Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just watched the Ipswich highlights, great scenes there after the game, not a chance KPFC would allow anything like that.

Even employed loads of extra security yesterday when there was pretty much no chance of a pitch invasion anyway. They seem to want to make everything as boring as possible.

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32

saw the Ipswich celebrations and that was norm one time and us old 60s gits were having a laugh bout it after ydays game , sheff u 79 them invading at bramall lane and running at us after they got relegated , orient us in 80 loads more 83 , 91, and so on . just accepted it would be pathetic at ft yesterday so left after final whistle and happy to as would have stood there depressed at our young fans lack of spontaneity. flags, banners, away days, even home games all have to be organised with instruction now , ffs loads walking to stadium as i left what for im fkt if i know , with pints in hand from the pubs like local hero , the mind boggles   

Posted (edited)

Everyone’s saying the atmosphere was shit or whatever. Where I was in the singing section, it was great. No one stopped singing. Lad next to us came with an inflatable dinosaur and balloons and what have you.

First trophy lift that I’ve been old enough to properly celebrate (FA Cup COVID time and PL I was a bit too young to go out in the city afterwards for 🍺)

Probably one of the best days of my life.

Edited by niyaminski
  • Like 2

Guest leatherhead32
3 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Everyone’s saying the atmosphere was shit or whatever. Where I was in the singing section, it was great. No one stopped singing. Lad next to us came with an inflatable dinosaur and balloons and what have you.

First trophy lift that I’ve been old enough to properly celebrate (FA Cup COVID time and PL I was a bit to go out after 🍺)

its an age thing but if you had a good time fair play to you.

11 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Spot on. You had a massive crowd at sk1 corner but I couldn’t see a fair few of the team for family and kids. 

Another thing I thought was slightly odd at times today was usually ufs orchestrates the atmosphere.. I’m sure they don’t mind when another group in the section takes over as they are quite good at adapting the drum to that chant.. but where on earth did east stand start the way come from? Everyone was looking a bit bemused lol is that some kind of rip off Bristol city chant in an attempt to get the KP rocking? 

im always fascinated by the ufs lad with curly hair who has his back to the game most of it urging the fans on. Is he on here? Top efforts.. 

I tried to get east stand start the wave going and I'm in the section. It's something we've always done for these types of games and gets the whole ground going. It might not be "cool" but the majority of the ground would've loved it if it started.

Not sure why people are disappointed there wasn't a pitch invasion, it should have been Preston if anywhere. Personally I don't think it's something you pre plan, it's in the moment. We've just been unlucky that the last few times we've won something, it's been from other teams results to confirm it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Maybe the players are annoyed when half the ground is silent and empty after they have put in a shift each week! They can't have it all ways! The players normally clap tge stands each week, most of them are at best half empty except tge kop. 

Disagree with this. There's a stand full of the next generation of fans there and you think it's ok to leave them out of the trophy celebrations because some leave at 85 mins?

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Disagree with this. There's a stand full of the next generation of fans there and you think it's ok to leave them out of the trophy celebrations because some leave at 85 mins?

Absolutely, we’re not all fortunate enough to be surrounded by like minded fans. It doesn’t make us any less of a dedicated supporters than those in the corner because people around us won’t get involved or leave before the end

• Like 1

If you were in the corner of the Kop/East Stand the atmosphere post game was brilliant with the players 'performing' their celebrations in that corner.

If you were elsewhere I'd imagine you'd feel left out.

As for during the game well there was nothing in that to raise any excitement, it was like an exhibition game with no exhibits.

The atmosphere was a little more subdued than i was expecting yesterday. I don't think the action on the pitch helped.

Post match, the thing I find most annoying is the additional people. There were hundreds of them yesterday. I get that players want their family with them but it should be that the squad do a lap of appreciation by themselves and then have the family join them.

Yesterday, after everyone went to SK1, for the most part I couldn't see where the players or the trophy were. 

16 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Yes, because their parents are muppets. Blame anyone, blame the parents who leave early game after game, for what to miss a bit of 'traffic'!

Its an embarrassment, very few other clubs have this. 

29 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

First trophy lift that I’ve been old enough to properly celebrate (FA Cup COVID time and PL I was a bit too young to go out in the city afterwards for 🍺)

I wanna move near to UFS next season cuz of things like this but right now I’m in P1 pretty much next to P block and for the most part I’ve loved it this year when the stadium atmosphere has been shite we still have had a party most weeks an attitude of everyone else is miserable but I wanna enjoy this has been there most weeks 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yes, because their parents are muppets. Blame anyone, blame the parents who leave early game after game, for what to miss a bit of 'traffic'!

Its an embarrassment, very few other clubs have this. 

Almost every other club has this.

Guest leatherhead32

see now  fans with backs turned to orchestrate sections of crowd ffs we aint italian , why not get an ice cream and miniature cup of coffee pre match and then drive the streets on a frkn moped after pappin your hooter til 4am.

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Almost every other club has this.

Not to the extent of ours. Some games we are winning 3-1 and 3/4 of the stands are actually empty, It can't feel great for players. Imagine leaving a gig or film/theatre early. It's rude and embarrassing.

Those that do it can't have it all ways. I'm glad they enjoyed getting home so much earlier. 

The club take one step forward and one backwards. 

It doesn't take much to do something for the fans which is an "easy win". 

I don't blame the owners or CEO because the problem is the club seriously lacks someone who is competent at middle management - little things like noticing the players are neglecting one side and moving them on, or making sure they don't run out of beer at half time etc!

I thought it was a fantastic day yesterday in and around the ground (the band were brilliant) and also town after the match was buzzing. But fully understand some of the complaints by supporters mentioned here. 

40 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Not to the extent of ours. Some games we are winning 3-1 and 3/4 of the stands are actually empty, It can't feel great for players. Imagine leaving a gig or film/theatre early. It's rude and embarrassing.

Those that do it can't have it all ways. I'm glad they enjoyed getting home so much earlier. 

I'm not defending those people but it happens in every ground in the country. Suspect the season looked like a canter drove the behaviour for the most part as it seemed to improve when jeopardy was reintroduced.

The is a bit of a tangent anyway and doesn't mean those stands should have been excluded from so much of the celebrations.

47 minutes ago, pkonline said:

I don't blame the owners or CEO because the problem is the club seriously lacks someone who is competent at middle management - little things like noticing the players are neglecting one side and moving them on, or making sure they don't run out of beer at half time etc!

It was Birchenall that eventually moved them on. Not really his job, but he's one of the old brigade that knows how things should be done.