Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Gotta have active supporters though. The club saying right SK2 is now the section also means zilch changes as SK2 largely sits in silence.

Where would u rather like minded fans to UFS go cuz Ik people like me want to move towards the section but probably can’t be apart of it as it’s sold out so which would UFS rather have are fans move to

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Gotta have active supporters though. The club saying right SK2 is now the section also means zilch changes as SK2 largely sits in silence.

Do we have any idea as to the desire for re- location into the section from fans? 

3 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Where would u rather like minded fans to UFS go cuz Ik people like me want to move towards the section but probably can’t be apart of it as it’s sold out so which would UFS rather have are fans move to

You can relocate now if you want to.

Would be very surprised if they allocated SK2. Much more likely is the block to the right of the UFS lads, simply because as mentioned SK2 is pretty much exclusive to ST holders. There was enough kick up when SK1 got allocated and we know what the club are like. 

More to the point, it’s crazy that “the powers that be” cannot see the effect of what having a section does. 

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

You can relocate now if you want to.

Area not for me as my knees are fcuked but have 15 year old nephew and 13 year old son who are desperate to move into the area as soon as they can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Area not for me as my knees are fcuked but have 15 year old nephew and 13 year old son who are desperate to move into the area as soon as they can.

Could you go either just below or into G1?

Great the young’uns fancy it though.

6 minutes ago, Rain King said:

We sit just a couple of seats to the left over the steps and there’s not too much standing there - not enough standing for my liking!  But you still get the atmosphere and some join in, some don’t.  I used it as a stepping stone for my 13 year old moving out of the family stand 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Would be very surprised if they allocated SK2. Much more likely is the block to the right of the UFS lads, simply because as mentioned SK2 is pretty much exclusive to ST holders. There was enough kick up when SK1 got allocated and we know what the club are like. 

More to the point, it’s crazy that “the powers that be” cannot see the effect of what having a section does. 

Penny might finally dropping there - but will take fans to be more active and louder about the section / potential for safe standing.

Apathy is much as a killer to getting the club listen to fans concerns as the club themselves.

8 hours ago, HarryTheGenie said:

Nor sure if it was mentioned yesterday but the 'victory song' that god awful racket that started as a p*ss take at Porto away, gets belted straight out and all the original and organic atmosphere that was created and literally helped the team through to victory literally pops like a balloon. 

Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to allow the natural atmosphere of a massive win evolve and the idiot in the media suite destroyed it for a song that has little to no relevance to our club. Why are the club allowing this to happen?

For the same reason that ...

whilst most other clubs are installing safe-standing, ours don't even talk about it, or

our club still produces 1000's of pointless/annoying clappers every match, or

our club is trying to force its customers to use Mobile Ticketing even though 1000's of them don't want to, or

our club never puts away tickets on general sale, or

our club hardly ever even puts home games on general sale, or

our club will only allow you to forward a ticket (next season) to someone who is a Fox Member, or

I can't be arsed to think of any more example.   I'm sure you can think of some more of your own.

But the reason is fairly obvious ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

G1 I’d hope cuz I plan to move their next season depends on if it’s any good their so people in G1 whats it like 

Where do you sit now?

Ive occasionally sat in G1 this season. It’s quite shit. Loud (as the noise carries over well) but no one sings.

Edited by niyaminski

15 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Where do you sit now?

Ive occasionally sat in G1 this season. It’s quite shit. Loud (as the noise carries over well) but no one sings.

P1 but I’m one seat to the left of being in P, when it’s loud it’s loud there but can also be shite when the atmosphere as a whole is crap which has been the case most of the season 

7 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

P1 but I’m one seat to the left of being in P, when it’s loud it’s loud there but can also be shite when the atmosphere as a whole is crap which has been the case most of the season 

I mean if you enjoy singing and all that then relocate to SK1. Doesn’t have to be in the singing section itself.

But generally as a club we need singers to congregate in one or two areas. SK1 (if it gets filled then across the Kop end) and L1.

12 hours ago, Bergen fox said:

L block is the best as you

get the banter with the away fans and can stand all game. 
should have the union fs singing lot close by. 
to get the atmosphere up. 

Nearly all the original UFS guys came out of L1 because they were fed up of the "banter". I'd say there's next to no desire to go back.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mint23 said:

We sit just a couple of seats to the left over the steps and there’s not too much standing there - not enough standing for my liking!  But you still get the atmosphere and some join in, some don’t.  I used it as a stepping stone for my 13 year old moving out of the family stand 

This is ideal really. If you want to be part of the section, standing, singing for 90 mins, flags etc. then jump in there. If you don't want to be quite in the mix of it all there are two options:

1. Sit below it in SK1.

2. Sit around the edge of it (e.g. G1 way).

Great for those who might not be sure if being in the section is perfect for them.

The pinnacle would be what Southampton are doing. A full stand of safe standing. Would be great to convert the whole Kop and reconfigure the ground slightly.

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is ideal really. If you want to be part of the section, standing, singing for 90 mins, flags etc. then jump in there. If you don't want to be quite in the mix of it all there are two options:

1. Sit below it in SK1.

2. Sit around the edge of it (e.g. G1 way).

Great for those who might not be sure if being in the section is perfect for them.

The pinnacle would be what Southampton are doing. A full stand of safe standing. Would be great to convert the whole Kop and reconfigure the ground slightly.

I wish that was a possibility but are club is a shambles and can’t even get safe standing in let alone reconfigure a stadium 

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the difference it makes is unreal. Past seasons I'd plonk myself in various parts of the ground and pretty much all you'd hear would be away fans.

Since the back end of last season, there's been a ripple effect from SK1. On Saturday you had people in G1/G2 actually singing and clapping. 

Good work, all.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the difference it makes is unreal. Past seasons I'd plonk myself in various parts of the ground and pretty much all you'd hear would be away fans.

Since the back end of last season, there's been a ripple effect from SK1. On Saturday you had people in G1/G2 actually singing and clapping. 

Good work, all.

This is something the club should read. Would you be up for emailing them on this?

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nearly all the original UFS guys came out of L1 because they were fed up of the "banter". I'd say there's next to no desire to go back.

Strange as having away fans close to you builds up the atmosphere.
The kop should be switched with the family stand. 

Edited by Bergen fox