV. Wouldn't be surprised if he nearly doubled the output of Noni in that league.  The major plus is that he is a left footed RW but he's very,very raw. 

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

He's not. He could be eventually but he's a good few years behind Barnes in his development. I don't think if we signed him and loaned him to West Brom he would even do as well as Barnes did there a few years ago. That's where he is right now. Some players suddenly burst on the scene at a young age and surprise everyone but as someone else said Lookman would probably smash his figures playing for PSV. Wouldn't be surprised if he nearly doubled the output of Noni in that league.  The major plus is that he is a left footed RW but he's very,very raw. 

Harvey Barnes is bang average for me. He’s not very consistent either which annoys me cuz when he’s on it he’s brilliant! Hopefully this season we will see more of it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Harvey Barnes is bang average for me. He’s not very consistent either which annoys me cuz when he’s on it he’s brilliant! Hopefully this season we will see more of it.

He's got what you can't teach though which is a knack of scoring and assisting, he's in the top 10 wingers in the league in doing so and worth his weight in gold. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Happily take a right winger as "bang average" as Barnes if it means they are going to be getting 10+ goals and 10+ assists a season

When you put the stats in I agree but imagine if he was consistent? He would be a beast! If he comes up against and decent RB he struggles most of the time. 

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's got what you can't teach though which is a knack of scoring and assisting, he's in the top 10 wingers in the league in doing so and worth his weight in gold. 

Top 10 ? Come on mate think about it? I’d take all these over him. Some are obvious tbf.

Sterling 

grealish 

Diaz 

salah

jota

saka 

son 

foden 

zaha 

neto 

raphinha

bowen