Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

New Years Resolutions 2023

7 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Go on... whats yours, and what do you think of mine (bear in mind I weigh 125kg, and am 40 years old, and just a tad inactive, suffering with depression)

***NEW YEARS GOALS***
3,000,000 steps in 2023 (previous year approx 2,200,000 steps)

Break daily step record of 18,120 (23/9/2022)

Break weekly step record of 62100 (Aug 2022)

1 hour per week beach cleaning

Dry periods between Jan 4th and Feb 10th inclusive and the month of October

I have a feeling this is going to be.... emotional

That’s an awesome set of goals. There was a thread on here last year in which I achieved most of mine but not the big ones.

2023 - keep learning and developing in my new role is the boring but important one.

Try glenmorangie signet

Go to 5 new countries 

10 new Wetherspoons 

10 new football grounds across the world 

2 f1 races

Keep being positive and adventurous and learning from people i come across from everywhere in life 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That’s an awesome set of goals. There was a thread on here last year in which I achieved most of mine but not the big ones.

2023 - keep learning and developing in my new role is the boring but important one.

Try glenmorangie signet

Go to 5 new countries 

10 new Wetherspoons 

2 f1 races

Keep being positive and adventurous and learning from people i come across from everywhere in life 

Weird.

6 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Gonna try and read 1 book a month for the year. Any recommendations welcome 

Depends what you like? I read a book a week last year but smashed through them. This year I have read 26 but better quality and more varied. It is a great hobby imo.

Just now, Unabomber said:

Depends what you like? I read a book a week last year but smashed through them. This year I have read 26 but better quality and more varied. It is a great hobby imo.

Not sure really, I’ve only ever read books that have something to do with football. I’m open to anything 

First three months, I’ve really gotta focus on my running and exercise. Shifting the stone in weight which is going to make my back stay okay and put less stress on my lungs/heart. 

Im running Cambridge HM first weekend in March for Macmillan. I want to beat my record and ultimately earn a bit of money for a charity who did a lot for Mum in the final months of her life. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure really, I’ve only ever read books that have something to do with football. I’m open to anything 

Hmm - where to start! There are a lot of good books!

Try a Jack Reacher book maybe? They're massively popular for a reason. I've read a few and thoroughly enjoyed them.

A biography of an actor or a musician you're into might be another good place to start.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Try glenmorangie signet

Go to 5 new countries 

10 new Wetherspoons 

2 f1 races

Some very ambitious goals, fair play! 

I recently finished my bottle of Signet.  It was very decent but I cannot say it was exceptional.  The case and bottle are beautiful though, I've kept it as a bookend.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Gonna try and read 1 book a month for the year. Any recommendations welcome 

I'd recommend joining the library if you haven't already and using Borrow Box.  It's a bit like a kindle but free, the fact you only have a few weeks on loan focuses the mind and, if you're not keen on a book, back it goes with nothing lost.  Particularly good if you're not sure the sorts of books you might like. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

What is it you really like about them?

You’ll always find a decent pint of cask in them. Cheap obviously. Always get a table no matter what time of day/week. Passable cheap food served until late. No loud music so you can catch up with people. Also they’re everywhere, ended up in some strange towns en route to places simply because they have a spoons, my wife has prob been in 100+ spoons and hates them 

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Some very ambitious goals, fair play! 

I recently finished my bottle of Signet.  It was very decent but I cannot say it was exceptional.  The case and bottle are beautiful though, I've kept it as a bookend.  

Whole bottle, that’s awesome!! I defo can’t justify buying a bottle but want to try it. 2022 resolution was to try blue label king George v, did so whilst in the bath just before I moved out of London. 

What’s the best whisky you’ve tried? Any weird and wonderful suggestions for me? 

2 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Hmm - where to start! There are a lot of good books!

Try a Jack Reacher book maybe? They're massively popular for a reason. I've read a few and thoroughly enjoyed them.

A biography of an actor or a musician you're into might be another good place to start.

Matthew Reilly books are great.  There are 7 in total, starting with 7 Ancient Wonders.   The great thing is, you can now binge read and not have to wait for the next release (it took about 20 years in total for them all to be written)

47 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Whole bottle, that’s awesome!! I defo can’t justify buying a bottle but want to try it. 2022 resolution was to try blue label king George v, did so whilst in the bath just before I moved out of London. 

What’s the best whisky you’ve tried? Any weird and wonderful suggestions for me? 

Whisky in the bath, like your style. 

I was lucky enough to be gifted a Nikka Taketsuru pure malt 17.  That was sublime but all gone now.  I'm not a hoarder or collector, it's there to be drunk.   

Have you tried any of the Kavalan stuff?  Taiwanese distillery.  The soloist stuff is delicious but pricey.  But even some of the less expensive stuff like the ex bourbon cask is great.  Real tropical fruit vibes.  

The price of whisky has become ridiculous over the past few years.  I've started experimenting with rums now as they aren't so outrageous! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Love spoons. Been to >215 across the land

Weymouth has 2, a short stagger away from each other.

Then Dorchester has one, and Bridport another.

I can say they are really destination pubs though, especially not with the beautiful and unique pubs we have down here.

• Like 1