Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

They're not just adding extra time on for the sake of it. They're including the minutes for substitutions, injuries, breaks in play which is what everyone wants isn't it?

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Did this ref not get the lots of injury time memo ?

Or there hasn’t been any need for much .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

They're not just adding extra time on for the sake of it. They're including the minutes for substitutions, injuries, breaks in play which is what everyone wants isn't it?

Isn't that what every countries FA does though? lol Just that now FIFA are taking it (and correctly so) far more seriously

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Isn't that what every countries FA does though? lol Just that now FIFA are taking it (and correctly so) far more seriously

Very welcome from Fifa though I'm not aware of a federation that already does this - injury time seems to be about the same across most leagues. 

For people like me who have a tight train to catch after a game it's going to involve me running a bit more:)

1 minute ago, Balj said:

Very welcome from Fifa though I'm not aware of a federation that already does this - injury time seems to be about the same across most leagues. 

For people like me who have a tight train to catch after a game it's going to involve me running a bit more:)

I think if this catches on it's probably better to start looking at the 2x 30min halves with a stopwatch model

Think I've inadvertently and unfairly underestimated Morocco. Didn't realise they had quite a few players in the top leagues in their squad. 

Avoiding defeat here would be quite good for them. Gives them a decent chance to finish 2nd if they beat Canada. Wouldn't surprise me if they nick a draw vs Belgium too. 

Just now, Stinky said:

I think if this catches on it's probably better to start looking at the 2x 30min halves with a stopwatch model

I suspect this might be the precursor to exactly that - I think the average is about 35 mins ball in play for a half currently so might start 30/35 mins. Don't have too much of a problem with that except there is then no reason to rush back once the game has stopped. So can see games being even longer as a result - lot of faff in between stopping and starting in sports with stopwatch timing. 

Jon Champion: how many minutes stoppage time do you think there will be? 

John Hartson: I thought Ziyech had gone off, didn't notice he was still on the pitch! 

Hartson answering a totally different question that wasn't asked just then lol lol