Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

New Years Resolutions 2023

I plan to combine dry January with quitting smoking. I drink far too much, and smoke a lot, especially when I drink. I did dry January 2 years ago and succeeded, which I was very proud of. Last year, I tried to give up smoking, but due to the booze, I lasted just a week and have continued to smoke ever since. So I'm hoping combining them will help me.

Also want to get a new job, where I work is absolute shite.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I was going to do dry January, but I've already failed.

I'm going to stop Leicester City results affecting me so much, whilst trying to go to more home games.

And as I've got back into my golf over the last year or so, I'd like to fulfil a lifelong dream of playing St Andrews. 

It ain't much, but I'm grateful for what I already have.

It's better than saying I'll give up smoking again, because that ain't happening. So fvcking hard.

Amend the dates to dry January, like I did!

I did this exercise on here last year and found it useful. I ticked off 4 or 5 of the 6 or 7 targets. I'm a bit apprehensive for 2923 as 2022 went really well for me (particularly professionally)...so my mindset is always to prep for a down year after an up. 

Anyways

I'm gonna try and get up super early on my WFH days. Say 5.30am

I'm gonna try and bin off the dating apps. 

Repeats of last year's aims to do up 2 more rooms in the house

Doing some boxing training and bang one of the birds in the office (both failed off last year's list) 

Boozy Weekend away in the states. Used to love doing that back in the day. 

Edit; lol, just re read the boxing & birds resolution. For clarity, I don't mean train for boxing and then use the boxing know how to physically assault a female colleague, lol. 

Edited by Paninistickers
Banging
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I did this exercise on here last year and found it useful. I ticked off 4 or 5 of the 6 or 7 targets. I'm a bit apprehensive for 2923 as 2022 went really well for me (particularly professionally)...so my mindset is always to prep for a down year after an up. 

It's a long way off mate. Don't worry about it.

• Haha 3

Looking to practice mediatation more consistently and possibly yoga, as I hear it's a good thing to take up as you head into your 30's.

Could do with losing a little bit of weight and toning up a bit, but hopefully some motivation for that will come with the mindfulness.