Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I was in the middle of the west stand and what's interesting is that the middle of the Kop and SK4 are some of the least energic parts of the ground, probably along with the middle of the east stand. For example, when the whole stadium was going you'd have the family stand and other parts of the stadium on their feet joining in. The rest of the kop likes to stay seated and clap along a bit. In an ideal world you'd completely re-allocate the Kop. A bit like Derby did years ago and Boro have done (never going to happen though).

Edited by Chris_OGrady
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I was in the middle of the west stand and what's interesting is that the middle of the Kop and SK4 are some of the least energic parts of the ground, probably along with the middle of the east stand. For example, when the whole stadium was going you'd have the family stand and other parts of the stadium on their feet joining in. The rest of the kop likes to stay seated and clap along a bit. In an ideal world you'd completely re-allocate the Kop. A bit like Derby did years ago and Boro have done (never going to happen though).

Yep, J blocks and G2 in east stand are really really bad

17 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

It's not really a Family Stand now though, is it? Two blocks are open to anyone and I can see a slow drift to that becoming the new Kop (hopefully known as something else as we left the Kop behind at Filbert Street).

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's not really a Family Stand now though, is it? Two blocks are open to anyone and I can see a slow drift to that becoming the new Kop (hopefully known as something else as we left the Kop behind at Filbert Street).

cant become a new kop. Only P1 and P2 are open for anyone t buy tickets. The rest of it you have to buy a child ticket

@SemperEadem if the club did by some miracle decide to actually put the "family stand" where the kop was, would you guys have any issue with having the section in the middle of the opposite end of the ground? Wouldn't be directly next to the away fans too and think the club would have a far easier time moving people from their than the other end of the ground

1 minute ago, Trekerz said:

cant become a new kop. Only P1 and P2 are open for anyone t buy tickets. The rest of it you have to buy a child ticket

Two blocks might be enough. If that were to happen the club might decide the kids should be relocated.

Just now, Trekerz said:

@SemperEadem if the club did by some miracle decide to actually put the "family stand" where the kop was, would you guys have any issue with having the section in the middle of the opposite end of the ground? Wouldn't be directly next to the away fans too and think the club would have a far easier time moving people from their than the other end of the ground

Me personally id not like it as you'd have half a stand to tifo in as the other half is where the away fans are.

Im also really not arsed about support thats directed at 1200 Preston fans for example.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Two blocks might be enough. If that were to happen the club might decide the kids should be relocated.

when we're in the premier league next season again hopefully, won't majority of the clubs take their full allocation meaning it will only be P1?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Me personally id not like it as you'd have half a stand to tifo in as the other half is where the away fans are.

Im also really not arsed about support thats directed at 1200 Preston fans for example.

Tifo's don't stretch into the corner blocks now. Only the SK blocks? I'm sure the kids in the other half would love to get involved.

3 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

when we're in the premier league next season again hopefully, won't majority of the clubs take their full allocation meaning it will only be P1?

Most of the championship clubs have taken full allocation this season. P1 is always home fans. Only occasionally have we got M Block back which will be similar if we're back in the PL.

Just now, Spudulike said:

Tifo's don't stretch into the corner blocks now. Only the SK blocks? I'm sure the kids in the other half would love to get involved.

Most of the championship clubs have taken full allocation this season. P1 is always home fans. Only occasionally have we got M Block back which will be similar if we're back in the PL.

Sorry meant when the expansion comes (if it does)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Sorry, I meant P and P1 are home fans only no matter what league we are in.

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If they did a "Southampton" this would be good. Move everything around. A fresh start.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/2024-25-season-ticket-and-stadium-development-update

The difference between the people who run our club and Southampton's is stark.

Southampton are prepared to annoy a few of their fans, to create a brilliant whole safe-standing end.

Our club is doing its best to annoy most of our 23,000 season ticket holders, for absolutely no good purpose.  Other than so they can "monitor and control" us, in a big brother manner.

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We needs scarves waving at Preston, we need it to be like Leeds last season.. seeing clips of that is superb viewing.. what surprised me at Southampton though is most of the section would hold a scarf up for WYS but then it disappears.. only the lads at the front and myself with a couple of others 4 rows back waving.. is it not considered manly enough lol

Seeing ( with a bit of jealousy !) what Southampton have planned for next season with a decent fan zone and safe standing and with our plans seem to be blowing in the wind but anyone know what’s happening to our stadium & fanzone expansion ?

28 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Seeing ( with a bit of jealousy !) what Southampton have planned for next season with a decent fan zone and safe standing and with our plans seem to be blowing in the wind but anyone know what’s happening to our stadium & fanzone expansion ?

Nothing mate. Our clubs run by incompetent fools, unlike Southampton.

But at least we’ll (hopefully) be playing premier league football next season.

• Like 1

Alot can be rightly levelled at our fanbase, quiet, passive, happy clappers, but the scenes down the KP last night looked great, compare that to when Man City win a league or won Champions League...the Treble(!) last season.