Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Tottenham away - Sat 17th Sept - 5.30pm K/O

Just now, Alfie.meadsy said:

I reckon the game is still on for Saturday. Because the railway ain’t on strike and I’ve heard they might not be doing engineering works on the East Midlands Trains line. And since the funeral is on Monday I think the game will be played 

Plus rugby and most other sports have continued to play 

14 minutes ago, Hollism said:

I don’t anticipate another think full cancellation of the game week, but surely there will be millions going to see her lying in state on this day? I think the met will call off the London games.

I don’t see them getting cancelled personally but their is that possibility. I reckon they will still run just because we are the only London fixture in the prem who will be playing. Ik Millwall and I think Watford are playing at home but I reckon since we are the only major London game I think it will run.

Edited by Alfie.meadsy

2 minutes ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

I don’t see them getting cancelled personally but their is that possibility. I reckon they will still run just because we are the only London fixture in the prem who will be playing. Ik Millwall and I think Watford are playing at home but I reckon since we are the only major London game I think it will run.

QPR as well, and Chelsea and Brentford both on the Sunday.

You may well be right and it isn’t affected at all. I’d assume that if is called off, it’ll be done with a few days notice at least.

14 hours ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

I didn't get postponing this week's games but I understand next week's being postponed with it being so close to the funeral.

Plus millions of people turning up in London to visit her in state. 

There has been talk of a switch of fixture to Leicester, but as I said in the other thread, while Spurs easily have the fanbase for it I don't get how they can shift 3000 tickets in the space of a week.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't get postponing this week's games but I understand next week's being postponed with it being so close to the funeral.

There has been talk of a switch of fixture to Leicester, but as I said in the other thread, while Spurs easily have the fanbase for it I don't get how they can shift 3000 tickets in the space of a week.

I think they could sell 3k in a couple of days in all honesty. Massive fanbase nationwide i personally dont think thatd be a problem more whether the PL would allow the switch.

Just now, Thefox81 said:

I think they could sell 3k in a couple of days in all honesty. Massive fanbase nationwide i personally dont think thatd be a problem more whether the PL would allow the switch.

It’s how Leicester could sell that many tickets would be more concerning. I could see kp being a few thousand short.. Tottenham could shift 3k easily also I think, especially if it went to general sale.. 

13 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

It’s how Leicester could sell that many tickets would be more concerning. I could see kp being a few thousand short.. Tottenham could shift 3k easily also I think, especially if it went to general sale.. 

Leicester I reckon would back themselves now they are all over digital tickets. Still think they would balls it up somewhere though.

6 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

I don't doubt that, it's just how they sell them.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Fixture switch with 6 days to go is madness. If it can't go ahead, just postpone.

Fully agree re matches this weekend, that was also complete madness and a bad call from the PL/EFL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't get postponing this week's games

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Fully agree re matches this weekend, that was also complete madness and a bad call from the PL/EFL.

The premier league is watched in 200 odd countries by billions of people, they didn’t want to give the fans who would be disrespectful a platform to do it on

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Fixture switch with 6 days to go is madness. If it can't go ahead, just postpone.

Fixture switch is not happening 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The premier league is watched in 200 odd countries by billions of people, they didn’t want to give the fans who would be disrespectful a platform to do it on

Fixture switch is not happening 

wont they have a minutes silence when the games resume?

Edited by purpleronnie

16 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Tigers are at home on Saturday anyway so it won't switch for the same day. Surely just postponed if anything. The strain on Met police over the weekend will be massive, so it wouldn't be a surprise. Surely they'll be able to make that decision sooner rather than later though. 

Edited by glar84