Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fully agree with your first point. 

Should've been just the players for a lap with the trophy, then by all means have all the families come out for pictures etc. 

Think your last comment is a touch unfair. 

Ideally they would have gone around the ground afterwards but for whatever reason they didn't.

A shame for those in those stands, I grant you.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Large numbers stand supporting for the entire game/after the game in other areas of the ground.

Love the players showing their thanks to the corner for their loud support with the trophy etc, that's great to see but don't like the suggestion other areas aren't as dedicated in supporting. 

Not digging you out personally but largely that isn't true. Some areas aren't as dedicated. There have been large empty sections on earlier parts ot the season in many parts of the ground with 10 mins to go.

• Like 4

Just now, kenny said:

I sit in that corner.

I think the social media team decide where is best for the photos.

The club is indifferent to the fans but will exploit any media opportunity they can.

I think it was because Albrighton went over and the others followed. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not digging you out personally but largely that isn't true. Some areas aren't as dedicated. There have been large empty sections on earlier parts ot the season in many parts of the ground with 10 mins to go.

The east stand/L1 were still there singing once the singing section corner had emptied we still didn't get to see the trophy. 

Claiming that they are not as dedicated just isn't true and there is a growing section of fans that I seem to be seeing this superiority from and I think it's a bit toxic

• Like 2

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think it was because Albrighton went over and the others followed. 

Then took it in turns with big cameras and phones.

It's not a moan, but it's a PR stunt just like handing Fatawu a phone for a selfie 

what was with kicking everyone out of the fosse club lounge today at half time,  most there have been week in week out for years. Suddenly top and loads of his thai mate and load of corporate hang ons not seen since 2016 can have  a party. Its taking the p£ss!

1 minute ago, Foxes99 said:

what was with kicking everyone out of the fosse club lounge today at half time,  most there have been week in week out for years. Suddenly top and loads of his thai mate and load of corporate hang ons not seen since 2016 can have  a party. Its taking the p£ss!

Kpfc. Not seen that many Thais at the ground today since we won the prem. Frustrating when fans who have been going week in week out couldn't get a ticket today

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fully agree with your first point. 

Should've been just the players for a lap with the trophy, then by all means have all the families come out for pictures etc. 

Think your last comment is a touch unfair. 

We stayed till the very end. They went round the whole ground. We saw the media team ushering the players away from sk1 to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We stayed till the very end. They went round the whole ground. We saw the media team ushering the players away from sk1 to do it. 

Yes , they did ,but not with the trophy. My lad kept asking where's the trophy. I think Top eventually was seen with it. 

I think that's what people are moaning about, not the fact the players didn't eventually come round to L1 / family stand but we didn't get to see them with the trophy.

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes the players did the trophy didn't though which was what was dissapointing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes the players did the trophy didn't though which was what was dissapointing

We say them lifting it down there at the end. Did you leave before they had gone round?

Just now, Chelmofox said:

We say them lifting it down there at the end. Did you leave before they had gone round?

No they had all gone past we saw them stood on the halfway line with it but back turned to us so couldn't actually seen the trophy then the trophy seemed to disappear and the players walked past and we clapped and sang there songs as they came past.

Maybe they came back afterward but we were there quite a while most off the ground had emptied by the time I left

2 minutes ago, broadstone fox said:

I sit in the corner near the family section

They didnt seem to want to come down our end so we left in the end.

Caught the 2nd half of the Anstey Nomads playoff final . My boys prefered that instead!

Enzo, Albrighton, Abdul, Ricardo,Coady, KDH, Top, Cannon and Vardy did make an effort to come over to the family stand oh and Winks

Just now, adam said:

Yes about half hour later than they should of. With the amount of kids in that family end its piss poor and they should of done a proper lap of honour.

So you went home before they came round? The players were having a ball down by SK1 and were ushered around by the media team. They did get round there.

29 minutes ago, Foxes99 said:

Really? What happened?

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

So you went home before they came round? The players were having a ball down by SK1 and were ushered around by the media team. They did get round there.

I sit in the kop. I didn't go home. Can see why the people in the family end were pissed off though.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, adam said:

Yes about half hour later than they should of. With the amount of kids in that family end its piss poor and they should of done a proper lap of honour.

Parents should teach their kids how to properly support a football club and not do one back to the cars with 10 minutes left to go 😂 

A lesson in supporter etiquette today. I say this mostly tongue in cheek but ultimately and honestly this probably was a contributing factor in why the celebrations did focus on the kop/union fs corner. Of course not pre planned or with malice from the players or club but during their happiest moment they preferred to spend it with the people who they felt the most love from. 

Edited by JayTheFox
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Trophy made it from SK1 to the halfway line after about 45 minutes

• Like 1