Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

New Years Resolutions 2023

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Good luck with that.

Coincidentally, mine is to carry on being amused by touchy idiots on football forums.

😘

What a fulfilling life you must lead....anyway...good luck with your homework..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

•Trying to change the most negative mentality in the world.
•Pass my driving test

•Be able to talk to girls without being genuinely scared

•Get and hold down a full time job

•To try and enjoy life rather than endure it

•Lose some weight 

Thats just a small part of my list to be honest. 

Maybe don't try to do them all at once, but any of them you do achieve, even if only partly, will help with the first one.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

•Pass my driving test

•Lose some weight 

The fact you are aware of things that might need changing and are motivated to do so is more than half the battle.  

Good luck, I am confident 2023 will be a year of positive changes for you 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Your goals are not specific enough, young padowan!   

Focus on the HOW (to lose weight etc), not just the end result.

Effectively, we have the same goals!

They are,  i just didnt go into details :)

Best of luck with your goals mate!

Positivity is needed in here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Give blood more

I'm booked in for next week. What i find quite odd and considering there is such a shortage of blood, is it takes so long to actually get an appointment. The one i'm going to next week, was the 1st date available when i booked back in October. 

5 hours ago, Raj said:

Anyone over the age of 20 who still makes NY resolutions needs to evaluate their lives!.

Not being harsh, but if you've not done it in the last year, odds are any resolutions you make wont last into March!

I didn’t know what I was going to do, so I find this a great tip. This year my resolution will be to reevaluate my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

My dad's best friend of 65 years, basically my uncle, died quite suddenly at the start of the month, and has left us all so devastated. He'd had an agreement with my dad for decades that whichever one of them died first would have their ashes carried up Kinder Scout in the Peak District. So my main task next year is to shift 5 stone as quickly as possible so that I'm capable of doing it, so I'll be going back to my PT and doing my best to make it up Kinder to pay my respects

Otherwise... I've got 3 solid feature screenplay ideas ready to go, with one I want to start writing in January that I'm really excited about writing. At least 3 short script ideas too, that I'll be doing my hardest to get made and start getting my screenwriting career off the ground. There's already a couple of short film funding competitions that I'm ready to submit to.

Perhaps most important to me though, and something that will help with the other two things, is, I really ****ing need a holiday. I'm going to do a couple of 'respites' in January - an irregular weekend job that pays reasonably well - that I'll be using to fund an emergency holiday. Maybe a cruise, as it would involve a lot of moving around while staying in the same place which would give me time to write and find the peace in travelling that I've always loved.

Otherwise, I'd love to go to another big gig next year if I can afford it. I saw Green Day in London in June and had an amazing time.

Just on the first point. On the goal. Something that worked for me earlier this year was to remove the target weight. If you have a target weight of losing 5 stone, you’re immediately under unhealthy pressure and the likelihood is a disappointing few weeks (which will happen due to the usual plateaus) will have you falling off the wagon. You already have a great target, you don’t need added pressure. If you’re starting from scratch, provided your target date is reasonably later on in the year, you’ll get to a fitness level which will be much healthier. 

Set a date on when you want to go. Say October/November next year. Write that date down and make the arrangements. Get the fitness journey going. You have some pressure but enough room to move that if you have a bad week (which again will happen), you’ll just restart the following week. 

I find that sort of that target means by your target date you’ll:

*you’ll eat better more days than not.

*you’ll exercise more days than not. 

Both meaning you’ll be far better off than when you when you start. It also means that you’ll get stronger as weeks progress and the healthy eating/exercise becomes a habit rather than a chore.

It’s just something that worked well for me and has help me maintain for longer. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

•Pass my driving test

•Lose some weight 

59 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

Yeah need to try and take small steps definitely 

Chris, I'm a big believer in healthy body=healthy mind.

My episodes of depression over the years have always been when I've suffered ill health, so for me, staying fit and healthy is always my number 1 goal.

Maybe if you started by actively trying to lose weight/get fit, that would then give you the confidence to then talk to girls etc. You'll have more energy, sleep better, and therefore maybe enjoy life better/be more positive.

Best of luck mate.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure really, I’ve only ever read books that have something to do with football. I’m open to anything 

I’m into fiction books, there are so many good ones. Best I’ve read this year was called black camp 21. Mo Hayder books are really good too.

The new fitness regime starts next week, since I’ve let myself go hugely recently. I just hope to get back to the levels I was at pre-pandemic and lose a few stone in the process.

Also hope to finish an EP I’ve been working on and put it out into the world. Just need to get the confidence to do it.

Been quite lucky in that thanks to big lots of cardio and eating very very well I don't really seem put on notable weight despite the fact I average about 25/30 pints in a normal week. I don't want to give up the bevs, love pubs far too much, but want to reduce my consumption by at least 50%, less from a looks point of view, more a wallet point of view. That and I don't want to look permanently flush by the time I'm 40.

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Been quite lucky in that thanks to big lots of cardio and eating very very well I don't really seem put on notable weight despite the fact I average about 25/30 pints in a normal week. I don't want to give up the bevs, love pubs far too much, but want to reduce my consumption by at least 50%, less from a looks point of view, more a wallet point of view. That and I don't want to look permanently flush by the time I'm 40.

Don’t know if you have Untappd, but by deleting that last year(was difficult as was on about 600 ticked by then), my consumption was halved. Helped because I wasn’t looking for the excuse of constantly justifying why I needed to hit 4 different pubs on a Monday night, because they had a stout on I’d not had before. I did it for opposite reason to you and shifted weight.

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

Don’t know if you have Untappd, but by deleting that last year(was difficult as was on about 600 ticked by then), my consumption was halved. Helped because I wasn’t looking for the excuse of constantly justifying why I needed to hit 4 different pubs on a Monday night, because they had a stout on I’d not had before. I did it for opposite reason to you and shifted weight.

Never got into Untappd mate but can see how people do, especially tickers! Very handy for pubs that have their menu on though.

-----

Work wise I really want to get the ball rolling on freelance on top of work, going to see if any charities without dedicated designers could do with a little 3/4 hours a week free of charge to rattle out some stuff too.

I was going to do dry January, but I've already failed.

I'm going to stop Leicester City results affecting me so much, whilst trying to go to more home games.

And as I've got back into my golf over the last year or so, I'd like to fulfil a lifelong dream of playing St Andrews. 

It ain't much, but I'm grateful for what I already have.

It's better than saying I'll give up smoking again, because that ain't happening. So fvcking hard.